The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by FormerBondFan »

BJ.....what about that scene? Or that old man's painface acting is just as terrible as Fat Seagal's.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Seagal's films are beyond contempt except for Under Siege which is somewhat tolerable as fun to watch. The film that scene is from is horrifically bad esspecially the bar scene with the hand slap game.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:The film that scene is from is horrifically bad esspecially the bar scene with the hand slap game.
And what about that painface and screaming from Hugh Palmer in that scene? :mrgreen: Dreadful as the rest of the movie? :mrgreen:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

The Saint 007 wrote:
mcbride007 wrote:What is this man talking about, are fans not allowed to have an opinion that Daniel Craig is not right for James Bond?http://yetanotherblogaboutpolitics.blog ... xists.html
To say Daniel Craig is overrated is putting it mildly, for he's treated as though he's God-like. Anyone who says something negative about Craig's Bond, regardless if it's stated constructively or not, will immediately get attacked, and be bombarded by all the high IMDb/Rotton Tomatoes scores of Craig's Bond films. The words of praise by critics get treated as the gospel, while independent thought is worthless.

I remember seeing a list ranking all the Bond films, and Quantum Of Solace was on the bottom as the worst. When looking at the comments, there were people getting so upset and saying things like "How could you rank Daniel Craig below that awful Roger Moore!" And then people wonder why a site like this exists.
I like Roger may not be my favorite but it dos seem Craig s "Spy" from the start was about hating on the past.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjamesobrad
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball, Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies, You Only Live Twice, Die Another Day, Dr. No, The Living Daylights, Live And Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me (order subject to change based on mood)
Favorite Movies: The Man With No Name Trilogy, Heat, The Dark Knight, Unforgiven, Star Wars, Cobra

Post by bjamesobrad »

Here is a question. How many people on IMDB & Rotten Tomatoes go back after awhile and renew their reviews.
Viewing a movie once in theatres can make a film appear much better than it actually is. For example I went to see Taken 2 in theatres and while i thought it didnt live up to expectations I thought it was a good movie and I enjoyed myself. However once I revisited that movie on Blu-Ray at home I was able to see just how sh!tty of a movie that it really was. I had to rereview Taken 2 on RT. How many people actually do this? Do you know what I mean??? Will Skyfalls tomatoemeter change much with time???
Rest in Peace
James Bond
November 14, 2006
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

bjamesobrad wrote:Here is a question. How many people on IMDB & Rotten Tomatoes go back after awhile and renew their reviews.
Viewing a movie once in theatres can make a film appear much better than it actually is. For example I went to see Taken 2 in theatres and while i thought it didnt live up to expectations I thought it was a good movie and I enjoyed myself. However once I revisited that movie on Blu-Ray at home I was able to see just how sh!tty of a movie that it really was. I had to rereview Taken 2 on RT. How many people actually do this? Do you know what I mean??? Will Skyfalls tomatoemeter change much with time???
As I've said here before, if I had to go by the review scores, I would only be watching a handful of Bond films. Between all the bias and whatnot, you can't really take these online reviews too seriously. Critics can sort of act as a guide to a degree, but I don't take everything they say as the gospel like some people tend to do. Overall, it's just best to judge a film based on your own personal taste.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Get ready for Adele's slobbering acceptance speech tonight winning her Oscar and praising the genius known as EON. :cuss:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:I'm going to watch it.Even though I'm not rooting for any particular movies and haven't seen any of them(but am planning on seeing Zero Dark Thirty tomorrow, schedule permitting.)
I'm not going to watch because I never do but I'm curious what the bond celebration will be I don't have high expectations. Grail looking glum in a suit too small for him wearing elevator shoes. Maybe a photo montage of the other bond the a dripping tribute to eon / themselves .

Weird the only win expected for them is Adele . Cinematography where they had some who probably deserved recognition being snubbed. I wonder if the expectation of a win will backfire in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjamesobrad wrote:Here is a question. How many people on IMDB & Rotten Tomatoes go back after awhile and renew their reviews.
I've adjusted my reviews I've only ever seen a hand full do it. Most want be part of the hype. Or work for the studio

FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:
kater23 wrote:I'm going to watch it.Even though I'm not rooting for any particular movies and haven't seen any of them(but am planning on seeing Zero Dark Thirty tomorrow, schedule permitting.)
I'm not going to watch because I never do but I'm curious what the bond celebration will be I don't have high expectations. Grail looking glum in a suit too small for him wearing elevator shoes. Maybe a photo montage of the other bond the a dripping tribute to eon / themselves .

