The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

That's a coincidence that Kristatos was writing an article about the On the Buses bus!

I've not heard of Lotsa Luck. I know of course that Sanford and Son is the US version of Steptoe and Son, and All in the Family is based on Till Death Do Us Part.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Omega wrote:Surprised it didn't have Burt Reynolds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Was this man in it?

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

WB and Legendary's Kong: Skull Island, which dropped only 40% this weekend, delivered an estimated $8.8 million as its cume now stands at $147.8 million to go along with a $329.5 million international gross for a worldwide total approaching $500 million.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
I've not heard of Lotsa Luck. I know of course that Sanford and Son is the US version of Steptoe and Son, and All in the Family is based on Till Death Do Us Part.
It was fairly obscure, though it does seem to have lasted for an entire season. I had thought that it was one of those shows where only 6 or 7 episodes were made.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:WB and Legendary's Kong: Skull Island, which dropped only 40% this weekend, delivered an estimated $8.8 million as its cume now stands at $147.8 million to go along with a $329.5 million international gross for a worldwide total approaching $500 million.
they need on average $555 million to break even.
Not saying it's a bad movie just that WB shorted it by not having enough playtimes each day. Only ghost in the shell and skull island have fewer playtimes than the rest.
Beauty and the best has 4x the play times

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Apparently, the #1 movie this weekend is something called Boss Baby, which I'd never heard of until ads for it started appearing everywhere about 10 days ago. It feels like a psy-op.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] :shock: :shock: :shock:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Apparently, the #1 movie this weekend is something called Boss Baby, which I'd never heard of until ads for it started appearing everywhere about 10 days ago. It feels like a psy-op.
my brother's four year old boy is nuts about it. Saw the boss baby crap a subway yells boss baby!
Movie looks dumb as dirt but they got the kids under four for sure

derekpayne
Lieutenant

Post by derekpayne »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Daniel Craig May Return as James Bond Because Tom Hiddleston Is ‘Too Smug’: Is Tom Hiddleston too annoying to be James Bond? Barbara Broccoli apparently thinks so—which may be why blue-eyed boy Daniel Craig is back in the frame. Sources tell Page Six that Daniel Craig is mulling a return to the iconic role one last time, amid reports that franchise producer Barbara Broccoli has decided Tom Hiddleston is “too smug and not tough enough” for the role. “Barbara Broccoli doesn’t like Tom Hiddleston, he’s a bit too smug and not tough enough to play James Bond. British actor Hiddleston’s cringe-making romance with Taylor Swift sealed his fate with Bond producers, we’re told, followed by his self-righteous Golden Globes speech, pontificating about his trip to South Sudan, and how Doctors Without Borders “binge-watched” his series. More importantly for Bond-watchers, it appears that Broccoli’s decision to dedicate herself to the financially thankless task of producing Craig’s Off-Broadway version of Othello has paid off. The show, starring Craig and David Oyelowo, won critical acclaim and earned Craig props for his “serious” acting skills. As a result he is now, according to Page Six, getting closer to another big-bucks Bond role. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: It's all over folks for many years to come :!: The next new Bond will be in 2022 most likely, 5 years from now, for the 60th anniversary film after Cr-egg's final one in 2018 it now appears. FBF, you know your role now :!: Broccoli will never get it. Aidan Turner is not even on HER radar :!: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: Image
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

bjmdds wrote: The next new Bond will be in 2022 most likely, 5 years from now, for the 60th anniversary film after Cr-egg's final one in 2018 it now appears
It's obvious that Barbara Broccoli will get Craig to appear in the Bond 60th Anniversary movie in 2022.

This is beyond a joke now.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Captain, she cannot let him go :!: Broccoli wants Cr-egg to do more films than Brosnan and serve as long as Moore's tenure as well. It's ridiculous and for her to not utilize Turner now is a tragedy for the franchise. Cr-egg is DONE, and everyone knows it, except for Broccoli :!: :cuss:------------Executive Producer Callum McDougall recently said that he would ‘love’ the actor to return to the role, saying:“Without question, he is absolutely [producer] Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson’s first choice and I know they are hoping for him to come back.”
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Still nothing new other than a new rumor based on old rumors.

Funny how page six can trash Huddleston for his fling with swift and his speeches, but not Craig for all the crap he does which if far worse.

The only thing that sounds like babs is the supposed quote dissing Huddleston as too smug and not tough enough because it sounds just like here crap where she called Jackman too fey. The man played wolverine for 16 years is too fey for Bond!?
Also sounds like the same crap where brosnan was called too weak for bond, all that stuff with the eon stunt team being brought out to say brosnan perspires and Craig sweats.

That babs quote is the only thing that seems legitimate the rest feel like made up hype. If that babs quote is legit then she passed on Huddleston very early and he's not in a gym bulking up like the moderator at that place claims to know beyond a doubt if happening.

My point is this, we have to assume Craig is coming back until a new actor is named, just the way it is. The rumor crap we've seen come and go with Sony supposedly in the only to find none of it is true. All the Idris Elba rumors that never happened.
Huddleston may have never been real too.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Still nothing new other than a new rumor based on old rumors.
They lost me at "reportedly". I'm not optimistic, but shan't start tearing my hair out unti the official announcment.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

New elimination game here, if anyone wants to play.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:New elimination game here, if anyone wants to play.
I'll take a look !

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

POLL RESULTS MSN.com:
Which actor should play James Bond in the next film?
44%--Daniel Craig should return :hair:
11%--Idris Elba :down:
6%--Tom Hiddleston :down:
39%--Someone else :up:
Total responses: 163,143 votes--------- Sarah Lawrence: I never bought Daniel Craig as Bond. He's too short and, in my opinion, not a good actor. The only real James Bond was Sean Connery. I would vote to bring back Sean Connery for one final James Bond performance. I think Barbara Broccoli is about done making James Bond movies anyway, so Sean Connery would make the perfect choice for the last film.------------------- Carolann Quinn
I would not want to see Daniel Craig as Bond again. If I want an action movie, there is the Furious franchise, any Marvel movie, etc. Gone is the suave, debonair, INTELLIGENT man who thinks with his mind and not his trigger finger and smashing his enemies in bathrooms. The pendulum swung too far with Craig and took out all the spycraft.----------------- Charles Meyers · Boynton Beach, Florida
he was the worst bond and the one about a card game the worst bond movie ever----------------------
Guile Guile · Works at Street Fighter II
The ugliest bond of them all. Short and flat nosed.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:POLL RESULTS MSN.com:
Which actor should play James Bond in the next film?
44%--Daniel Craig should return :hair:
11%--Idris Elba :down:
6%--Tom Hiddleston :down:
39%--Someone else :up:
Total responses: 163,143 votes--------- Sarah Lawrence: I never bought Daniel Craig as Bond. He's too short and, in my opinion, not a good actor. The only real James Bond was Sean Connery. I would vote to bring back Sean Connery for one final James Bond performance. I think Barbara Broccoli is about done making James Bond movies anyway, so Sean Connery would make the perfect choice for the last film.------------------- Carolann Quinn
I would not want to see Daniel Craig as Bond again. If I want an action movie, there is the Furious franchise, any Marvel movie, etc. Gone is the suave, debonair, INTELLIGENT man who thinks with his mind and not his trigger finger and smashing his enemies in bathrooms. The pendulum swung too far with Craig and took out all the spycraft.----------------- Charles Meyers · Boynton Beach, Florida
he was the worst bond and the one about a card game the worst bond movie ever----------------------
Guile Guile · Works at Street Fighter II
The ugliest bond of them all. Short and flat nosed.
Kingsman is the now James Bond and the next Bond.
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

Baz Bamigboye (showbiz journalist who has a decent track record of accurately predicting what is going to happen with Bond) said on his Twitter that this story is not true and Craig genuinely hasn't decided yet. I can't remember where the thread was but there was something about EON looking at eight possible replacements for Craig if he doesn't return. The Hiddleston part seems preposterous to me. How would they know what BB thinks of Hiddleston unless they've bugged her house. She's hardly likely to openly call him 'smug' in an interview. Having said that, it wouldn't be a big surprise if Craig came back even if it didn't make any sense. Would they continue the stupid Spectre story line? If not, what's the point of a one off film with an ancient Daniel Craig? This franchise is crying out for a soft reboot with a younger actor.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

John Drake wrote:

Baz Bamigboye (showbiz journalist who has a decent track record of accurately predicting what is going to happen with Bond) said on his Twitter that this story is not true and Craig genuinely hasn't decided yet. I can't remember where the thread was but there was something about EON looking at eight possible replacements for Craig if he doesn't return. The Hiddleston part seems preposterous to me. How would they know what BB thinks of Hiddleston unless they've bugged her house. She's hardly likely to openly call him 'smug' in an interview. Having said that, it wouldn't be a big surprise if Craig came back even if it didn't make any sense. Would they continue the stupid Spectre story line? If not, what's the point of a one off film with an ancient Daniel Craig? This franchise is crying out for a soft reboot with a younger actor.
true. One thing was so many who adore Craig ignore is he and Mendes said spectre was the end of his bonds story, they think they made the Logan movie capstone of following Bond from that fresh faced young agent ( who retired from the post office after 30 years and thought I'll give spying a try) to the grizzled old veteran agent who spend more years on the MIA list than working who finally took a child bride and retired.