The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Lucy doing as well as it is might be a good sign for November Man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
What is Lucy? I had never heard of it before this weekend.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Scarlet johansson movie by luc besson one of those we only use 10% of our brain what if someone could evolve to use 100% stories. The trailer look interesting not interesting enough so I didn't consider seeing it. But it is a rated R low budget movie like NM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

I emailed the November Man trailer to some friends and they all liked what they saw and plan on seeing it and comparing it to Brosnan's Bond days.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Luciano Sovena, the president of the Lazio Film Commission, revealed he has spoken to the franchise's producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson about shooting a car chase through the streets of Rome. "I met the producers of the Bond series, Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson, and we discussed the project," he said.

"One of the key scenes, among the most spectacular in the film, will be a car chase in Via Quattro Fontane. I'm already excited."

He said the shoot has been scheduled to begin at the end of the year, once the paperwork is completed.

"I hope that the city streamlines the procedures for the granting of permits. It would be a shame to miss this great opportunity because of the bureaucracy."
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:I emailed the November Man trailer to some friends and they all liked what they saw and plan on seeing it and comparing it to Brosnan's Bond days.
Everything Pierce did after GE either get not-so-good reviews or went under radar (even those with excellent reviews). Let's hope NM will break the mold.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

He got high praise for ghost writer
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The trailer looks great a little Bourneish but it reminded me more of the last 3 bond which also imitated Bourne I guess.

One thing is Brosnan just from the trailer is some you know you are going to cheer for. The CIA killer is more Bourne like to me he'd make a better bond than Craig.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:He got high praise for ghost writer
But still it went under radar just like all of his great films he did after GE. The Thomas Crown Affair came close to be out of radar, but it only appeals to mature audiences.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:The trailer looks great a little Bourneish but it reminded me more of the last 3 bond which also imitated Bourne I guess.

One thing is Brosnan just from the trailer is some you know you are going to cheer for. The CIA killer is more Bourne like to me he'd make a better bond than Craig.
NM makes Tim's Bond look like a relaxing gentleman.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Here ya go FBF! :)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Great positive buzz on the internet about this film. I hope it becomes at minimum, a trilogy.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Goldeneye wrote:Here ya go FBF! :)
That should be my avatar.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Great positive buzz on the internet about this film. I hope it becomes at minimum, a trilogy.
NM needs to become the BB of Pierce's career.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Get those reviews posted...... Zach Dennis, EnStars on Jul 28, 2014 10:41 AM EDT: Brosnan stars as Peter Devereaux, an extremely dangerous and highly trained ex-CIA agent who is lured out of quiet retirement on a very personal mission. He must protect valuable witness, Alice Fournier, (Olga Kurylenko), who could expose the truth behind a decades old conspiracy. He soon discovers this assignment makes him a target of his former friend and CIA protégé David Mason (Luke Bracey). With growing suspicions of a mole in the agency, there is no one Devereaux can trust, no rules and no holds barred.

The film clearly plays off of the James Bond past with Brosnan as he gives sly smiles and has very subtle conversations with another Bond alumnus, Kurylenko. But Brosnan had his moments as a very fun, action Bond and it looks like he could re-capture that and bring together a fun film. Only time will tell if Bond can bring in his loyal fans for this one.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This August, "re-Bond" with Pierce Brosnan in The November Man. Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I expect the bulk of the reviews will come on the release date, with maybe a few early reviews appearing the Tuesday or Wednesday beforehand. That's the usual pattern, anyway.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

That poster definitely looks more Bourne than Bond, the clothes, the pose, everything. :lol:

Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Maybe Pierce will excel more as a Bourne-ish vs. Bond-ish character now. :idea: The Rotten Tomatoes approval has risen from 86% to 90% that want to see November Man since the new trailer hit the internet. They have not placed it on tv yet so once they do, I expect the numbers to rise higher. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_november_man/ Where's FBF? You must like what you are seeing now :!: Cr-egg is out of work and Pierce has more news in the spy genre than Eon right now :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

November Man: First Image
– by ELI COLON –
Former James Bond Pierce Brosnan has had a relatively steady career since handing the keys to the 007 franchise over to Daniel Craig, but it looks like Brosnan is getting back into the spy world with the thriller “The November Man.”I have always enjoyed Brosnan’s 007 and wish he would have gotten a better send off than “Die Another Day.” However, with the franchise potential of this new series, Brosnan could find himself back in the saddle, joining the ranks of late aged action heroes like Liam Neeson.