Weird the only win expected for them is Adele . Cinematography where they had some who probably deserved recognition being snubbed. I wonder if the expectation of a win will backfire in the end.

F*ck the Oscars.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

The Saint 007 wrote:
kater23 wrote:I read a review Of Skyfall the other day(can't remember which magazine it was)that mentioned the Home Alone thing. :P
Some Craig fans will argue how Skyfall's climax is not like Home Alone, and I have to agree. After all, Macaulay Culkin would have successfully protected M. :wink:

Really though, I think it's more of a generation thing because I know mine for whatever reason adores HOME ALONE because that's what my generation grew up with, so seeing SKYFALL's booby trap sequence sort of clicked with everyone. It didn't for me because I really don't care about that flick. Maybe if Bond swung a can of paint at one of the goons I might have made the connection. But as others have said, it more resembles STRAW DOGS.
The Saint 007 wrote:
As I've said here before, if I had to go by the review scores, I would only be watching a handful of Bond films. Between all the bias and whatnot, you can't really take these online reviews too seriously. Critics can sort of act as a guide to a degree, but I don't take everything they say as the gospel like some people tend to do. Overall, it's just best to judge a film based on your own personal taste.
That's why whenever someone asks me "which Bond films should I see?", I answer "all of them". I can tell them my favorites but I always recommend seeing them all so they can find where the films stand for them. Why deprive someone from seeing a Bond film like the universally hated Moonraker if there is the possibility that one might actually enjoy it? I know I do.
bjmdds wrote:Get ready for Adele's slobbering acceptance speech tonight winning her Oscar and praising the genius known as EON. :cuss:
I do hope she wins, just so you get upset. Seriously though, I doubt you would trash this song so much if it were for a Hugh Jackman Bond film, but because it's attched to a Craig film that automatically makes it terrible for you. Guilty by association.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Home Alone, Straw Dogs? Really, I thouht it was more like Asault On Precinct 13. :wink:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Has anybody listened to all the songs in the running? As a bond song it's not the best out of the songs in the running????

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

If you haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty yet, you should. It is POWERFUL.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

What a joke the Bond tribute was. I was watching TMWTGG on Reelz and my friend called to to me the Bond tribute was coming up. Showing quick clips and then Bassey was it? No Broccoli? No MGW? No Bonds? Were Cr-egg or the green vegetable even there? Sk-awful just won an Oscar for sound editing. :shock:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Oscars can have a tie?

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Well it won what was expected. First Lady showing up hum

stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

That tribute video was pretty half-assed and overdone with animated graphics. Since when do Oscar montages ever go overboard with graphics? I can find a better montage clip that's nothing but a collection of snippets from Bond films but edited in a way that make them very remarkable.

And Life of Pi winning cinematography. What a joke. I don't get how a greenscreen movie counts for cinematography. It's like how Avatar got nominated for the category four years ago, it made no sense. So that means Roger Deakins has been nominated TEN times and not ONE of them deserved the award? Heck, he was nominated for TWO films in 2007 and still lost. What the hell does the guy have to do to win something?

Adele winning is fine, predictable like Daniel Day Lewis winning but still obviously well earned. It's Deakins losing that really shakes my head.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

stockslivevan wrote:That tribute video was pretty half-assed and overdone with animated graphics. Since when do Oscar montages ever go overboard with graphics? I can find a better montage clip that's nothing but a collection of snippets from Bond films but edited in a way that make them very remarkable.

And Life of Pi winning cinematography. What a joke. I don't get how a greenscreen movie counts for cinematography. It's like how Avatar got nominated for the category four years ago, it made no sense. So that means Roger Deakins has been nominated TEN times and not ONE of them deserved the award? Heck, he was nominated for TWO films in 2007 and still lost. What the hell does the guy have to do to win something?

Adele winning is fine, predictable like Daniel Day Lewis winning but still obviously well earned. It's Deakins losing that really shakes my head.
Deakins deserved a win, of all the categories they were nominated for he had the merit for it. Adele won because she is adele, the song was more a classic throw back like TND but not the very best Bond had to offer.

The category they tied in puzzles me.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Adele sounded terrible.Anyone notice that the times Skyfall won, the people who won thanked Babs, *then* Mikey?That can't be a coincidence... :twisted:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol: