The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

Speaking of space..I saw the Space X rocket..we were driving to celebrate Christmas with my brother and his wife and my niece and nephews(they're on their way to Sacramento as we speak) and it was going on the whole drive over there and when we arrived at his house. 8)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

1,000,209 views :!: :clap: It's done :!: It's a great achievement which I doubt any other internet Bond forums will ever attain :!:
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:Speaking of space..I saw the Space X rocket..we were driving to celebrate Christmas with my brother and his wife and my niece and nephews(they're on their way to Sacramento as we speak) and it was going on the whole drive over there and when we arrived at his house. 8)
how cool was that! Did it freak the kids out at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:1,000,209 views Image :clap: It's done Image It's a great achievement which I doubt any other internet Bond forms will ever attain :!:
Congratulations!! :party:

Guess my reloading the thread all day was worth itImage (Deadpool joke from the video game )

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:
bjmdds wrote:1,000,209 views Image :clap: It's done Image It's a great achievement which I doubt any other internet Bond forums will ever attain :!:

Guess my reloading the thread all day was worth itImage (Deadpool joke from the video game )

You said it big O :!: When we started here we were ridiculed by Broccoli's minions. We survived and thrived and Cr-egg is still in the role :!: What will it take for Cr-egg to be vanquished once and for all? Maybe sexual misconduct charges against EON? :idea:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:
Omega wrote:
bjmdds wrote:1,000,209 views Image :clap: It's done Image It's a great achievement which I doubt any other internet Bond forums will ever attain :!:

You said it big O :!: When we started here we were ridiculed by Broccoli's minions. We survived and thrived and Cr-egg is still in the role :!: What will it take for Cr-egg to be vanquished once and for all? Maybe sexual misconduct charges against EON? :idea:
if the rumors are true there more than enough to merit it.
Matt Damon is not doing too well, some of it he brought on himself by being stupid but honest. His new movie is not even going to place in the top 5. It is a smaller release but A creepy theme judging from the trailer.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

What was the major complaint about The Last Jedi big O? I will wait to see it. Where is the FBF's opinion?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:What was the major complaint about The Last Jedi big O? I will wait to see it. Where is the FBF's opinion?
I thought FBF would have posted early Friday morning about the first showings
[spoil]Um, it didn’t satisfactorily answer the cliffhangers from TFA, completely useless battles, completely useless side missions, didn’t use existing characters to their best, no good light saber battles and forgot it takes two to pilot the Falcon. Johnson built it up ok but to spoil expectation or whatever he completely fizzles the story. Think CR “Do I look like I give a d**n!” To the shaken or stirred question, it’s that the kind of putting expectations on edge mentality behind Rian Johnson’s Star Wars. IMHO Last Jedi is unsatisfying in a way no other Star War movie has been to me including the prequels.[/spoil]

But I’d still say see it on the big screen, I’m going to go again with family soon. People immediately around us seemed to like it, we left unsure the more talked about the parts that didn’t makes sense the more we disliked it, but it’s not an immediate reaction as it’s happening, it’s still entertaining as a spectacle.
If it were not for the parts of the story that are (to me) a let down the workmanship on the sets, models and cgi are impressive and of course music. Carrie Fisher’s role was a lot less than I expected it to be but I don’t know there aren’t cut scenes being saved for “episode Nine : the quest for more money”

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Omega wrote:
kater23 wrote:Speaking of space..I saw the Space X rocket..we were driving to celebrate Christmas with my brother and his wife and my niece and nephews(they're on their way to Sacramento as we speak) and it was going on the whole drive over there and when we arrived at his house. 8)

They thought it was cool-as did ! 8)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:What was the major complaint about The Last Jedi big O? I will wait to see it. Where is the FBF's opinion?
I think the thing most people complained about was the same thing that those of us who liked it regard as its best feature - the way it keeps leading the audience to expect one thing and then giving us something different. I like the fact that you couldn't guess what was going to happen next, but I can see how other people might feel cheated by a build-up to a payoff that never occurs. Of course, as Omega says, it remains to be seen how well it stands up to repeat viewing, once the plot twists are no longer a surprise.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

:XmasBlink:

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, you awesome people!

May this gracious day bring happiness, joy and merriment to you all.

:Xmas: :party: :cheers: :xmas2:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:
Omega wrote:

They thought it was cool-as did ! 8)
Some people are near here in the high desert have seen explosions in the distance from booster separations I think it was turned out it was SpaceX testing rockets.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
I think the thing most people complained about was the same thing that those of us who liked it regard as its best feature - the way it keeps leading the audience to expect one thing and then giving us something different. I like the fact that you couldn't guess what was going to happen next, but I can see how other people might feel cheated by a build-up to a payoff that never occurs. Of course, as Omega says, it remains to be seen how well it stands up to repeat viewing, once the plot twists are no longer a surprise.

Agreed. although IMHO the payoff wasn’t there. Fine to challenge expectations but at least have the alternative be satisfying far as he story goes. Again if this were a non-Skywalker saga film it’d be fine to have a self contained microverse kind of turn on the traditional expectations or storytelling memes.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

John P. Drake wrote::XmasBlink:

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, you awesome people!

May this gracious day bring happiness, joy and merriment to you all.

:Xmas: :party: :cheers: :xmas2:
Merry Christmas!

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:It looks like Star Wars is heading in the wrong direction. We await the official verdict from our FBF, the greatest critic of our time, who saw it 3 times I believe.
I don't care what anybody say. Episode 8 is the best so far, and I saw it 8 times already (with 3 more to go).
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote: I don't care what anybody say. Episode 8 is the best so far, and I saw it 8 times already (with 3 more to go).
How do you decide how many times to see a film? Is there a particular significance to the number 11? ISTR you going to see Fantastic Beasts 11 times as well.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:It looks like Star Wars is heading in the wrong direction. We await the official verdict from our FBF, the greatest critic of our time, who saw it 3 times I believe.
I don't care what anybody say. Episode 8 is the best so far, and I saw it 8 times already (with 3 more to go).
FBF knows his movie onions :!: It's the best of the 8 films? Tell us why. I will see it down the road when the theatres are not so packed for I hate crowds, and traffic too.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote: I don't care what anybody say. Episode 8 is the best so far, and I saw it 8 times already (with 3 more to go).
How do you decide how many times to see a film? Is there a particular significance to the number 11? ISTR you going to see Fantastic Beasts 11 times as well.
It must be his lucky number.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
This number 11 started with the last HP film, and I choose 11 since that number is a reference to when Harry himself started Hogwarts. After that, I've been saving this number of viewings for finales of my top favorite series (TDK and The Hobbit are one of them) until today. I could see VIII up to 11 or 12 or even 19 (reference to Luke starting his Jedi journey) As for IX, I don't know much I plan on seeing, but it will be bigger than any of my previous finale viewings.
Last edited by FormerBondFan on Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
FBF knows his movie onions :!: It's the best of the 8 films? Tell us why. I will see it down the road when the theatres are not so packed for I hate crowds, and traffic too.
I'm entertained, and I kept my expectations low. That's all it matters. It's Star Wars. What do you expect?