The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

kater23 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:16 pm During a taxi ride in Rome our cab driver pointed out several Bond-related sites.
I imagine there weren't many from Craig films?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

One and I can’t remember specifics.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

For those who have hated reality television for years, Prime Video is about to make you eat your words. Variety reported that the streaming service has picked up a competition-based series that will use the world surrounding Agent 007 as its basis. :shock: 007’s Road to a Million will see a crew of hopefuls race against each other to win a $1.3 million cash prize. Paired off into groups of twos, not only will the contestants face off against one another for the giant sum of money, but they will also see the world as the show plans to drop them in unique James Bond call-back locations to carry out their challenges. The heats will be a combination of both physicality and mental prowess as the teams battle it out to make it to the next obstacle. A million-dollar idea all in itself, it was reported that the series has been in the works for the last four years, but only recently received the go-ahead. James Bond gatekeepers, Barbara Broccoli, and Michael G. Wilson will produce alongside Britain’s 72 Films (The Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty) and MGM Television.
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Deadline.com comments on the above reality show news: Anonymous
on March 25, 2022 10:10 am
It’s amazing no one has ever thought of a race format of two-person teams competing with each other answering questions and completing tasks in a race around the world.

Bond is really dead now.

Anonymous
on March 25, 2022 8:47 am
And this garbage doesn’t hurt the James Bond brand? Wow…

Amazon
on March 25, 2022 8:43 am
Yikes. In just a matter of days, Bond’s already been tarnished… how disappointing.
Anonymous
on March 25, 2022 8:23 am
I never thought that James Bond could become lame, but here we are. Just really embarrassing and disappointing.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Gonna take a hard PASS on that on.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:59 pm For those who have hated reality television for years, Prime Video is about to make you eat your words. Variety reported that the streaming service has picked up a competition-based series that will use the world surrounding Agent 007 as its basis. :shock: 007’s Road to a Million will see a crew of hopefuls race against each other to win a $1.3 million cash prize. Paired off into groups of twos, not only will the contestants face off against one another for the giant sum of money, but they will also see the world as the show plans to drop them in unique James Bond call-back locations to carry out their challenges. The heats will be a combination of both physicality and mental prowess as the teams battle it out to make it to the next obstacle. A million-dollar idea all in itself, it was reported that the series has been in the works for the last four years, but only recently received the go-ahead. James Bond gatekeepers, Barbara Broccoli, and Michael G. Wilson will produce alongside Britain’s 72 Films (The Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty) and MGM Television.
Wow, The Amazing Race but with a thin Bond veneer!
I wonder if bonus points will be awarded for appearing bored, po-faced and angry for no reason?
The Amazon "content" ravaging begins!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

And to think we were worried about spin-off series featuring minor characters diluting the brand.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Aidan Turner Has Leapfrogged Over Tom Hardy!

Per the latest update from US-Bookies, Hardy has slipped into a fourth place tie alongside fellow perennial hopeful Michael Fassbender. Falling from a 4/1 showing into a 9/1 stalemate with the former Magneto, one has to wonder who could possibly defeat a man with the power of a symbiote? Apparently, the answer is a dwarf, as The Hobbit/Poldark star Aidan Turner has just shot into third place. Here’s where the current James Bond standings are holding:

Regé-Jean Page - 11/4
Henry Cavill - 4/1
Aidan Turner - 6/1
Tom Hardy/Michael Fassbender - 9/1
Idris Elba - 10/1
James Norton - 12/1
Cillian Murphy - 18/1
Jamie Dornan/Tom Hopper - 25/1
For reference, the previous data on who bettors favored to take over the tuxedo in a post-No Time To Die world had Turner at 20/1 odds.........as far as I am concerned he is the BEST choice and Broccoli should have the sense to realize that he checks off EVERY box to play James Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I agree that Turner is the best choice, but I don't think bookies' odds mean very much.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A spokesman for the bookies said of the 38-year-old: “We've responded to serious interest in Aidan Turner getting the James Bond gig in recent days, and having been a 20/1 rank outsider at the start of the week, he's now firmly among the frontrunners in the betting to replace Daniel Craig.” Ladbrokes' Alex Apati said of the hunky star: "As expected, interest is Aidan Turner is far from slowing down as the Poldark star continues to close the gap on long-time frontrunner, Regé-Jean Page. We wouldn't be surprised to see the pair neck-and-neck at the head of the betting by the end of this month." At the moment, Broccoli is playing it coy about the next Bond plans, but said that 'after the Oscars' (which is tomorrow) she wants to meet with her team and nail down how they want to 'reboot' the franchise. Only after that has been laid out will she go and search for the right star to lead that 'reinvention' of the franchise. (again, like in Ground Hog Day?) Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:51 pm I agree that Turner is the best choice, but I don't think bookies' odds mean very much.

My thoughts exactly. Nobody get excited here, this is Babz we're talking about, the woman who gave us Craig in the first place! She'll want to "subvert expectations" yet again and give us her "Bond" while also scoring points with her Hollywood "friends" who were it not for Bond wouldn't give her the time of day. The irony is it truly would be a subversion of expectation if she did pick a classically Bond looking actor!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:51 pm I agree that Turner is the best choice, but I don't think bookies' odds mean very much.

My thoughts exactly. Nobody get excited here, this is Babz we're talking about, the woman who gave us Craig in the first place! She'll want to "subvert expectations" yet again and give us her "Bond" while also scoring points with her Hollywood "friends" who were it not for Bond wouldn't give her the time of day. The irony is it truly would be a subversion of expectation if she did pick a classically Bond looking actor!
It's not just Babbzy, though. Bookies don't have any particular insight or input into the casting process. It's not like a sporting event, where they can look at a team or player or horse's past performance and use it to calculate odds. It's pure guesswork.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:54 pm
dirtybenny wrote:

It's not just Babbzy, though. Bookies don't have any particular insight or input into the casting process. It's not like a sporting event, where they can look at a team or player or horse's past performance and use it to calculate odds. It's pure guesswork.

I'm with you 100% Kris, the "bookies" got nothing to do with it. I'm just saying to everyone not to get too excited about Turner or any other "classic" prospect, it ain't happening.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Even though I'd prefer Cavill or Ellis I would be happy with Turner as well-or Hiddleston for that matter.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Let us send a GROUP email from this website to EON! I am sure Broccoli will consider our opinion.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:16 pm Let us send a GROUP email from this website to EON! I am sure Broccoli will consider our opinion.
I very much doubt that. And why should she? I disagree with a lot of her choices, but I'd hardly expect her to be swayed by a handful of fans on an internet forum.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:52 am
bjmdds wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:16 pm Let us send a GROUP email from this website to EON! I am sure Broccoli will consider our opinion.
I very much doubt that. And why should she? I disagree with a lot of her choices, but I'd hardly expect her to be swayed by a handful of fans on an internet forum.
*cough* MI6 *cough*
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote: *cough* MI6 *cough*
Do you think MI6 has any sway? I doubt any big movie franchise is that influenced by fan forums. Anyway, there are a lot more of them than there are of us.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:53 pm
kater23 wrote: *cough* MI6 *cough*
Do you think MI6 has any sway? I doubt any big movie franchise is that influenced by fan forums. Anyway, there are a lot more of them than there are of us.

I'd say it's the other way around. MI6 is the mouthpiece of EON which is why decent is not allowed. Every decision and statement to come out of the studio is treated as religious doctrine and any heretic is to be burned.