The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by FormerBondFan »

Are we in agreement of what I said BJ?
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:What did you hear V about the plot content? No good? Bad reviews? Image
On the contrary those who have seen the play seem to be thrilled with the overall execution. I've heard the acting is great,the production,the stage,the effects,the music...everything is great. But then you get to the crucial part and that's the story.
One fan commented after reading the spoilers:"JK Rowling has become another George Lucas." That should tell you something. Likewise,another fan commented how "Cursed Child has made history either way. Either it's the funniest pop culture joke to have ever been played on fandom or it will go down in history as a sequel nobody believed was the real thing because of how stupid it was."
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I wonder if The Cursed Child will receive its on-screen adaptation.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:Are we in agreement of what I said BJ?
Most definitely FBF. You know your onions :!:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I hope none of future Potter installments suffer The Phantom Menace syndrome like The Hobbit did.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica wrote:
bjmdds wrote:What did you hear V about the plot content? No good? Bad reviews? Image
On the contrary those who have seen the play seem to be thrilled with the overall execution. I've heard the acting is great,the production,the stage,the effects,the music...everything is great. But then you get to the crucial part and that's the story.
One fan commented after reading the spoilers:"JK Rowling has become another George Lucas." That should tell you something. Likewise,another fan commented how "Cursed Child has made history either way. Either it's the funniest pop culture joke to have ever been played on fandom or it will go down in history as a sequel nobody believed was the real thing because of how stupid it was."
Worldwide PC and iconic reinterpretations are ruining the entertainment industry! The prior Star Trek messed with The Wrath Of Khan's ending and it bombed. Bond saying he might have had sex with men before is ruining his mystique. The new Sulu being a homosexual and now the stage Hermione being converted to black woman to have a bi-racial HP couple tops the insanity going on! This notion of recreating iconic figures in motion pictures with different ethnicities in the name of 'inclusion' is a joke :!: The day Hollywood gets Chris Pine to play Martin Luther King jr. in a new film is the day we will know Hollywood has evolved to total insanity :!: If a remake of Enter The Dragon is done, and it very well might be in this climate, and a white male is cast in the lead, it would not make sense, nor should it :!: If Bond is shown in bed with a man I will burn my old CDs of every Bond film I ever had :!: Will Smith's son as the lead in The Karate Kid remake is also testament to this insanity. The F4 remake bombed with a black Johnny Storm too. The fired Garfield the cat wanted his Spidey to be gay. Let Hollywood create NEW ethnic characters and see if it will be positively received by the public ON THEIR OWN MERITS :!: The stand alone Black Panther film MIGHT be the first true test, but I would bet that Captain America will be a part of it. The entertainment industry resides in an alternate reality and these younger actors are not that good in their craft at all and they have limited mental acuity as to what the audiences desire. Being PC is NOT it for sure. Originality and STICKING TO THE ORIGINAL themes are what is needed. It's time for the film industry to go BACK TO THE PAST, not the future, in terms of maintaining TRADITION and ORIGINALITY, or else they can keep underperforming with big budget films time and time again.
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:I hope none of future Potter installments suffer The Phantom Menace syndrome like The Hobbit did.
I LOVE the HP films FBF, LOVE them :!: IF they make new films and have different ethnicities recast into the original roles it will BOMB at the box office and I would not spend one penny to see them :!:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:I hope none of future Potter installments suffer The Phantom Menace syndrome like The Hobbit did.
I LOVE the HP films FBF, LOVE them :!: IF they make new films and have different ethnicities recast into the original roles it will BOMB at the box office and I would not spend one penny to see them :!:
I just want the possible Cursed Child adaptation to receive the same critical reception as Deathly Hallows 2. However, as long as the original film cast returns, I'm good.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Correct! The ORIGINAL cast members MUST return FBF :!:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Kristatos wrote:Can't see it in England.
Thank you guys for checking I've spent hours working on this problem. No idea why but people in certain parts of the world are directed to the wrong IP my problem explaining it to the tech team is our host in in the part of the world where everything looks fine.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Was at Barnes & Noble and it was all Harry Potter-decorated for tonight(BTW my dad, Harry Potter and JK Rowling all have the same birthday-July 31st!)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Correct! The ORIGINAL cast members MUST return FBF :!:
But the story is set many years after the events of DH2, when Harry, Ron and Hermione are all middle aged. That means that they would have to either wait until the actors are the same age as the characters, or try to age them up with prosthetics. They didn't do too good a job of the latter in the epilogue of DH2 as I recall.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:
I just want the possible Cursed Child adaptation to receive the same critical reception as Deathly Hallows 2. However, as long as the original film cast returns, I'm good.
I doubt they do will a movie adaptation of Cursed Child. They choose to do it as a play and I think it's only going to be a play.
Last edited by Veronica on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Guess who’s backing Idris’ casting as the next James Bond? No one other than Steven Spielberg!

The Hollywood director expressed his approval of Idris in an interview with British publication Express, where he said:

“I think Idris would be my first choice of Bond if Daniel decides not to come back.”--------this is why Hollywood is a joke :!: Clueless!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote: I doubt they do will a movie adaptation of Cursed Child. They choosed to do it as a play and I think it's only going to be a play.
It's a novel as well, I think. I bet Warner Bros would love to do a movie adaptation, but they'd probably want the original cast back, which may be a problem, for the reasons I mentioned above.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:Guess who’s backing Idris’ casting as the next James Bond? No one other than Steven Spielberg!

The Hollywood director expressed his approval of Idris in an interview with British publication Express, where he said:

“I think Idris would be my first choice of Bond if Daniel decides not to come back.”--------this is why Hollywood is a joke :!: Clueless!
I am so sick of this PC crap that is now "the thing" in Hollywood. What's going to be next? Black Anna Karenina? If they think it's racist there's no major character that's black in Hollywood then they should create new characters,new franchises with characters that are imagined black in the first place. Bond is written as white,as an Englishman.
That's one of the essential parts about him. All in all it just shows how people in Hollywood aren't in touch with reality.
Do you think a woman/man who works from 9 to 5 thinks how it's oh so racist that no black actor or actress has been nominated for Oscar this year?
They have real life problems to deal with. Someone like Jada Smith who doesn't have to worry about bills or anything other people worry about can spout about Oscars being "so white" and saying she will boycott the Oscars. But like Chris Rock said:" That's like me boycotting Rihanna's panties. I wasn't invited." :lol:
And the part "if Craig decides not to come back."
Decides? He should't have the right to decide for crying out loud we all know what he said. It also shows all those acclaimed directors simply love Craig for being all "serious","character" type of actor.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote:Was at Barnes & Noble and it was all Harry Potter-decorated for tonight(BTW my dad, Harry Potter and JK Rowling all have the same birthday-July 31st!)
Did you buy a copy MP?
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote:
kater23 wrote:Was at Barnes & Noble and it was all Harry Potter-decorated for tonight(BTW my dad, Harry Potter and JK Rowling all have the same birthday-July 31st!)
Did you buy a copy MP?
Nope..Probably will at some point though..was at Barnes & Noble to get a book to read when I go to Hawaii next week(the 9th) :up: :up: :up:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Ghostbusters is down to 7th place finished 5th last week. $107 million it's pretty much done and not doing well over seas, but I dunno if it's opened everywhere yet.

Bourne did ok with$60 million but Bourne has never done bond #s yet for some reason bond had to reboot to copy Bourne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:
bjmdds wrote:
Did you buy a copy MP?
Nope..Probably will at some point though..was at Barnes & Noble to get a book to read when I go to Hawaii next week(the 9th) :up: :up: :up:
wow! Hawaii! Do you work for a travel company? You've always got great trips planned.

Happy birthday to your dad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007: