The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Looks like it is corrected
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:Box Office Mojo is working again. That being said, I just went to NM's page there, and the foreign numbers are in.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=novemberman.htm

As for the UK, we won't be seeing the figure from there until NM releases there on November 7 according to IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402157/rel ... =tt_ov_inf+
cool. Did you notice their math is off the worldwide totals are lower than the U.S. total
Box Office Mojo doesn't all the foreign releases in the list.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Does anyone think Daniel got a cameo in the new Star Wars?
Personally I wouldn't be offended if he does. Althou he would be good as a villain some sort of cyborg monstrosity with red eyes ;)
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

If he does, he should play Yoda's wife in drag. :yay:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Patrick Duffy – I don’t think anyone had a premonition of a death knell of sorts because the network were behind our show, TNT were taken with our show through the filming. Unfortunately when we began our hiatus our main enthusiastic supporter, whom we all loved, Michael Wright left TNT and the combination of him leaving and Steve Koonin leaving, they were our two biggest supporters. I do think things happen for a reason and perhaps now there is a better place. We certainly did not have the best time slot ever on TNT. It was not a ratings driven decision, I don’t think, because we were making a great deal of money for TNT in the demographics that we were scoring heaviest in. I believe they wanted a different concept for TNT, even though I think we are a brilliantly constructed new show, we have a certain mythology and history which says we’re thirty five years old. I think they just wanted a more youthful approach to the entire network so that’s why they did it. I’m only guessing, I have nobody on the inside feeding me information, but I think it’s happening for the best reasons and something great is going to come of it. I don’t know if you spoke to Linda after she went to a function but she met the President of CBS, Les Moonves, and his first response to her was “You have no idea how many emails I’m getting asking me to pick up Dallas for CBS”. So all of those things count, they count greatly. I and I know Linda and the other cast members and producers, everybody involved in the show, are grateful.............Linda Gray: You always have the magic wish list of things you’d like to have happen. I feel much like Patrick—Sue Ellen isn’t done. It’s just kind of like we were getting started. It felt like that to me. We were on a new run here, we weren’t finished. Sue Ellen isn’t finished yet. Josh Henderson hit his stride in this last season. A lot of people just kind of got in the groove and we all meshed together as characters. I feel that we’re not through. The wish list is that yes, we get to go back for a couple of years—no numbers, but to have a bit more completion. I don’t know why, I’m just talking from intuition here, but it doesn’t feel complete and I think when there’s such enthusiasm with the cast and we get along so well, there’s a sadness. School’s over, but we’re not finished yet. Anyway, that’s how I feel. The wish list is that we will be renewed and maybe go to another network.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I was surprised it was a tnt show. I thought the network that had the original Dallas would be making the new show
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It looks like bo mojos data stopped when when they crashed/went off line
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:I was surprised it was a tnt show. I thought the network that had the original Dallas would be making the new show
It would be a miracle if CBS is interested in renewing it next summer after a cable network cancelled it. TV Land would be a great channel if they decided to try an original drama instead of only comedies.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:
Omega wrote:I was surprised it was a tnt show. I thought the network that had the original Dallas would be making the new show
It would be a miracle if CBS is interested in renewing it next summer after a cable network cancelled it. TV Land would be a great channel if they decided to try an original drama instead of only comedies.
if network tv could figure out how to make it fit in their line up without cutting the quality for for shows then they'd jump at it. But cable tv has a better formula for keeping the quality and seasons short. Maybe a&e could grab it
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FBF, it was YOUR genius thought to raid the WWE to get a Bond actor: "As with the Lea Seydoux reports from Friday, today's Bond 24 news remains unconfirmed by any official word from EON. But reports are coming in that Dave Bautista has also scored a role in the as-yet untitled Bond 24. If Latino Review's secret sources are accurate, we can expect to see the former wrestler as a henchman called Hinx.
As per the casting call, Sam Mendes and his team were looking for someone "ideally over 6'2"... imposing and physically fit... unusual [and] possibly from a sports background." The goal is to find the next Jaws or Oddjob - a henchman so different to anything that has gone before that they will become instantly iconic in the film series. Bautista certainly fits that bill. And following his revelatory breakout turn in this summer's Guardians Of The Galaxy, he's proved he's capable of far more than one-note tough guy roles. Hinx could be very entertaining indeed. Bautista is 6 foot 6 inches tall and extremely hot coming off a scene stealing role in biggest movie of the year. As Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy, Bautista was a physically imposing powerhouse. But what really made him memorable was the deadpan humor of the character and how well Bautista was able to handle that. Those are traits well-suited to a Bond villain.

Also, never forget that Bautista is a WWE wrestler. Much like The Rock before him, wrestlers are usually extremely charismatic and well-spoken. It’s as big a part of the business as the muscles and athleticism. And we know Bond villains love to talk and talk and talk.

Not much has been revealed about Hinx so far, except that he's a "henchman/assassin", has to drive and will have several fights with Bond. Daniel Craig had better prepare himself. The name is perilously close to "Jinx", but we're assuming Bautista wouldn't be required to emerge from the sea in an orange bikini. Although then again.." Image [video][/video]
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I never said anything about wrestlers as Bond henchmen. Rooting for wrestlers to take over as Bond once DC retires? Yes!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Eon turning to a Vince McMahon employee as their new iconic villain against Cr-egg? Priceless.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

BJ, you missing the point here. I meant wrestlers as Bond himself. Wade Barrett and Sheamus.....I'm sure you remember these names that I brought up.

As for Batista, I think he's too cool get mix along with EON's evil empire. At least it's him and not Chris Nolan. Otherwise, he will be considered our enemy. Speaking of Nolan, his team is mixing up with EON bit by bit.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Happy 87th Birthday to Sir Roger Moore! :happybd: :yay: :cake:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The Saint 007 wrote:Happy 87th Birthday to Sir Roger Moore! :happybd: :yay: :cake:
Happy Birthday Roger :cheers:

I read that he cannot drink much now and has diet coke instead. He said he invented a cocktail made up of alcohol free beer and diet coke.
Bring back Bond!
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

carl stromberg wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:Happy 87th Birthday to Sir Roger Moore! :happybd: :yay: :cake:
Happy Birthday Roger :cheers:

I read that he cannot drink much now and has diet coke instead. He said he invented a cocktail made up of alcohol free beer and diet coke.
Happy Birthday Sir Rog! :happybd: :happybd: :cake: :yay:

I hope he makes it to 100!
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Happy birthday, Roger! Half watched Moonraker the other day (my brother was visiting). The setpieces and location shooting still held up; thank God they didn't use Michael Bay style CGI. This along with a good villain made sure it was enjoyable. The story could have been stronger though.

As for Batista joining, I thought he was alright in Guardian of the Galaxy. I can imagine him as a Stamperesque henchman.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:FBF, it was YOUR genius thought to raid the WWE to get a Bond actor: "As with the Lea Seydoux reports from Friday, today's Bond 24 news remains unconfirmed by any official word from EON. But reports are coming in that Dave Bautista has also scored a role in the as-yet untitled Bond 24. If Latino Review's secret sources are accurate, we can expect to see the former wrestler as a henchman called Hinx.
As per the casting call, Sam Mendes and his team were looking for someone "ideally over 6'2"... imposing and physically fit... unusual [and] possibly from a sports background." The goal is to find the next Jaws or Oddjob - a henchman so different to anything that has gone before that they will become instantly iconic in the film series. Bautista certainly fits that bill. And following his revelatory breakout turn in this summer's Guardians Of The Galaxy, he's proved he's capable of far more than one-note tough guy roles. Hinx could be very entertaining indeed. Bautista is 6 foot 6 inches tall and extremely hot coming off a scene stealing role in biggest movie of the year. As Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy, Bautista was a physically imposing powerhouse. But what really made him memorable was the deadpan humor of the character and how well Bautista was able to handle that. Those are traits well-suited to a Bond villain.

Also, never forget that Bautista is a WWE wrestler. Much like The Rock before him, wrestlers are usually extremely charismatic and well-spoken. It’s as big a part of the business as the muscles and athleticism. And we know Bond villains love to talk and talk and talk.

Not much has been revealed about Hinx so far, except that he's a "henchman/assassin", has to drive and will have several fights with Bond. Daniel Craig had better prepare himself. The name is perilously close to "Jinx", but we're assuming Bautista wouldn't be required to emerge from the sea in an orange bikini. Although then again.." Image [video][/video]
that's the guy I was saying reminded me of Craig except articulate and more refined
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Big O, do you anticipate Brosnan returning in a sequel to NM?