Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Bond director

Post by carl stromberg »

Who would you like to see direct a Bond film?
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

I think someone like Roger Donaldson could make a good Bond movie for some reason.
He seems to do character and action rather well. And he's a good storyteller.
Just a thought.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Steven Spielberg. He wants to do it, but EON insist that James Bond should be the biggest name attached to a Bond film.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

I'd like to see Tony Scott (Crimson Tide/Enemy of the State/Spy Game) style.
Harvey Wallbanger
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Harvey Wallbanger »

Spielberg or Tony Scott are good choices -spy game was good-
Howa bout John McTiernan
Last edited by Harvey Wallbanger on Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make them serious nudes!

I fear no evil because I walk with evil.
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

I enjoyed JJ Abrams direction in MI3, could be good for a Bond film. Another choice would be Walter Hill.
Necros
Lieutenant

Post by Necros »

Robert Rodriguez... a lot of fun!
Don't think. Just let it appen!
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Antoine Fuqua,. Shooter, King Arthur, Tears of the Sun, Training Day, The Replacement Killers
One of the best action directors around
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

John McTiernan would be good.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:John McTiernan would be good.
Too american. The Bond directors too date have had a good sense of the British idiom. For the most part at least. (Tamhori didn't have a freakin' clue.)
But McTiernan altough a good director of action is not suitable as a Bond director.
I would rather see someone like Philip Noyce, Roger Donaldson, Roger Spottiswode (at a long shot) or Martin Campbell again.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Not Ang Lee nor John Woo, that is for sure. After seeing The Hulk and MI:2, they would ruin a Bond film.
Harvey Wallbanger
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Harvey Wallbanger »

I'll say Peter Jackson cause he is from new zealand like most of the recent directors.

Spielberg wouldn't have americanized it -a good story with a half awake director will do wonders.
John McTiernan does well with showing other countries -russia Red Oct- the amazon Medicine Man- Vikings 13th Warrior. His most memorable work is unmistakably American -Die Hard &DH3
–the best complaint for his not directing JB is the Last Action Hero & Rollerball ;)
Make them serious nudes!

I fear no evil because I walk with evil.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Harvey Wallbanger wrote:I'll say Peter Jackson cause he is from new zealand like most of the recent directors.
Here is a great Idea. Jackson would have shot the DC trilogy in what a year and a half poping them out 1 a year for 3 years.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

Harvey Wallbanger wrote:I'll say Peter Jackson cause he is from new zealand like most of the recent directors.
Yes but only Campbell is a decent director.
Tamawhore-ee made what is generally regarded by any Bond fan the worst entry in the series history.
As for Jackson, he's an alright director. I find him to be highly overpraised at times and can't see him being able to direct a Bond film.
King Kong was visually good, but a terrible film overall. If he was hired to helm a Bond film I'd be very disappointed. But Eon would never, ever hire him. So no need to worry.
paco chaos
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by paco chaos »

rather than Tony Scott, I'd prefer Ridley Scott. he has directed some of my favorite films, whereas Tony has directed drivel like Top Gun.
adam
Lieutenant

Post by adam »

Speilberg or Tarentino. They would want money, a bigger budget & more control over all aspects of the film. However the end result will be a great Bond movie which will no doubt smash box office records. However we will probably get some virtual unknow directing it, again.
adam
Lieutenant

Bond Director

Post by adam »

Speilberg, Tarentino or Michael Mann. They would want more money, a bigger budget and more control over all aspects of the film. However it will be a great film & smash box office records. However we will no doubt get another unknown directing Bond 22.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: Bond Director

Post by Blowfeld »

adam wrote:Speilberg, Tarentino or Michael Mann. They would want more money, a bigger budget and more control over all aspects of the film. However it will be a great film & smash box office records. However we will no doubt get another unknown directing Bond 22.
Welcome to the forum Adam!

Interesting question. A new Director with the control that director are used to wielding could create a stronger world for 007 to exist in, as well bringing in a new audience.

The Bond production budget is right up there with the best, this is not as big an issue as the Producers yielding a small part of their control.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Captain Nash wrote:
Yes but only Campbell is a decent director.
Tamawhore-ee made what is generally regarded by any Bond fan the worst entry in the series history.
As for Jackson, he's an alright director. I find him to be highly overpraised at times and can't see him being able to direct a Bond film.
King Kong was visually good, but a terrible film overall. If he was hired to helm a Bond film I'd be very disappointed. But Eon would never, ever hire him. So no need to worry.
Forget about Jackson, IMO wouldn't be the worse choice they could make. But the idea of making more than one movie at once is about time.

It didn't used to be a very successful idea. more and more film makers are combining productions and maximizing the hype releasing the next movie in less than year. (Like Pirates 3)

Campbell is as hit and miss as any other director. And you certainly can't speak for all Bond fan, plenty liked DAD. ;)