The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] It's all Potter-world, minus the 3 wizard kids. This film will stand on it's own merit. :up:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Napoleon Solo wrote:For your consideration:

State of the James Bond film fanchise, summer 2018

http://bit.ly/2OVvSDJ

An educated guess about Bond 25: The volatile mix

http://bit.ly/2PB8IDX
Nice breakdown. I haven't shaken the feeling things are very different for the Bond series after Spectre. The build up to Bond 25 never felt right. Some of it has to be my own desire for the series to return to normal, the rest of it is the strange happenings surrounding the preproduction.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ultraviolet, a national women’s group with one million members focused on fighting for women’s rights, sent a letter to the CBS Board of Directors demanding they fire Moonves and not give a multimillion dollar severance package. The letter was sent to the board on Aug. 23 by Shaunna Thomas, who is the co-founder and executive director of UltraViolet, on behalf of the group’s members. “We are in an age of a #MeToo culture in the workplace—of accountability for sexual perpetrators and abusers,” Thomas said in a press release. “Rewarding Moonves’ decades of sexual harassment and abuse with a two hundred million dollar severance package is shameful, obscene and unacceptable"........I wonder how Julie Chen feels these days being married to him? After all, he married Julie shortly after his divorce so we can see how that came about.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

More fake news!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7 ... 25th-film/
Danny Boyle quit James Bond franchise after he ‘REFUSED to kill off Daniel Craig’s 007 in spectacular finale to 25th film’
JAMES Bond director Danny Boyle quit the franchise in a row over killing off the spy.
Daniel Craig, who is said to be filming his final 007 movie, and producer Barbara Broccoli are believed to have wanted to Bond to die in a “spectacular finale”, according to sources
Bring back Bond!
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I can see that being true. Going full Logan, but unlike bond wolverine actually has source material for it. Bond was mia in YOLT, but they used the mia story a lot with Craig.
I thought when Craig came back he’d like to end the series with Bonds death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Personally, I never understood this "Bond dies in YOLT" claim when the character merely suffers from heavy headache, leading to his amnesia, at which point he goes missing in action while with Kissy Suzuki. Bond doesn't "die" in the Fleming books, unless one wants to count FRWL, which was contradicted with the following book.

With this B25 idea in which Craig wants to "go out on a high", they want to fully kill off his character. No ambiguous death or whatever. It's nothing like the source material. Why bother even?
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

John P. Drake wrote:Bond doesn't "die" in the Fleming books, unless one wants to count FRWL, which was contradicted with the following book.
Sheesh, thanks for the spoiler! :shock: That's one of the few Fleming stories I'm yet to read. I've been saving one or two because I don't want to run out.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

John P. Drake wrote:With this B25 idea in which Craig wants to "go out on a high", they want to fully kill off his character. No ambiguous death or whatever. It's nothing like the source material. Why bother even?
Because that's just the sort of cynical, superficial shock tactic Hollywood like to use now. They no longer care if it destroys the continuity of a franchise. Just reboot in a few years. People will still show up to watch. Or will they :?:
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

acid wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:Bond doesn't "die" in the Fleming books, unless one wants to count FRWL, which was contradicted with the following book.
Sheesh, thanks for the spoiler! :shock: That's one of the few Fleming stories I'm yet to read. I've been saving one or two because I don't want to run out.
Sorry, old chap. I'll try to be careful next time. ;)
acid wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:With this B25 idea in which Craig wants to "go out on a high", they want to fully kill off his character. No ambiguous death or whatever. It's nothing like the source material. Why bother even?
Because that's just the sort of cynical, superficial shock tactic Hollywood like to use now. They no longer care if it destroys the continuity of a franchise. Just reboot in a few years. People will still show up to watch. Or will they :?:
Exactly. It's awfully stupid I can't even the odds against it.
acid
Commander

Post by acid »

John P. Drake wrote: Sorry, old chap. I'll try to be careful next time. ;)
Apology accepted :cheers: In all honesty, it's amazing I went this long without hearing about it anywhere else, but then people don't really talk about the books very much, compared to the movies.
Last edited by acid on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

EON's new negotiator: [video][/video]
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

acid wrote:
John P. Drake wrote: Sorry, old chap. I'll try to be careful next time. ;)
Apology accepted :cheers: In all honesty, it's amazing I went this long without hearing about it anywhere else, but then people don't really talk about the books very much, compared to the movies.
It's one of my favorite endings due to the shocker fact, really. But, I won't spoil it furthermore.

Thing is, I would've hated it had it not been chronologically contradicted with the following book the way The Empty House contradicts the death of Holmes in The Final Problem.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

carl stromberg wrote:More fake news!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7 ... 25th-film/
Danny Boyle quit James Bond franchise after he ‘REFUSED to kill off Daniel Craig’s 007 in spectacular finale to 25th film’
JAMES Bond director Danny Boyle quit the franchise in a row over killing off the spy.
Daniel Craig, who is said to be filming his final 007 movie, and producer Barbara Broccoli are believed to have wanted to Bond to die in a “spectacular finale”, according to sources

Makes absolutely no sense, Boyle insisted if he were to participate he and John Hodge write the script! I suppose Babz and his holiness Bishop of Craig could have changed their minds on story, but they would have to know that would at least ruffle Boyle's feathers since story control was his main condition!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I am kind of thinking Craig and Boyle had a falling out. I doubt it was Boyle wouldn’t agree to something unbondish or demanded it and Babs put her foot down. My gut feeling is whatever Boyle wanted to do was not grand enough for Craig. Craig is actually a pretty bday piece of work behind the scenes just from the few stories that leak out about him

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Obviously there was some sort of falling out between them, the question is what it was. If it was a matter of Boyle not liking the way EON does business in such a slip shot manner, then shame on him. Because everybody knows how they do business, I mean if forum jockeys such as us know it, then all of Hollywood should! On the other hand if Babz and co. were monkeying with Boyle's vision then shame on them for messing with a guy who said going in he was only filming his story.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Sex-Abuse Scandal Has Come for Pope Francis :!: A letter calling for his resignation shows how serious his crisis of credibility has become :!: :shock: ........Ron Howard's next movie plot for his trilogy?
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote:The Sex-Abuse Scandal Has Come for Pope Francis :!: A letter calling for his resignation shows how serious his crisis of credibility has become :!: :shock: ........Ron Howard's next movie plot for his trilogy?
He tries,but gets a "must try harder" from me. :x
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:
bjmdds wrote:The Sex-Abuse Scandal Has Come for Pope Francis :!: A letter calling for his resignation shows how serious his crisis of credibility has become :!: :shock: ........Ron Howard's next movie plot for his trilogy?
He tries,but gets a "must try harder" from me. :x
he was the guy who was cleaning up the corrupt priests willing to be open and supposed to honest about what happened. Why did he allow for any kind of a cover up to continue?
To me it’s the same as corrupt policing institutions we have who after the fact cry about persecution but are still covering up misdeeds by bad cops to protect their image.

I’d like to think he was not fully informed but it looks very bad that the guy with something to say about politics and world affairs in literally every country didn’t try to clean his own house first.
I get that full disclosure might open the church up to legal and Financial liability which could ruin them but what was being done to cover up with what we know happened already just looks worse than possibly causing crisis or faith for believers in a world where religion is under attack from popular culture and worldly entities.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I don't know all the facts of the case, but I wonder if it isn't a bit like the cop in gangster movies who's close to arresting the capo di tutti capi and suddenly finds himself framed for a serious crime. I wonder the same thing with Asia Argento. A woman speaks out about Harvey Weinstein and then is accused of sex crimes herself? It seems awfully...convenient.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This Pope is toast :!: I am listening to talk radio here and the majority of callers want this Pope gone :!: This will rock the Vatican to its core :!: Once again, "those who live in glass houses".................toast :!:----------------------FBI agent tells lawmakers bureau leaked stories to get secret snoop warrants :!: :!: :!: Our FBI is just as corrupt and Sessions must go too :!: :!: :!: It's time to clean house at the Vatican and the FBI to restore sanity and credibility for both entities :!: