The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:October 03-05, 2014 $32,000---- November Man's most likely final weekend estimate.
it's with in sight of $25 million I hope it's gets a sequel because it could be interesting but I kind of doubt it based on the U.S. BO. But the UK and other countries could be a bigger market.
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Rip Baron Samedi
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:
Omega wrote:Looks like Dallas was canceled
I am fuming mad at TNT :!: That network can rot now :!: I hope the producers shop it to another cable network.
What was the reason? I thought it was pulling in good ratings?
COULD DALLAS FIND A NEW HOME? There has been an amazing response from fans of Dallas who are outraged that the show was cancelled by TNT. Patrick Duffy tweet:"I for one am not done with Bobby Ewing! Let's see if some network wants the Ewings to live on! Love you all!!"........Dallas is such a huge brand and fans are out there, it’s a lost opportunity to close the door with such finality. Live ratings declined globally for Dallas but the on-demand viewership did extremely well, this was not just evident in the US but also in other countries such as Channel 5 in the UK. There has always been a strong online audience for Dallas, the show lived on digitally for many years through thriving fan communities. Maybe the key to the survival of Dallas is to find a home on one of the digital on-demand platforms – Netflix or Amazon.
Why it could work:

Dallas is already an established brand internationally.
The show did well on-demand globally, it was live viewing that was the issue.
On-demand breaks down the international barrier. If available to all countries at the same time the numbers start to look really impressive.
Dallas has a very large, active and passionate online community. The transition over to a digital streaming proposition would translate for this audience.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

When it looked like Hannibal might not be picked up for a second season, there were a ton of cable outlets and other interests willing to air it. So Dallas getting picked up and aired elsewhere doesn't seems like an impossibility.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I hope so MP.........Reportedly Bond 24 will be shot by Hoyte van Hoytem, BAFTA-nominated director of photography who made his name on acclaimed 2008 Swedish vampire drama ‘Let The Right One In.’
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ross asked Karl Urban about the script for the new Star Trek movie and Urban said he had not read it, but he had heard some things. Here is what he said: "I’m am going to meet with JJ [Abrams] in a couple of days and I’m looking forward to that. And the important thing is that it is going to be phenomenal. Based on what I hear of the concept, it’s going to rock and you guys are going to love it. " Badass Digest runs with the scoop that William Shatner would share a scene with Chris Pine’s Captain Kirk in Star Trek 3, thanks to the magic of time travel. At least, that’s what we are assuming, as it is being reported that young Kirk (Pine) and Spock (Zachary Quinto) would interact with future versions of their characters (played by Shatner and Nimoy) for an integral scene. Here’s the kicker. According to the report: This won't be original timeline Spock -- it'll be future alt-timeline Kirk and Spock. Basically the scene will have Kirk and Spock interacting with their future selves." FBF, now we are talking motivation to see ST 3 :!: :cheers:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Ross asked Karl Urban about the script for the new Star Trek movie and Urban said he had not read it, but he had heard some things. Here is what he said: "I’m am going to meet with JJ [Abrams] in a couple of days and I’m looking forward to that. And the important thing is that it is going to be phenomenal. Based on what I hear of the concept, it’s going to rock and you guys are going to love it. " Badass Digest runs with the scoop that William Shatner would share a scene with Chris Pine’s Captain Kirk in Star Trek 3, thanks to the magic of time travel. At least, that’s what we are assuming, as it is being reported that young Kirk (Pine) and Spock (Zachary Quinto) would interact with future versions of their characters (played by Shatner and Nimoy) for an integral scene. Here’s the kicker. According to the report: This won't be original timeline Spock -- it'll be future alt-timeline Kirk and Spock. Basically the scene will have Kirk and Spock interacting with their future selves." FBF, now we are talking motivation to see ST 3 :!: :cheers:
Future alternative timeline Kirk and Spock. I'm in.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

:up:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I hope Star Trek 3 will be the last of Alternate Timeline TOS crew since the cast would be too old to play younger version of the crew as the reboot series is meant to features early days of TOS even though it's in the different timeline.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Shatner will have to take a back seat on filming for this is not his film but the new actors' film, and Billy has a big ego.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Shatner will have to take a back seat on filming for this is not his film but the new actors' film, and Billy has a big ego.
Bill is said to be hard to work with.

I wonder if Kirk's resurrection (from Trek books that Bill wrote) will be referenced in the next one.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Do you think NM warrants a sequel with only $25 million here?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Image Fans can be assured that the cast and crew of Dallas are fighting to save the show. In response to an email from UltimateDallas.com the shows Executive Producer Cynthia Cidre sent us the following message: “I am heartbroken over the TNT decision to cancel our show. As you may know, TNT is undergoing a huge sea change, and sadly, we’ve fallen victim to it. But the rallying cry you have on your website applies to us here in LA, too: “yesterday we cried, today we fight back.” Dallas is blessed not only with the best cast and crew I’ve ever had the privilege to work with, but also with the best, most supportive, and most passionate executives I’ve ever worked with. They’re not taking our cancellation lying down. They’re fighting back, and with the help of our wonderful fans, I’m hoping that we’ll be able to find a new home for our beloved show. Thank you for everything you’ve done for us.’ You can help #SaveDallas by signing the petition and using the hashtag #SaveDallas across social media. Keep up the fight."
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Do you think NM warrants a sequel with only $25 million here?
We don't know the overseas yet as it opens bit by bit.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Blowfeld »

bjmdds wrote:Do you think NM warrants a sequel with only $25 million here?
I'm not sure. You could bet on a sequel if the studios see this year as a fluke or want a franchise even if they wait a few years to reboot.
If the UK and others do great then I see it happening however so far foreign box office is just ok. Big UK numbers could tell the story.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

bjmdds wrote:Shatner will have to take a back seat on filming for this is not his film but the new actors' film, and Billy has a big ego.
Kirk died in Generation unless he is alive in the ribbon.

Speaking of Bill's ego Malcolm McDowell has a story of Bill asking him how does it feel to kill a legend? :)
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

bjmdds wrote:Image Image Fans can be assured that the cast and crew of Dallas are fighting to save the show. In response to an email from UltimateDallas.com the shows Executive Producer Cynthia Cidre sent us the following message: “I am heartbroken over the TNT decision to cancel our show. As you may know, TNT is undergoing a huge sea change, and sadly, we’ve fallen victim to it. But the rallying cry you have on your website applies to us here in LA, too: “yesterday we cried, today we fight back.” Dallas is blessed not only with the best cast and crew I’ve ever had the privilege to work with, but also with the best, most supportive, and most passionate executives I’ve ever worked with. They’re not taking our cancellation lying down. They’re fighting back, and with the help of our wonderful fans, I’m hoping that we’ll be able to find a new home for our beloved show. Thank you for everything you’ve done for us.’ You can help #SaveDallas by signing the petition and using the hashtag #SaveDallas across social media. Keep up the fight."
Is this because Larry Hagman passed away?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hagman's passing was a HUGE hit to the show's longevity but the writers put plots in based on what his character did in the past and the climactic ending 3 weeks ago revealed J R had a daughter :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Blowfeld wrote:

Speaking of Bill's ego Malcolm McDowell has a story of Bill asking him how does it feel to kill a legend? :)
There is no way Kirk should have been left on a desolate planet with rocks covering his dead body. Picard should have brought him back to earth for a proper military funeral. I hated that film immensely.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

bjmdds wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:

There is no way Kirk should have been left on a desolate planet with rocks covering his dead body. Piccard should have brought him back to earth for a proper military funeral. I hated that film immensely.
It was a horrible death anyway. Not fitting at all.