The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by ml94 »

Kristatos wrote:I think he's too old now. He should have been cast in 2006.
Born 1968 (like cregg)...
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

SAM WORTHINGTON (29) would have been SOLID choice back then, like ALEX O'LOUGHLIN (29)...29 is not too young (ROOKIE JAMES BOND) (cavill) or too old (craig)...
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Who is Sam smith ? I can't place him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:Who is Sam smith ? I can't place him

Isn't he a singer?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Veronica wrote:
Omega wrote:Who is Sam smith ? I can't place him

Isn't he a singer?
he supposed to be a male adel who is singing the spectre theme

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I don't think I've heard him

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:I don't think I've heard him

I searched his name on Spotify and his biggest hit is called Stay With Me. If it's the song I'm thinking of, I now know who he is.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I don't think he's that good of a choice really.Maybe the song will be good,we'll see.
I now read its going to be called "Writings on the Wall"...are they reffering to that scene that is in the trailer?
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Sam Smith is the female Adele. He'll turn in another bland dirge. :evil: Shows that Eon are trying to repeat the success of Skyfall by copying it.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Veronica wrote:I don't think he's that good of a choice really.Maybe the song will be good,we'll see.
I now read its going to be called "Writings on the Wall"...are they reffering to that scene that is in the trailer?
The song title is most likely a reference to the trailer, although I have a different interpretation of it. :wink:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Veronica wrote:I don't think he's that good of a choice really.Maybe the song will be good,we'll see.
The song title is most likely a reference to the trailer, although I have a different interpretation of it. :wink:
And what's that interpretation? :)
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Veronica wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:
And what's that interpretation? :)
I, and most people here, could see the writing on the wall with the casting of Craig and rebooting the series with a soap opera storyline that is going nowhere fast.
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I just heard the Sam Smith news. Why wont people just realise that his music is incredibly bland? On the bright side, at least it is not Ed Sheeran.

Also, the Live and Let Die poster. Why reboot the series if you are going to refer to the past films? Doesn't that make the whole reboot pointless?
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The track — titled "Writing's On the Wall" — was recorded in January but kept secret until now. YAWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN. I'd rather listen to this song, which will describe the audience's reaction to ECH-TRE: [video][/video] :cheers:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I'd rather listen to this: [video][/video]
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Writing's On The Wall. Pierce said this to Q in GE.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

And No Escape's gross is now at $20 million.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

FormerBondFan wrote:Writing's On The Wall. Pierce said this to Q in GE.
I forgot about that. Is this another GE reference like in Skyfall? Not that it was a good reference...
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Sam Smith is a very good musician and I am sad he is wasted on this crap.
ON the other hand, it's still good publicity for him , so I think he is genuinely happy regardless, especially reading what he had to say about it on Twitter.

We can have my brother do the theme song for when Bond gets back to what it is. My brother is a jazz guitarist, his first record that he released earlier this summer was just played on major national radio here for a week (yes, proud sister).

In other news, I was amused by Czech tennis player Tomas Berdych, who was interviewed by Eurosport at US Open and he was asked who he would want to play him in a biopic. He said and I quote "I am a very big Bond fan, and I recently met Pierce Brosnan (he met him and took a selfie and was ALL happy about it), so I'd definitely say Pierce Brosnan." He also met Michael Caine but quite obviously his love for Bond and the REAL Bond days superseded his admiration for Caine. Berdych is a big spy genre fan.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Jimmy Fallon appeals to childish humor and is unimpressive. Colbert stunk last night on his debut as host of The Late show. Jimmy Kimmel is not funny...........therefore,------- Tribune Media’s Antenna TV, the multicast digital channel devoted to vintage television shows, will run full-length episodes of “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson” nightly at 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT starting Jan. 1.

Antenna TV has struck a multi-year deal with Carson Entertainment Group to license hundreds of hours of the NBC late-night institution. Antenna will run episodes that aired from 1972 through the end of Carson’s 30-year reign in 1992. Because NBC owns the rights to “The Tonight Show” moniker, Antenna TV’s episodes will be billed simply as “Johnny Carson.”

“This is not a clip show. This is full episodes of Johnny Carson, the man that everyone in late-night agrees was the greatest host of all time, airing in real time as he did back in the day,” Sean Compton, Tribune’s president of strategic programming and acquisitions, told Variety. “Tuning in to ‘The Tonight Show’ is like taking a walk down Main Street in Disneyland. The minute you step in there, you feel good and you know it’s a place you want to stay. We cannot wait to bring this show to fans who remember Carson and to a new generation of viewers who have never had the chance to see Johnny in his prime.” ............(I believe this will draw away audience from the current 3 nitwits, as people once again can see the master of late night tv on free tv nightly :!: :cheers:)