The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

From the news stories, it sounds like it is Sony, rather than EON, who are desperate to have Craig back, and making it a condition of their putting the money up for it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I recently watched The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo fully for the first time and noticed just how much more enthusiastic Craig seems to be. Make no mistake,his performance is nothing to write home about (I would say the same thing about the movie-way too dark for my taste) but at least he's not sleepwalking through the movie like he does in most of his Bond movies.
Blowfeld mentioned one very good thing-just how much EON and co. put effort in presenting Craig as the definite version of the character. After all the fabulous gushing about "the unique mix of charisma and acting skills" a.k.a Craig to quote Barbara I can't even imagine them doing the same thing for some other actor. Not to mention with all the gushing about Craig they were undermining previous actors.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Veronica wrote:Blowfeld mentioned one very good thing-just how much EON and co. put effort in presenting Craig as the definite version of the character. After all the fabulous gushing about "the unique mix of charisma and acting skills" a.k.a Craig to quote Barbara I can't even imagine them doing the same thing for some other actor.
I wouldn't be so sure Veronica. Yes, they are head over heels in love with Craig but I can see them (and the fans) using similar sort of language for whoever the next Bond is as well. It's the norm now to hype a new product to the stratosphere while trashing everything that's gone before (even when you made it).

I was really REALLY hoping he was gone now but it's not looking likely, is it? :| Still it makes no difference really as I'm quite sure whoever is playing Bond, we won't be seeing a straight up back to basics classic Bond film anytime soon. That ship sailed a long time ago.

Also, when are they going to find some new script writers?
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Saw Rogue One yesterday..a-may-zing. :fight:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Kristatos wrote:From the news stories, it sounds like it is Sony, rather than EON, who are desperate to have Craig back, and making it a condition of their putting the money up for it.
Back in September, Radar Online ran the story where Craig supposedly was being offered $150 million to do two more Bond movies. That story said Sony was behind the offer (rather than MGM). It also said that "any day" Sony would be announcing it had a new agreement to distribute Bond films.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/s ... ond-films/

On Dec. 16, it was the Mirror which said MGM was "panicking" and that Craig's participation was key to getting Sony to re-up to co-finance and distribute.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... ic-9471998
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Image Image
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

acid wrote:
Veronica wrote:Blowfeld mentioned one very good thing-just how much EON and co. put effort in presenting Craig as the definite version of the character. After all the fabulous gushing about "the unique mix of charisma and acting skills" a.k.a Craig to quote Barbara I can't even imagine them doing the same thing for some other actor.
I wouldn't be so sure Veronica. Yes, they are head over heels in love with Craig but I can see them (and the fans) using similar sort of language for whoever the next Bond is as well. It's the norm now to hype a new product to the stratosphere while trashing everything that's gone before (even when you made it).

I was really REALLY hoping he was gone now but it's not looking likely, is it? :| Still it makes no difference really as I'm quite sure whoever is playing Bond, we won't be seeing a straight up back to basics classic Bond film anytime soon. That ship sailed a long time ago.

Also, when are they going to find some new script writers?
IMO the thing is they just hit the wall with SP so to speak. Just like with DAD which was Bond dialed up to eleven SP is Craig era kind of movie dialed up to eleven mixed up with cheap homages.
After DAD they said there was no other way than to erase everything about James Bond because it was just so freaking horrible. If Craig stays that would probably mean the whole foster brother crap continues as well.
But I am just not sure if anyone would like to continue that crap anyway. They saw the results,they saw the lukewarm reviews. They probably thought that would pay off in the same way the pretentious Tennyson poetry paid off in the previous one.
But it didn't and now they are stuck with the choice to either hire a new actor and forget all about the dismal foster brother nonsense or to continue that with the actor who looks so bored he might as well fall asleep in the middle of the sentence.
And it's not like anybody is actually interested in little Franz/Blowfeld thing or Craig's sleepwalking performance. Except his devoted erm...fans.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Watch this:

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FBF, you must be excited over Pierce's new projects! Have you finished your 5 viewings of Fantastic Beasts yet? Were you VERY pleased with the Potter prequel?
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:FBF, you must be excited over Pierce's new projects!
Are you still treating like I'm the only Pierce loyalist in this forum?
Have you finished your 5 viewings of Fantastic Beasts yet? Were you VERY pleased with the Potter prequel?
The mission is done. I wouldn't change anything to the potter prequel.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

[video][/video]
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Carrie Fisher reportedly had a major hart attack on a London to LA flight. I hope and pray she pulls though. She is too young and we have lost so many in 2016.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Bond related food for thought despite such sad news. Bond was a Hollywood powerhouse because it produced movies so consistently for the larger part of 40 years, after Cubby's passing the children run the asylum, recent Bond movies personally crafted by Barbara have come down a very slow pace with mediocre results. After a year of no movement in the Bond world, a lost year as it was so aptly put, I wonder if EON is about to kill the goose who laid the golden egg by indulging Craig as well as their own lethargic tendencies.
Bond at one point was unique in the movie world because it continued a series for decades with an average of 2 movies every two years for 40 years, slipping by the 50th anniversary with a paltry 3 movies made in 10 years. As a look at the cineplex tonight it is crammed with major movies series with a thought out strategy for decades of sequels and prequels, is EON about to fall to behind the rest of the world at the risk of becoming extinct?
Audiences are becoming accustom to movies with fairly good production and stories values releasing at a steady pace while EON is contemplating returning in 2018-9 with a Bond introduced 14 years earlier with a paltry 4 movies under his belt. I kind of fell like they are about to be run over by the evolution of our popular culture as the Hollywood presses on with a new system and long term plan. I've been wrong before and I don't expect this to be an exception, I've had this feeling something is wrong, maybe different in the Bond world since Spectre was wrapping up. A year later Bond has no news and the eagerness of people the earlier part of the year for a new Bond is being tempered with the expectation they go back to the aging (temperamental as Jerry Lewis) Craig. Can't shake the feeling something is rotten in Bondmark. What say ye?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

“Star Wars” actress Carrie Fisher was in critical condition Friday after suffering a “cardiac episode” during a flight from London to Los Angeles, according to airline and emergency officials.

Fisher, 60, was rushed to UCLA Medical Center by Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics shortly after noon, after her 11-hour flight touched down at LAX.

A source who was not authorized to discuss the incident said the actress was “in a lot of distress on the flight.”

A statement released by United Airlines said that medical personnel met Flight 935 from London on arrival after the crew reported a passenger was "unresponsive."

“Our thoughts are with our customer at this time,” the statement read.

Just prior to arrival, a pilot told the control tower that passengers who were nurses were attending to an “unresponsive” passenger.

“So they’re working on her right now,” the pilot said in a public recording of the conversation on liveatc.net.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Goldeneye wrote:Bond related food for thought despite such sad news. Bond was a Hollywood powerhouse because it produced movies so consistently for the larger part of 40 years, after Cubby's passing the children run the asylum, recent Bond movies personally crafted by Barbara have come down a very slow pace with mediocre results. After a year of no movement in the Bond world, a lost year as it was so aptly put, I wonder if EON is about to kill the goose who laid the golden egg by indulging Craig as well as their own lethargic tendencies.
Bond at one point was unique in the movie world because it continued a series for decades with an average of 2 movies every two years for 40 years, slipping by the 50th anniversary with a paltry 3 movies made in 10 years. As a look at the cineplex tonight it is crammed with major movies series with a thought out strategy for decades of sequels and prequels, is EON about to fall to behind the rest of the world at the risk of becoming extinct?
Audiences are becoming accustom to movies with fairly good production and stories values releasing at a steady pace while EON is contemplating returning in 2018-9 with a Bond introduced 14 years earlier with a paltry 4 movies under his belt. I kind of fell like they are about to be run over by the evolution of our popular culture as the Hollywood presses on with a new system and long term plan. I've been wrong before and I don't expect this to be an exception, I've had this feeling something is wrong, maybe different in the Bond world since Spectre was wrapping up. A year later Bond has no news and the eagerness of people the earlier part of the year for a new Bond is being tempered with the expectation they go back to the aging (temperamental as Jerry Lewis) Craig. Can't shake the feeling something is rotten in Bondmark. What say ye?
If the rotten vegetable keeps Cr-egg around another decade, the franchise will become a real BORE with the BOAR still in the role! WE create more buzz about Bond than EON does :!:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Festive greetings to all at DCINB. :cheers:

Bring back Bond!
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Happy Christmas!
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Merry Christmas! :Xmas:

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Merry Christmas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Merry X-mas everyone! :Xmas: