The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

shaken not stirred wrote:
oscartheman wrote:The last 2 Person of Interest were very good.If TV can be this good why is Bond so terrible?
To sum it up without typing it, ImageImage Image

:cheers:
Shaken knows how to stir it up good :!: :cheers:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Blowfeld wrote:What is going on with The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo? I just saw Sony is hoping mad The New Yorker is breaking Sony's 'embargo'
It was a positive to mixed review, so what is the problem are they expecting a bunch of bad reviews? :shock:
Denby's review won't be online until Monday morning, but New York Post film critic Lou Lumenick has said it's "positive to mixed" with special notice given to star Rooney Mara. "You can't take your eyes off Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander," Lumenick quotes Denby as writing.

The issue for Sony is now trying to control the remainder of critics who have seen 'Dragon Tattoo' already. Andre Caraco, the executive vice president of Sony Pictures publicity, wrote the aforementioned email to critics on Sunday morning and promised repercussions for not only the New Yorker, but any other critics who break the embargo.
"This is a bleak but mesmerizing piece of filmmaking; it offers a glancing, chilled view of a world in which brief moments of loyalty flicker between repeated acts of betrayal.''

Denby has problems with the source novel: "At heart, of course, the material is pulpy and sensational...There are certainly lurid moments, but I wouldn't say that Fincher exploits the material.''

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/movies/os ... 7X8e73HHI/
This is how the studios buy off the critics and how Cr-egghead gets idolized for poor performances as Bond.........money talks..........pockets get lined.........then the shoe drops after seeing the piles of rubbish and the box office suffers. Expect The Gar-goyle With The Rat-Ta-Tooied Beast Of A Boyfriend to under perform here compared the the R rated Immortals. The green vegetable probably has a hand in these critics payoffs of other DC films as well. For someone who accepted the Bond role so matter-of-factly, it is ironic that this role is his ONLY claim to fame, for he is a legend in his own mind. :^o):
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

This embargo hooey is bad policy, the only thing Sony crying about it now does is highlight how cozy the industry is with supposed independent reviewers. Sony wanted an award but didn't want the people who might give them the award to write reviews early.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Mazer Rackham wrote:This embargo hooey is bad policy, the only thing Sony crying about it now does is highlight how cozy the industry is with supposed independent reviewers. Sony wanted an award but didn't want the people who might give them the award to write reviews early.
That's exactly what it is. They truly are idiots though. Who is so effing stupid as to send an EMAIL around which you KNOW someone will leak so you will look for what you are? Just... :lol: It's exactly like you said Mazer... since they want an award they don't want to look like they oiled the machine (let's put it that way) in order for it to happen, so sent out threatening emails about the embargo, except this underlines EXACTLY what they have done. Morons.

Kermit in a tux! I'll take him as Bond! :lol: I LOVE Kermit! :D
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Steven Spielberg in this week’s Entertainment Weekly gave Indy-lovers a reason to be quite optimistic. The busy Oscar-winning director mostly talked about his two upcoming movies, “War Horse,” and “The Adventures of Tintin,” along with “Lincoln,” the historical biopic he’s currently shooting with Daniel Day-Lewis. But he touched on the Indiana Jones legacy and plans for yet another film.

Spielberg insisted that he was very proud of “Crystal Skull” despite telling an audience at a recent 30th anniversary screening of “Raiders of the Lost Ark” that he knows he burned bridges with that film. “It’s public that George and I and Harrison all had a clash about genre and concept,” Spielberg recounted. “But I’ve always told George’s stories…I am best friends with George and I am very obedient to the stories he writes.” It’s well known that one of those clashes involved extra-terrestrials. The director of "E.T." was vocal about not wanting to include aliens in the film. “I’ll fight for things I don’t believe in,” he said, “but ultimately, if George wants to bring inter-dimensional beings into ‘Crystal Skull,’ I will do the best job I possibly can to acquit George’s idea and make him proud.”
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Steven Spielberg in this week’s Entertainment Weekly gave Indy-lovers a reason to be quite optimistic. The busy Oscar-winning director mostly talked about his two upcoming movies, “War Horse,” and “The Adventures of Tintin,” along with “Lincoln,” the historical biopic he’s currently shooting with Daniel Day-Lewis. But he touched on the Indiana Jones legacy and plans for yet another film.

