The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

Captain Nash wrote:
carl stromberg wrote: I think the Brosnan films are due for a reappraisal. Brosnan was popular. Now some quarters feel it is fashionable to have a dig at him. I feel he appeared in an enjoyable selection of Bond films.
What a poor misguided person you are carl.
Brosnan tried to be everything, but copied two popualr Bonds along the way.
He wasn't original, he wasn't as good as the two he copied (Connery and Moore) and his movies may have been popular, but they were B grade Bond films at best. How quickly did Die Another Day become the most loathed of all Bond films?
Easily as soon as I left the cinema I know that.
I admire Brosnan for taking the best attributes of the two best and most recognisable Bonds in Connery and Moore. I don't understand why people find this annoying. :? If you were playing Bond wouldn't you try and take the best bits of everyone who played Bond and adapt it to your style?
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Skywalker wrote:
Captain Nash wrote:
carl stromberg wrote: I think the Brosnan films are due for a reappraisal. Brosnan was popular. Now some quarters feel it is fashionable to have a dig at him. I feel he appeared in an enjoyable selection of Bond films.
He wasn't original, he wasn't as good as the two he copied (Connery and Moore) and his movies may have been popular, but they were B grade Bond films at best. How quickly did Die Another Day become the most loathed of all Bond films?
I admire Brosnan for taking the best attributes of the two best and most recognisable Bonds in Connery and Moore. I don't understand why people find this annoying. :? If you were playing Bond wouldn't you try and take the best bits of everyone who played Bond and adapt it to your style?
No I'd do what Connery, Moore, Dalton and now Craig have done and not copy someone else, and make the role my own. But as I'm not an actor I'll leave it to people like Daniel Craig.
The series is in safe hands with this actor in the role.
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

Captain Nash wrote:
Skywalker wrote:
Captain Nash wrote:
No I'd do what Connery, Moore, Dalton and now Craig have done and not copy someone else, and make the role my own.
I don't knock anyone one for stamping their own authority on the role, neither should you knock anyone adapting tried and tested formulas and converting it into one style. Everyone in life improves by copying successful traits in others. I try and live by the saying "You learn from other peoples mistakes, not your OWN". Bearing in mind the successful portrayals of Bond before Brosnan. He did what many others would have done following the poor admissions to TD's films.
Captain Nash wrote: But as I'm not an actor I'll leave it to people like Daniel Craig.
The series is in safe hands with this actor in the role.

Long-term damage may well be incurred if Bond 22 carries on from CR. The thought of a geriatric Rambo running around with the sophistication of 'the Thing' (From the Fantastic Four, before you ask) is not appealing to me.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Well I guess Eon and Sony had better drop everything because a small group of fans don't like the changes that have been made.
Good luck with that.
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

Captain Nash wrote:Well I guess Eon and Sony had better drop everything because a small group of fans don't like the changes that have been made.
Good luck with that.
No need to spit your dummy out Nash. :lol:
Double O's
New Recruit

Post by Double O's »

I liked Brosnan, but to echo previous sentiments, (Also see my comentary in the best bond films post)- I feel he was the right Bond at the wrong time.

He wasn't given anything substantial to work with. Stuck in a souped up Austin Powers style scenario-he could only do with what he had. Perhaps unfortunately, the best Brosnan years were tied up being Remington Steele.

Thus, I do like Craig, he is a very good actor, and got to play the Bond I'm sure Brosnan would've liked to many years ago. In the end, I liked Bosnan-but timing was wrong. I think Craig is excellent for the current circumstance.

paco chaos
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by paco chaos »

I prefer Brosnan over Craig. It gets tiring to hear about how Brosnan wasn't a decent actor, when he saved the franchise with his performance in Goldeneye. it's not his fault if the subsequent films became more outrageous in their style, blame the directors, writers, and definitely the producers.
every interview I read with Brosnan made it abundantly clear that he wanted to make the films darker and more realistic, yet they got more and more over the top. this was the decision of Barbara Broccoli, and Michael G. Wilson, and then when they ran it into the ground they went and made a film closer to what Brosnan wanted to make, yet didn't use Brosnan.
Brosnan has been in other films where he was d**n good, and I think it's unfair to blame him for the short comings of the last few films.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

You guys might want listen to paco chaos.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

FormerBondFan wrote:You guys might want listen to paco chaos.
Even if we do listen to him, and he is right - so what? Brozza ain't coming back, that's for sure! :wink:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

Yes but at the end of the day, Brosnan didn't have a contract to make a fifth Bond film, and the producers chose not to use him.
They can do that you know?
Okay so Pierce may get a raw deal, and yep thanks for your contribution Pierce, but he's gone, finished.
I'm over it.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Captain Nash wrote:
Dr. No wrote:Brosnan hands down. 8)
His reaction to the torture was very realistic and in keeping with James Bond.
Been tortured alot have you Doctor?
Of course you have you come on here. :wink:
I could shoot you from Stuttgart and still create ze proper effect!

You got me I'm a professor of forensic medicine. My hobbies include the art of chakra torture, not to toot my own horn but I am quite skilled at it. :)

You should meet my protege, you'd like him, he very much resembles Craig except he is taller. ;)

Kaufman: Wait, I am just a professional doing a job. Bond: Me, too.
paco chaos
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by paco chaos »

The Sweeney wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:You guys might want listen to paco chaos.
Even if we do listen to him, and he is right - so what? Brozza ain't coming back, that's for sure! :wink:
no he's not, but the producers could have made better decisions during his run. it's like blaming christopher reeve for superman 3.
adam
Lieutenant

Brosnan or Craig

Post by adam »

Brosnan had the looks, the gravitas, the physical attributes, the height and the gravitas for the part. Craig does'nt have any of these. Craig has also only made one film so it unfair to compare him to Brosnan.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Re: Brosnan or Craig

Post by Captain Nash »

adam wrote:Brosnan had the looks, the gravitas, the physical attributes, the height and the gravitas for the part. Craig does'nt have any of these. Craig has also only made one film so it unfair to compare him to Brosnan.
So you're saying he had the gravitas for the part? Is that right?