The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

FormerBondFan wrote:If Bond 23 is ends up being a classic by both fans and critics, then send in the freaks as Bond.
That's a long shot. :wink:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
Alessandra wrote:it's really probably just a fanboy making it ALL up.
With a name like lizzy-sandy, more likely to be a fangirl, I'd have thought.
It's the green vegetable herself :!:
katied

Post by katied »

Kristatos wrote: With a name like lizzy-sandy, more likely to be a fangirl, I'd have thought.

Maybe they're, uh, confused? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://static2.wonderwall.com/image/won ... iginal.jpg Eon cannot possibly promote her in this condition for a Bond film. I doubt she is allowed to even travel. FBF will rap the DC swan song.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

Just got Person of Interest season on DVD one of the best shows on TV.Can't wait for Season2!
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Rough cuts of movies are used all the time, part of the process. Remember usually films go out for official release shortly after they are a finished product. Should be more room for error more often than not it's a rush to the finish line. Unfinished movies are often sent for ratings and used for early screenings.

If a studio / producer is uncertain of how certain element might work (sometimes) there is more testing done. Directors and actors live in a bubble they often can't tell how the general public may react to a scene so it's tested and often a easy re-shoot remedies any problems.

A few thoughts on Bond 23. They might be using a instrumental opener if so they can work in a song by Adele -or whoever in the credits.

If some of the rumors are correct Babs and Mikey are once again raping the memory of Fleming, a few pillars of Bond as established By Fleming, Saltzman, Young, Connery and Broccoli should be left alone. Remains to be seen how some things may affect attendance but messing with the basics can backfire big time.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The entire IMDb thread has been deleted by an administrator. Either the OP violated some non-disclosure agreement, or the whole thing was made up. I suspect the latter.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Well, I thought I should post that IMDb thread here, since it's kind of fun to speculate the details of Skyfall. But the way the Bond series is now, some of that information doesn't sound too far-fetched to me.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

The Saint 007 wrote:Well, I thought I should post that IMDb thread here, since it's kind of fun to speculate the details of Skyfall. But the way the Bond series is now, some of that information doesn't sound too far-fetched to me.
Worth knowing about for sure, trusting it? uh, I have a problem trusting the source.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

And like we were talking about why were the non spoilers stuff treated like a spoiler and the big things were flippantly mentioned.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

Releasing spoilers can hurt more than help.

I've noticed that there have been a lot of spoilers about the new season of Grey's Anatomy. That's because the show's producer ended last season with a story that enraged a large percentage of the audience. She's putting all this information out there to get people excited and win back the audience she lost. Judging from the first few promos for the new season though ,that strategy is going to be an epic fail.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I was just invited to a private screening of Bond 23 at MGW's house. He fell asleep three times throughout the mercifully only 87 minute film. It opened up with Bond being killed on a train and then winding up with amnesia in an insane asylum in the Swiss Alps. Judi Dench's M tries to jar his mind back to life by singing the theme song from Ghost, Unchained Melody, but it failed miserably. Bond then gets to meet a computer geek who befriends him and they eat cotton candy together in a museum until Bond is arrested for solicitation of a minor. Back in jail, Bond meets a strange blond haired retired florist from Belgium, named Silva, who loves to eat dead rats. They share meals together until MI6 pulls strings and gets Bond released. Silva misses Bond so much he dedicated poetry to him on the prison walls. At the end we meet Ralph Fiennes character, Vole D. Mort, who gets appointed to be the new M, after Judi Dench's M runs off with a younger woman named Eve, who likes to shave people after she shoots them. All in all, it is a very strange film and should not do more than QOS at the box office for if it does so, by even one penny, Steven Seagal shall be called in to play Bond next film. Right FBF? The end.............
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:All in all, it is a very strange film and should not do more than QOS at the box office for if it does so, by even one penny, Steven Seagal shall be called in to play Bond next film. Right FBF? The end.............
Save Seagal for an unofficial Bond competing against the traditional Bond. Bring in this creature as Bond instead.

Or some other weirdo.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:I was just invited to a private screening of Bond 23 at MGW's house. He fell asleep three times throughout the mercifully only 87 minute film. It opened up with Bond being killed on a train and then winding up with amnesia in an insane asylum in the Swiss Alps. Judi Dench's M tries to jar his mind back to life by singing the theme song from Ghost, Unchained Melody, but it failed miserably. Bond then gets to meet a computer geek who befriends him and they eat cotton candy together in a museum until Bond is arrested for solicitation of a minor. Back in jail, Bond meets a strange blond haired retired florist from Belgium, named Silva, who loves to eat dead rats. They share meals together until MI6 pulls strings and gets Bond released. Silva misses Bond so much he dedicated poetry to him on the prison walls. At the end we meet Ralph Fiennes character, Vole D. Mort, who gets appointed to be the new M, after Judi Dench's M runs off with a younger woman named Eve, who likes to shave people after she shoots them. All in all, it is a very strange film and should not do more than QOS at the box office for if it does so, by even one penny, Steven Seagal shall be called in to play Bond next film. Right FBF? The end.............
You should post that on IMDb (minus the reference to FBF, of course) and see how many people believe it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Since the reboot, I've lost a fair bit of faith/respect for the Bond series, that the description BJ made up sounds quite believable. If I saw a random thread reporting the Bond producers were planning to make an entire film dedicated to Q and Moneypenny's backstory, I would probably find it believable.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

oscartheman wrote:Just got Person of Interest season on DVD one of the best shows on TV.Can't wait for Season2!
Well done! S2 is gonna be great, I've kept up with some of the spoilers and casting and it sure won't disappoint.

I'll say it again, many people here should check out Person of Interest. As Bond fans you're definitely going to enjoy the show. And it is superbly written and acted.

LOL about the name of that person Kristatos... I think it's just a further way to mislead those who may be on to this fanboy? :lol: :lol:
"Are we on coms?"
Captain Arthurs
Lieutenant

Post by Captain Arthurs »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:I was just invited to a private screening of Bond 23 at MGW's house. He fell asleep three times throughout the mercifully only 87 minute film. It opened up with Bond being killed on a train and then winding up with amnesia in an insane asylum in the Swiss Alps. Judi Dench's M tries to jar his mind back to life by singing the theme song from Ghost, Unchained Melody, but it failed miserably. Bond then gets to meet a computer geek who befriends him and they eat cotton candy together in a museum until Bond is arrested for solicitation of a minor. Back in jail, Bond meets a strange blond haired retired florist from Belgium, named Silva, who loves to eat dead rats. They share meals together until MI6 pulls strings and gets Bond released. Silva misses Bond so much he dedicated poetry to him on the prison walls. At the end we meet Ralph Fiennes character, Vole D. Mort, who gets appointed to be the new M, after Judi Dench's M runs off with a younger woman named Eve, who likes to shave people after she shoots them. All in all, it is a very strange film and should not do more than QOS at the box office for if it does so, by even one penny, Steven Seagal shall be called in to play Bond next film. Right FBF? The end.............
You should post that on IMDb (minus the reference to FBF, of course) and see how many people believe it.
None of Barbara Broccoli's weird ideas surprise me anymore: anything is possible with her. :lol:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Captain Arthurs wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
None of Barbara Broccoli's weird ideas surprise me anymore: anything is possible with her. :lol:
Might as well send in the freaks.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Here's an article from MI6 that says Craig will do a least another two more Bond films after Skyfall: http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles ... um=twitter
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The Saint 007 wrote:Here's an article from MI6 that says Craig will do a least another two more Bond films after Skyfall: http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles ... um=twitter
You might as well send in the freaks to take over as Bond.