The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:37 pm They consider the MI6 website the Bond "news" website? I guess Broccoli does have some input there, since it was redesigned years ago.
Obviously, remember the "open letter" MI6 published, pleading EON to postpone NTTD's premiere (the first time) a scant 2 days before they did?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli should partake of this website a little bit in an attempt to bring her back to some semblance of reality. The MI6 website is respected by the internet film critics and we are the pariahs to all things Bond to them, In the end, we are still standing! To Broccoli, we dedicate this song to you:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg interview previously: He looked at moments of Ian Fleming books, like in Moonraker when Bond put some speed in a glass of champagne. That did not make it into the Roger Moore adaptation.

“I think it’s more interesting. I know we can’t have him having amphetamine and speed and doing all these things. But inside, I know I’m doing that. And I wanted to inform the part and say that’s what he is. He’s kind of a f*ckup. Because this job would f*ck you up.”
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I remember all of the gnashing of teeth when Nu!MI6 was unveiled. That lasted a while but it’s been years already and apparently most people don’t mind the mediocrity and the Babs-toadying.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:27 pm Cr-egg interview previously: He looked at moments of Ian Fleming books, like in Moonraker when Bond put some speed in a glass of champagne. That did not make it into the Roger Moore adaptation.

“I think it’s more interesting. I know we can’t have him having amphetamine and speed and doing all these things. But inside, I know I’m doing that. And I wanted to inform the part and say that’s what he is. He’s kind of a f*ckup. Because this job would f*ck you up.”
Dunno if you saw this BJ, but I covered it here:

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... /dream-on/
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Regarding the ScarJo thing, it's easy to say "she's already richer than Croesus, why does she need another $35 million?" But a lot of people are making the point on social media that if Disney think they can casually toss aside a contractual agreement with an A-list movie star on a whim, imagine how they'll treat people lower down the food chain, who don't have nearly as much leverage.
She and many others who have sued their studios have a point. scarjo is just the highest profile and feeds the anti Disney sentiment deep in Hollywood psyche. Disney had done a lot of nasty things, outright suppression of the press and manipulating the local governments to make more money off the theme parks. A few years ago it blew up and for a few short weeks the story nobody was supposed to know about Disney California business practices, and their strong-arm tactics against studios, theater owners and reviewer‘s/critics was public knowledge.

Stepping back for that ledge of anti Disney cultism, WB has already had these growing pains, directors and stars suing over breach of contract. When agents made these deals pre covid it was safe to demand for a performance bonus based on BO. But with direct to digital same day release the studios are very clever at hiding those profits. Bo numbers where propaganda anyway they touts number one with bo take but never disclose ticket sales. Other countries require ticket numbers be released, for some reason the most litigious country on earth can’t seem to connect the advertising gimmick BO is to false advertising by not releasing actual sales numbers…or the fact studios by empty seats on opening weekends to boost numbers.

All of this said Black widow has a point Disney took $60 million or more and hide it away from their contractually obligated bookkeeping and wish her bonus another stars bonuses are tied. Disney saw this coming miles away but let it happen because they like set the precedent in their favor and if they lose no one‘s really established how bad it could be yet meaning nobody’s yet forced studios to reveal true profits from all sources yet.
Best time for studios to test the waters on how strong old contracts are is right now before the help; directors, writers, producers and actors get the right to see all Financial details. Just as Disney did the studios will muddy the water claiming the stars are greedy and willing to hurt the industry the less affluent peers are working at keeping movies from being made and not caring about the public safety.

I think Disney may settle if their gets too hot. Right now they are in Everything Or Nothing mind set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:37 pm The "L" they refer to with Cr-egg's legacy is for LOSER as a Bond actor, not so much a Losing economic measure. They consider the MI6 website the Bond "news" website? I guess Broccoli does have some input there, since it was redesigned years ago.
And let's not forget that QOS only just scraped into the black, way before the pandemic. SPECTRE was way down on Skyfall's total too, as I recall.
I remember at one point when leaving theaters the guy we knew crunching the real take said QOS and skyfall were in the red before home video and tv rights were sold. I don’t know I could prove it one way or the other but it does show the weakness Craig’s era has, they spend half a billion after tax breaks, advertising placements and kickback, then expect to make. It’s hard to do in a real market place.
And that was in a movie marketplace that was at full throttle, today’s world I’m not sure what full throttle for Hollywood is now. Is this the new normal or is the the rebound still out there?

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Interesting jungle boat made $30 million on Disney plus. going to be interesting to see the fallout

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Bond humour account The Bubbles Tickle My Tchaikovsky just published a spoof NTTD soundtrack album track listing on Twitter:Image

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Martin Campbell was asked if he would direct the next Bond film to which he replied with his one condition: “Yes, I would. I love the franchise, and it would be with a new Bond, which is always interesting, especially given my two Bond movies had different Bonds.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Martin Campbell was asked if he would direct the next Bond film to which he replied with his one condition: “Yes, I would. I love the franchise, and it would be with a new Bond, which is always interesting, especially given my two Bond movies had different Bonds.”
Great. I know we're supposed to like Goldeneye, but for me, that "sexist, misogynist dinosaur" speech is where the rot first set in.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Campbell recently took part in a Reddit Ask Me Anything while promoting his new movie The Protégé. One fan asked: “Your opinion on Quantum of Solace? And the change of direction in Skyfall & Spectre?” To which the director replied: “Disappointed in Quantum of Solace. I really liked Skyfall, but I thought Spectre was disappointing as well.”------after disparaging 2 of Cr-egg's films, Broccoli would never rehire him again, or would she?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Campbell recently took part in a Reddit Ask Me Anything while promoting his new movie The Protégé. One fan asked: “Your opinion on Quantum of Solace? And the change of direction in Skyfall & Spectre?” To which the director replied: “Disappointed in Quantum of Solace. I really liked Skyfall, but I thought Spectre was disappointing as well.”------after disparaging 2 of Cr-egg's films, Broccoli would never rehire him again, or would she?
I think he's parroting the official line, though of course EON are obliged to pretend publicly that all their films are great.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:The Bond humour account The Bubbles Tickle My Tchaikovsky just published a spoof NTTD soundtrack album track listing on Twitter:Image

That’s pretty good

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:57 pm Campbell recently took part in a Reddit Ask Me Anything while promoting his new movie The Protégé. One fan asked: “Your opinion on Quantum of Solace? And the change of direction in Skyfall & Spectre?” To which the director replied: “Disappointed in Quantum of Solace. I really liked Skyfall, but I thought Spectre was disappointing as well.”------after disparaging 2 of Cr-egg's films, Broccoli would never rehire him again, or would she?
As Kris says, Campbell is just spouting the "universal truth" that CR is a masterpiece (something I'm sure he's quick to agree with), QOS is s**t, SF is great and SP is more s**t, which is odd to me as SF and SP are pretty much the same film, only SF didn't try to make the villain Bond's long lost brother.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:57 pm Campbell recently took part in a Reddit Ask Me Anything while promoting his new movie The Protégé. One fan asked: “Your opinion on Quantum of Solace? And the change of direction in Skyfall & Spectre?” To which the director replied: “Disappointed in Quantum of Solace. I really liked Skyfall, but I thought Spectre was disappointing as well.”------after disparaging 2 of Cr-egg's films, Broccoli would never rehire him again, or would she?
As Kris says, Campbell is just spouting the "universal truth" that CR is a masterpiece (something I'm sure he's quick to agree with), QOS is s**t, SF is great and SP is more s**t, which is odd to me as SF and SP are pretty much the same film, only SF didn't try to make the villain Bond's long lost brother.
These former cast and crew pretty much follow the party line, I don’t know how much is actual their opinion or if they are team players.

Campbell has a interesting history with eon.

When filming GE Campbell would scream at brosnan don’t f**k this up. Or Something like this, everyone on set knew if GE was not a hit Bond was done. Even TND there was fear they couldnt repeat the popularity of GE.

On CR Campbell left a lot of the work with Craig to second units. At least this was the rumor back then.
Campbell also had his choice for bond shot down, Superman? Or was it another young up and coming actor?
Anyway when campbell signed on brosnan was still attached to bond 21 without a contract and then reboot hit and the director working with a script aimed at brosnans bond thought he’d get the chance to make a young bond that fit in with the series. Instead he had Babs overrule him at every turn to see later directors treated like god.

In a way I’m kind of glad Babs is s**t as a producer, sure she held on to Craig decades past his prime, partly to thumb her nose at us and those who disagreed with her choices. But because she sucks at making movies we only are tortured with a total of 5 Craig movies where he fathers would have made 7 or 8 movies in the same time

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Daniel Craig had another interview where he said he would not give any of his giant fortune to his children as finds inheritance "distasteful". I don't understand this concept. Will his children have to work in Walmart?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment ... p#comments

The comments on the MSN site were funny:

How on earth did this actor earn millions?

As distasteful as someone being paid millions to play around pretending to be a secret agent?
Another luvvie who believes his own publicity.

How can a wooden actor earn that amount? Can't stand this guy. He'll probably need the money because he won't be chosen to appear in anything else. I refuse point blank to watch any Bond film he's been in.

:lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Was it another interview, or just recycling the same one?

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:29 pm Was it another interview, or just recycling the same one?

Looks like another junk, Frankenstein's monster of an article made up of various bits of "news." It's dated as 9 hours old as of my writing and it contains Campbell's statements on the condition of the franchise, but also comments from Rachel Wiesz dating back a year, so it's hard to determine if these are new statements from "the Daniel."

Evidence this is garbage tier media; "...former Bond stars Judi Dench and Christoph Wao..." Who's Christoph Wao? This guy edits worse than me, and I'm borderline illiterate!

Dan says he wants to play roles that allow him to show his emotions, well who's stopping you now?!

The biggest shocker of all; "Wealthy Genius reported that the James Bond star has an estimated net worth of $170 million as of January 2021."

I guess auntie Barbara pays very well, cuz he ain't making that much off his other roles!
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Good news for those of you looking for more kitsch to put in your fanatic murder basement:

https://www.factoryent.com/James-Bond-N ... 408587.htm