Spielberg insisted that he was very proud of “Crystal Skull” despite telling an audience at a recent 30th anniversary screening of “Raiders of the Lost Ark” that he knows he burned bridges with that film. “It’s public that George and I and Harrison all had a clash about genre and concept,” Spielberg recounted. “But I’ve always told George’s stories…I am best friends with George and I am very obedient to the stories he writes.” It’s well known that one of those clashes involved extra-terrestrials. The director of "E.T." was vocal about not wanting to include aliens in the film. “I’ll fight for things I don’t believe in,” he said, “but ultimately, if George wants to bring inter-dimensional beings into ‘Crystal Skull,’ I will do the best job I possibly can to acquit George’s idea and make him proud.”
So George Lucas was behind ruining Indian Jones too! :evil: :007:
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Come on Xbox! Were is my update!

Nobody else cares I bet but I've been waiting all day for the promised update.
............ :007:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Image..Watch out evil doers I'm on top of a very tall building...possibly even taller than that one batman sometimes stands on at night...except I don't do stunts...guns...and don't know how to drive a manual...but otherwise I'm sure I've got this all down pat..now how the bloody hell do I get down..you know how beeping high up I am..high enough to make this look :x ..yeah that one...it can kill sheep from a 100 yards (or so I've been told) I call it the stare from a very high building or in babs words le stare from a very high building fantastique..yeah remember that.

Going from this pic craig should be playing julius ceasar (or cregus ceasar or julius creggus :P)..hang on a sec Image

Gone to the dark side, bond has hmmm Image

Much fail it brings...hmm...if skyfall my ass don't wanna be here when it fall hmm....much dread has babs brought over this franchise hmmmm.

Image You are tearing Me apart skyfall, brocolli and cregg.

Spielberg insisted that he was very proud of “Crystal Skull”

Image Hah hah...what a story steven spielberg.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

From the Look of Old Danny boy, we might be in for the First Zombie Bond Film. :lol:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Thunderpussy wrote:From the Look of Old Danny boy, we might be in for the First Zombie Bond Film. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Good Lord :shock: he looks awful in that photo. Downright ugly. And scary, and not in a good way (as in threatening Bond) but in a ghost-like way like you said. I can't believe this dude is playing James Bond. That looks like a henchman at best. My goodness! :shock:
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ale, what is missing from the cruciferous one's 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' mindset? Tell me a rational response. What's that? You cannot? What is going here with greeny? I just don't get it. :shock:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

bjmdds wrote:Ale, what is missing from the cruciferous one's 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' mindset? Tell me a rational response. What's that? You cannot? What is going here with greeny? I just don't get it. :shock:
:shock: I've heard regular women (NOT my friends, let it be clear, we have far higher requirements for men :lol:) say they find him sexy (not attractive though, but sexy). Some have always had the taste for horror I guess. And I mean no disrespect at all for them or him, this is just an objective stance, there are canons for beauty and handsomeness and he meets none of those. Sexy is definitely in the eye of the beholder. Some guys my friends dated I would never have gotten past the 10 foot distance between me and them :lol: But James Bond is supposed to be HANDSOME and sexy, not just sexy. So in any case the cruciferous one is wrong and just imposing her way because I'm guessing she, like those women, finds him "sexy". Again, not enough to be James Bond regardless. And there is NO way anyone can sustain the thesis that he is handsome. No. Not different handsome, not "rugged" handsome because like my friend Cindy said he isn't rugged, "He's more craggy than rugged". He is just NOT handsome, the end. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder just and only up until a certain point and there are required canons of symmetry and proportion to meet (I'm talking classic beauty canons here, not the modern "he's got tattoos and a nice ass" canons :lol:) in order to define someone handsome. Craig doesn't meet them, it's as simple as that. Of course some won't care and they will still find him sexy, but my point is, that's still NOT enough to be cast as James Bond.

That photo really has me :shock:
"Are we on coms?"
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

This might make a good avatar :) :twisted:

Hard to believe how awful he looks on set. Unless they are going to CIG his whole face (Tintin) it makes no sence
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
buffybond
Lieutenant

Post by buffybond »

Old man Dan looks like Frankenstiens creature and this is him ONSET unbelievable.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Blowfeld wrote:Image

Hard to believe how awful he looks on set. Unless they are going to CIG his whole face (Tintin) it makes no sence
No DC mug allowed in this forum unless it's Star Trek related.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

We are all FBFs.
Gala Brand
Lieutenant

Post by Gala Brand »

Blowfeld wrote:Image

I think he rather resembles Hoagy Carmichael, don't you?
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Will piefall do better than quanderp of boris

:lol:
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »