The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Playing COD day zero. Not sure about it, feels like titianfall
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Not sure I like the new cod but it will probably end up rebadged a bond game
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

NM officially ended it's USA run last Thursday. It opens in the UK in 3 days. Who will see it there? Are there any commercials on UK tv advertising it?........"The rumor that WWE champion Dave Bautista is playing a major henchman in the film has proven true by our friends at Movie TV Tech Geeks, but Mark Strong has shot down all talk about him playing a Bond villain. Everyone began speculating when a picture turned up with Strong and Daniel Craig in Morocco. Craig was scouting locations there, while friend Strong was just hanging out and nothing more."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:NM officially ended it's USA run last Thursday. It opens in the UK in 3 days. Who will see it there? Are there any commercials on UK tv advertising it?........"The rumor that WWE champion Dave Bautista is playing a major henchman in the film has proven true by our friends at Movie TV Tech Geeks, but Mark Strong has shot down all talk about him playing a Bond villain. Everyone began speculating when a picture turned up with Strong and Daniel Craig in Morocco. Craig was scouting locations there, while friend Strong was just hanging out and nothing more."
I've seen zero advertising for it outside social media (where I've actively sought it out by following it on Facebook and Twitter). I don't know how much awareness there is here, but I suspect the answer is not very much. I'd love to say that I'll be doing my bit by going to see it on opening night, but I'm not sure if I can justify a trip to the movies financially at the moment.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I know there's a few members here, pushing for Cavill to be cast as Bond. What do you think of this:

http://deadline.com/2014/11/superman-he ... 201272694/

I've read the books, and they are quite action orientated (not unlike the Benson era Bond books). That article sounds like 'Stratton' might be based on the first book in the series, The Hostage.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:I know there's a few members here, pushing for Cavill to be cast as Bond. What do you think of this:

http://deadline.com/2014/11/superman-he ... 201272694/

I've read the books, and they are quite action orientated (not unlike the Benson era Bond books). That article sounds like 'Stratton' might be based on the first book in the series, The Hostage.
That does sound like it could be good.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:NM officially ended it's USA run last Thursday. It opens in the UK in 3 days. Who will see it there? Are there any commercials on UK tv advertising it?........"The rumor that WWE champion Dave Bautista is playing a major henchman in the film has proven true by our friends at Movie TV Tech Geeks, but Mark Strong has shot down all talk about him playing a Bond villain. Everyone began speculating when a picture turned up with Strong and Daniel Craig in Morocco. Craig was scouting locations there, while friend Strong was just hanging out and nothing more."
I've seen zero advertising for it outside social media (where I've actively sought it out by following it on Facebook and Twitter). I don't know how much awareness there is here, but I suspect the answer is not very much. I'd love to say that I'll be doing my bit by going to see it on opening night, but I'm not sure if I can justify a trip to the movies financially at the moment.
at this point dvd sales may be more important. If they aren't advertising it not much there to drive people in
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Elsewhere in the world of James Bond, the New York Post is reporting that the person singing the next James Bond song has been chosen. And that would appear to be British singer Sam Smith. His representative, when asked about reports that he was negotiating with the Bond team over the song, told the Post that "that is not confirmed." [video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The force awakens ?? Better than TPM & ATOTC for sure. I'm not sure maybe it will grow on me.
Problem Eliminator
Lieutenant

Post by Problem Eliminator »

Funny, because I just saw rumors adele is writing the new theme. Although she could be writing it and that guy singing.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I really like The Force Awakens. it's a "Sh!t is about to get real"-sounding title,IMO :fight:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I just got my local paper with this week's cinema listings in. November Man appears to only be showing on one screen in Bristol. It looks like a fairly limited release, as if the distributor realised it was up against a new Christopher Nolan film and simply gave up.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I just got my local paper with this week's cinema listings in. November Man appears to only be showing on one screen in Bristol. It looks like a fairly limited release, as if the distributor realised it was up against a new Christopher Nolan film and simply gave up.
I was wondering if Interstellar was in the uk today. Even an official Bond movie would struggle.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Strange that Disney is distributing NM in the UK.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Some of you Brosnan fans might want to have a look at these:

Mark Kermode reviews The November Man...

Mark Kermode: It's All About Brosnan...
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:I really like The Force Awakens. it's a "Sh!t is about to get real"-sounding title,IMO :fight:
maybe. There are a number of Star Wars related game and books i suppose with Force in the title. First impression is meh. Force unleashed, or forces of corruption sound cooler.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Some of you Brosnan fans might want to have a look at these:

Mark Kermode reviews The November Man...

Mark Kermode: It's All About Brosnan...
you know I think I agree with him on the movie. It is a spy movie and because it is one and because it's done well, by the numbers maybe, it's dissed. I think people forget how hard it is to pull off. I don't think the last bonds were great spy movies I'll even include dad in that group.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

There's no advertising at all for november man over here...and I didn't even know it was out, but since it's limited I guess that means I'll have to wait for the dvd release instead :( (what is it with this d**n world forsaking Brosnan, yet utter crap like shitefall gets a world wide release and it nothing but a polished turd).

Reg star wars, I'll get a lot of hate but I've grown out of it, it was great growing up and once in a while but I'm just not feeling it anymore, the prequels also killed My interest, more of a marvel diehard fan today (exception being iron man 3 (thanks for making the mandarin a joke.. (im2 was much better than that crock of beep) & guardians of the galaxy may be My favourite film so far this year (even topping avengers slightly), also agents of shield has really become phenomenal, I always knew it would gradually improve :).

As for Caville, I didn't like him as superman (man of steel was a trainwreck and a joke to the old superman), no offense to anyone who's a fan of Caville but I'm afraid I'm not, he may've looked like superman but he lacked the presense Reed had (not his fault more likely snyder and nolans fault for trying to make him dark and conflicted (thanks for that..., saw 5 mins of man of steel and I switched it off).

Finally despite a few bumps doctor who has finally become great and doctor who again (THANK YOU PETER CAPALDI :D), no more companions wanting to snog the docs face off, or flirty crap, Smith's doc really put Me off doc who along with Tennants when rose was around, doc who is about adventure, it's not about waah he's all alone waah, the 96 film's to blame for atleast a decade of who not being as great is it could be ( I still wish clara and danny pink love story wasn't there, it was put there for the sake of clara can't lust over the doc anymore lets give her some love interest just because.. (facepalm), I also felt embarrised with the fans talking about doc whos best moments (most of them being female fans who loved the tennant smith like docs and wanted to snog his face off (no male fans went on and said what female companion they'd like to snog (it was an embarrisment, no mentions of this doc was cool because he did this, met that or stopped that, I switched it off with that and that's the sad state doc who really was until Capaldi put his foot down and told Moffat and co I don't want that with My doc (speaking of which Moffat needs to retire).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I like the new Doctor too :)

One aspect of the new series that bothered me was the boyfriend Doctor for his young companions. For the TV Movie some of the die hard fans complained about Paul McGann's Doctor kissing a woman! The same group cheered the series revival which eludes to a whole lot more than kissing.

I know some do not like the TV movie for other reasons, however I think Paul McGann was brilliantly cast. Althou I wonder how he got so far in Bond casting and with landing the role of Richard Sharpe. I fail to imagine him in either role.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer