The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:...but that they had no idea what the plot would be, or who was performing the theme song.

That's because neither does EON.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The Casting Directors’ Guild (CDG) will present its first Casting Awards on Tuesday 12 February 2019 at Ham Yard Hotel London. This new event, in partnership with Spotlight, will be the first UK Awards ceremony to celebrate the significant achievements of casting in the fields of Theatre, TV, Film and Commercials. "EON Productions" are sponsoring The CDG Award for Outstanding Contribution to Casting.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Mary Poppins Returns vs. Aquaman next week. Which will be the higher grossing film that weekend? Aquaman looks like garbage. I will go with Ms, Poppins. TOMATOMETER:
Aquaman: 74%
Average Rating: 6.3/10
Reviews Counted: 92
Fresh: 68
Rotten: 24

Mary Poppins Returns: 77%
Average Rating: 7.4/10
Reviews Counted: 77
Fresh: 59
Rotten: 18
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Mary Poppins Returns vs. Aquaman next week. Which will be the higher grossing film that weekend?
Hard to tell, as they're both aimed at different audiences, but Disney has a better track record at the box office than DC, so I'll go for Mary Poppins as well. Normally, I wouldn't have much hope for a sequel to a 54-year-old film without the original leads (though Dick Van Dyke apparently has a cameo), but Disney is pretty much invincible, and judging by the trailer, Emily Blunt's performance seems to be spot-on, capturing the essence of Julie Andrews without doing a straight imitation.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Im not sure about poppins. If it’s a traditional wide release Disney film it ought to clean up just because this is Disney’s reputation nowadays. But from what I’ve read it has got fewer screens than aquaman. I’m not sure Aquaman is anything special either.
I’m more excited about Spider-Man, and bumble bee.
mortal engines looks interesting too. Of course I want to see once upon a Deadpool more than the others if it’s like the trailers.

Aqua man has potential, not quite the same audience as Mary poppins but both want families to make a trip out of them.
DCU will complete rebranding if it works, it not wonder woman might be the only DCU film franchise they keep re-branding the rest of dc movies around her.
My gut on aquaman is it’ll do slightly better than expected but not Chinese bo big in the rest of the world. Kind of bugs me the guy playing aqua literally has had one look and one act since stargate Atlantis and game of thrones. And I’ve never given a crap about the king of the sea or whatever he’s supposed to be. The comic geek meme is it’s supposed to be a better translation of the comics than DCU had to date. But those same people say spider verse is one of the best comic book movies just about eva!

But it’s a 4 day weekend holiday may be a lot of room, Jumanji managed to surprise last year because it was under estimated. I kind of think bumble bee has legs if it’s any good. My young nephews and nieces are excited about it. Well they are also excited about detective Pikachu, so maybe it’s just a kid thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Yes,I put the Lego Aston Martin on my Amazon Wish List. Too late for Christmas,but my birthday’s in a few months,so maybe then? :clap:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I think Duffy would be a good choice for next theme song. But I'm guessing they'll go for a big British big star ATM so that could be... Dua Lipa? I think she could pull it off as well. Or maybe Adele will become Shirley Bassey 2.0 and they call her back. I wouldn't mind, her song was one of the few bright spots in that whole mess.

As for the villain, I find the idea of Malek as a villain to be sort of... laughable. EON has so little imagination these days I would guess they would make him some sort of a hacker villain(due to his great success with Mr Robot) and call it original.
Malek also gives off such a non threatning vibe that every time I see him I just want to pat him on the back and give him a cookie. But maybe that's because I haven't really seen much of his work, my observations come from interviews mostly.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Veronica wrote:As for the villain, I find the idea of Malek as a villain to be sort of... laughable. EON has so little imagination these days I would guess they would make him some sort of a hacker villain(due to his great success with Mr Robot) and call it original.
Malek also gives off such a non threatning vibe that every time I see him I just want to pat him on the back and give him a cookie. But maybe that's because I haven't really seen much of his work, my observations come from interviews mostly.

Would be as if Silva from Skyfall and Greene from QOS had a baby then refused to feed that child until it became malnourished.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Malek's a very versatile actor. His performances as Elliot in Mr Robot and Freddie Mercury are about as different from one another as it's possible for one actor to get. And Donald Pleasance's Blofeld was not particularly imposing physically. I've no doubt he could play a Bond villain. But would he want to?

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I didn't strictly mean Malek has non threatning vibe because of his physical built. It's the whole aura he gives off to me that makes it difficult to imagine him as being threatning, creepy, slimy or any kind of interesting villain you want. For example, I can not imagine him pulling off what Pryce pulled off in TND. He wasn't physically threatning but he was convincing as a large ham megalomaniac with a gift for witty remarks. "So much for german efficiency" is my favorite.
Then again, I could be massively wrong.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

He plays a borderline autistic character in Mr Robot, and though he's nominally the good guy (though that's debatable - lots of shades of grey in that show's morality), it's not hard to imagine him as the villain. Though I would hope that he didn't simply repeat the same performance.

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

I see him as that Egyptian prince in night at the museum.
“No MR Bond I expect you to die”

He could be vespers kid seeking revenge or the child bond abandon coming back for revenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Pete Davidson posted an extremely dark message on Instagram following another post about being honest about mental health.

“I really don’t want to be on this earth anymore,” he wrote in a now deleted Instagram post. “I’m doing my best to stay here for you but I actually don’t know how much longer i can last. all I’ve ever tried to do was help people. just remember I told you so.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

He may be bipolar. Hopefully his mood will swing back and he will stop feeling suicidal, before he acts on it.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It sounds like just a matter of time. Ariana Grande messed him up pretty badly. The so-called tasteless joke he did mocking the one-eyed Republican last month brought out his underlying issues about life. Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Four years between TMWTGG and TSWLM, with the same actor, but at Moore's inception--------Six years between LTK and GE and that was with a new actor--------now, five years will be between Spectre and Shatterhand (most likely title) with Cr-egg supposedly ending his time-------predictions---- Boredom or Success? A message to Barbara too: Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:predictions---- Boredom or Success?
If Skyfall teaches us anything, it's that you don't have to choose between the two.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

New Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker and the series’ showrunner Chris Chibnall are rumoured to be quitting the show next year. A report in the long-running science-fiction magazine Starburst says that Chibnall is dissatisfied with the way the show is being run behind-the-scenes by the BBC. Whittaker, who previously worked with Chibnall on the hit ITV drama Broadchurch, is said to be leaving the show in sympathy for her friend and colleague.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:New Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker and the series’ showrunner Chris Chibnall are rumoured to be quitting the show next year. A report in the long-running science-fiction magazine Starburst says that Chibnall is dissatisfied with the way the show is being run behind-the-scenes by the BBC. Whittaker, who previously worked with Chibnall on the hit ITV drama Broadchurch, is said to be leaving the show in sympathy for her friend and colleague.
That rumour has been around for a while. Nobody has actively denied it, but it appears to have originated on the Internet, and has not been backed up by any reliable source. It wouldn't be next year, though, as the next full season doesn't start until 2020. The special on New Year's Day is all we're getting in 2019.

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:predictions---- Boredom or Success?
If Skyfall teaches us anything, it's that you don't have to choose between the two.

Best thing I have read today. Cheers. :cheers: