The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

BoxOffice.com: Long Term Projections USA

TITLE OPENING WEEKEND CUMULATIVE
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 $148,000,000 $294,000,000
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey $137,000,000 $445,000,000
Skyfall $76,000,000 $216,000,000
Wreck-It Ralph $53,000,000 $175,000,000 (I think Wreck It Ralph will give Bond 23 a challenge for final totals. Mission:
Impossible - Ghost Protocol Domestic Total Gross: $209,397,903. I cannot see Bond 23 outdoing this fine MI:5 film in the USA given the great legs it had and the quicksand legs Bond 23 will have.)
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

My review is in the Skyfall thread. The cinema itself was terrible. Overcrowded, seats were very uncomfortable, people arriving late when the film started. I hate Odeon - never again!! Vue is far better.

6 of us went, only one us thought the film was just ok. 4 of us thought it was the best of all the Bond films (3 of them being die-hard Bond fans like me). My wife found the seats very uncomfortable so couldn't really concentrate on the movie, therefore we will be seeing it again next weekend. She likes Craig as Bond but thought he looked really old in this film facially.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Alessandra wrote:
Goldeneye, a question: are you watching Person of Interest? (SUPERB show, by the way). I ask because a picture with Michael Emerson as avatar and Site Admin underneath REEKS of Person of Interest :mrgreen:
No. I should check it out I liked Emerson in Lost. Someone asked who it is I guess they thought it might be from that show instead. Hmm. He's a Site Admin? Sounds like my life maybe I should try to get something for them using my life story :lol:

I forget how it all happened now back in the first year of the forum a few pictures were put up and said this is Carl, this is Blowers, this is GE mine happened to be Emerson. :mrgreen:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Are there any of our forum in the path of this frankenstorm?
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Goldeneye wrote:
Alessandra wrote:
Goldeneye, a question: are you watching Person of Interest? (SUPERB show, by the way). I ask because a picture with Michael Emerson as avatar and Site Admin underneath REEKS of Person of Interest :mrgreen:
No. I should check it out I liked Emerson in Lost. Someone asked who it is I guess they thought it might be from that show instead. Hmm. He's a Site Admin? Sounds like my life maybe I should try to get something for them using my life story :lol:

I forget how it all happened now back in the first year of the forum a few pictures were put up and said this is Carl, this is Blowers, this is GE mine happened to be Emerson. :mrgreen:
He is the ADMIN, but not simply of a site, but of something technological that has a LOT more power than a site ;) You really should check out Person of Interest. It's a superb TV show. And very appropriate for Bond fans.

Sweeney! Best Bond movie ever seems A TAD MUCH lol. Nobody can top Sean Connery, especially not Daniel Craig looking like an old man. But I'm glad you enjoyed the movie!
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Goldeneye wrote:Are there any of our forum in the path of this frankenstorm?
I am in DIRECT hit of it Monday-Wednesday in NYC.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Sweeney can you confirm the gunbarrel is in the wrong pace again?
............ :007:
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Omega wrote:Sweeney can you confirm the gunbarrel is in the wrong pace again?
The Gunbarrel is where it appears on your new posts....... :wink:

However, given the context of how it appears at the end, and what comes straight after it (I won't spoi it for anyone here who may actually go and see the film) it surprisingly worked. I understood why they put it at the end for this one, but will be annoyed as hell if it doesn't appear at the beginning of the next one.

Skyfall is a lot like TDKR. It comes full circle, and in a way reboots the franchise more than CR did.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I disagree that nobody can top Connery, becuase Dalton did. 8) But I do think SF is average Bond. Best of the Craigs films so far, and that's all.

Also, in the showing I went to, people were allready out of their seats by the time the gunbarrel started. Take from that what you will.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:I disagree that nobody can top Connery, becuase Dalton did. 8) But I do think SF is average Bond. Best of the Craigs films so far, and that's all.

Also, in the showing I went to, people were allready out of their seats by the time the gunbarrel started. Take from that what you will.
I've been hearing a lot of people saying that the last part of the film just drags on for a little too long, which could perhaps explain why some people were in a hurry to leave.
katied

Post by katied »

BJ, hopefully you weather the storm(hey,someone had to make the joke) though they're talking like this is a once-in-a-century type of thing.Maybe the Mayans are are right.Or Al Gore.Not sure which. :mrgreen:
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

So far at My local multiplex There haven't been any big qeues for Skyfall. And I too agee the Scottish
Bit does drag a Bit.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Thunderpussy wrote:So far at My local multiplex There haven't been any big qeues for Skyfall. And I too agee the Scottish
Bit does drag a Bit.
Just been trying to book tickets for tonight at the Vue in Portsmouth, which are showing Skyfall every 15 minutes in different cinemas, and all sold out. I managed to get 2 seats for 22:15.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Anyone (in the UK) see the irony a film called skyfall is released last night and this morning (the weather) sky really does fall (really, cold scattered showers, hale stones, some snow and some gale force winds in some areas).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I've booked my Skyfall tickets for Hell when it freezes over. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

carl stromberg wrote:I've booked my Skyfall tickets for Hell when it freezes over. :wink:
I also booked tickets...

for the hobbit :cheers: ( well nobody does it better) :wink: .
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Anyone seen first day Box Office numbers yet?
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Mazer Rackham wrote:Anyone seen first day Box Office numbers yet?
Not yet. How's it looking Mazer?
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

The Sweeney wrote:
Mazer Rackham wrote:Anyone seen first day Box Office numbers yet?
Not yet. How's it looking Mazer?
No idea yet mate. Most are assuming a third increase. Either right on the money or too optimistic. Its the Uk, its Bond, it's hard to say. Natural to assume a increase but only with the same attendance levels .

I got Craig's previous numbers charted looking for some idea where this one will place.Tomorrow there will be PR with the estimated numbers I was hoping someone had leaked yesterdays numbers.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Taken 2 will not die!!! Could Atlas looks like it sucks, making it this year award winner sweeping all the categories. :lol: :lol: Although I think Lincoln will be the one to beat this year.

Weekend estimates based on friday .
1. Argo (Warner Bros) Week 3 [Runs 2,855] R
Friday $3.9M (-22%), Weekend $13.2M, Cume $61.7M

2. Silent Hill: Revelation 3D (Open Road) New [Runs 2,933] R
Friday $3.5M, Weekend $9.4M, Cume $10.4M

3. Cloud Atlas (Warner Bros) Warner Bros NEW [Runs 2,008] R
Friday $3.4M, Weekend $10.2M

4. Paranormal Activity 4 (Paramount) Week 2 [Runs 3,412] R
Friday $3.1M (-79%), Weekend $9.1M, Cume $43.0M

5. Taken 2 (Fox) Week 4 [Runs 2,995] PG13
Friday $2.6M, Weekend $8.2M, Cume $117.6M
............ :007: