The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:52 am
bjmdds wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:16 pm Let us send a GROUP email from this website to EON! I am sure Broccoli will consider our opinion.
I very much doubt that. And why should she? I disagree with a lot of her choices, but I'd hardly expect her to be swayed by a handful of fans on an internet forum.
It was sarcasm. That pile of celery would NEVER listen to the rational content on this marvelous website. With almost 5 MILLION views on this forum, do not understate our value in the world-wide discussion. She has the PERFECT Bond specimen available in Turner and they are not even looking for the new Bond quite yet? Will HER next film be in 2026 at this rate?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:20 pm
Kristatos wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:52 am
bjmdds wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:16 pm Let us send a GROUP email from this website to EON! I am sure Broccoli will consider our opinion.
I very much doubt that. And why should she? I disagree with a lot of her choices, but I'd hardly expect her to be swayed by a handful of fans on an internet forum.
*cough* MI6 *cough*
MP, maybe we could send YOU over to EON headquarters and let you hash it out with the boiled vegetable :?: :idea:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: It was sarcasm. That pile of celery would NEVER listen to the rational content on this marvelous website. With almost 5 MILLION views on this forum, do not understate our value in the world-wide discussion. She has the PERFECT Bond specimen available in Turner and they are not even looking for the new Bond quite yet? Will HER next film be in 2026 at this rate?
I think it'll be at least 2024 before we see another Bond film, which is why I can't take Bond casting stories seriously.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

2024 is perhaps even a tad optimistic. I mean, that would only be 3 years after Craig's swan song. She'll still be in mourning by then.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:2024 is perhaps even a tad optimistic. I mean, that would only be 3 years after Craig's swan song. She'll still be in mourning by then.
I did say "at least 2024".

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

So BOZO, I mean Bezos, spent BILLIONS on MGM and there will be no Bond film for the foreseeable future? Will 2022, the 60th anniversary of the movie franchise's release of Dr. No, be built up only for an 'announcement' of a 7th 007, after which years will go by before the next film is made? Will Bezos stand for this lunacy?
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I'm guessing Eilish will recieve an Oscar for best original song tonight.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Eye-lash was just interviewed and she was wearing a ridiculous all black dress that looked like a shredded black tree trunk that could fit 5 people under it. Who advises these losers? Broccoli will be crowing once her payoffs give her an Oscar for best so-called song. ELLE magazine just described this hideous outfit this way: 'Billie Eilish Dazzled In A Black Ruffled Gown Before Her 2022 Oscars Performance.
The singer wore a gorgeous look before taking the stage to perform No Time To Die.' ----------Even the fashion industry has gone berserk! Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristin Stewart just showed up wearing this: Image :shock: The people who run Hollywood belong on a spaceship going to the moon to colonize it as they see fit and leave the running of humanity to 'real' people.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Jessica Chastain is by far the best dressed person tonight.

Also Ricky Gervais is sorely needed here. Amy Schumer is just... not particularly funny.

That dress on Billie is awful btw.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:39 pm Eye-lash was just interviewed and she was wearing a ridiculous all black dress that looked like a shredded black tree trunk that could fit 5 people under it. Who advises these losers? Broccoli will be crowing once her payoffs give her an Oscar for best so-called song. ELLE magazine just described this hideous outfit this way: 'Billie Eilish Dazzled In A Black Ruffled Gown Before Her 2022 Oscars Performance.
The singer wore a gorgeous look before taking the stage to perform No Time To Die.' ----------Even the fashion industry has gone berserk! Image
Hideous isn’t even the word for it. :hair:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

So far the funniest moment of the night-one of the commentators on national television rolling his eyes when another film critic called NTTD a good movie.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The winners all spoke about LOVE LOVE LOVE and how we should all get along.......blah......blah.....blah........and then this happened, and it was NOT a joke!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:16 am Jessica Chastain is by far the best dressed person tonight.

Also Ricky Gervais is sorely needed here. Amy Schumer is just... not particularly funny.

Chastain's acceptance speech was a self-serving lecture to humanity and was ridiculous.
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:49 am
bjmdds wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:39 pm Eye-lash was just interviewed and she was wearing a ridiculous all black dress that looked like a shredded black tree trunk that could fit 5 people under it. Who advises these losers? Broccoli will be crowing once her payoffs give her an Oscar for best so-called song. ELLE magazine just described this hideous outfit this way: 'Billie Eilish Dazzled In A Black Ruffled Gown Before Her 2022 Oscars Performance.
Hideous isn’t even the word for it. :hair:
MP, ELLE magazine should be shuttered!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:16 am Jessica Chastain is by far the best dressed person tonight.

Amy Schumer is a pompous loser who happens to be Senator Chuck Schumer's cousin. Her bloodline reeks with being unentertaining. They wanted NO men to host. They had 3 poor performers, all women, one of which I had no idea of who she was, and the result was not good.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli's dough got her a song Oscar and they even did a 60th anniversary Bond tribute for her as well. Money talks......and you you know what walks.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

I'm sorry that The Hand of God didn't get the award for best foreign film...
Will Smith :picard: the joke was in poor taste but really? So much for him being gracious and likeable.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:The winners all spoke about LOVE LOVE LOVE and how we should all get along.......blah......blah.....blah........and then this happened, and it was NOT a joke!:
It's more obvious in this longer version:

At first, I thought it was staged, but when Will Smith starts yelling, you can see that Chris Rock is visibly rattled, and he flubs his lines in the following speech.

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The most bizarre thing about it is he had laughed at first but then changed the tune when he saw his wife was unhappy with the joke.