The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Thunderpussy »

By the way Alessandra, have you abandoned AJB. Or given up trying. :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

English Agent wrote:
James wrote:Graham Rye on Twitter:

'Ben Whishaw as Q? They must be [censored] joking! SkyFall is beginning to sound much TOO clever for its own good! 'Classic Bond' I think not.'
Is this Graham Rye who runs the James Bond International fan club? IF so he is a good guy, and has stuck by Bond during the bad times as well, i used to belong to the Bond fan club he ran, and he produces some excellent Bond magazines.

He knows Bond inside out.....................i remember him giving QOS a 1 out of 10 for his review for that film. When i read that, i knew we will in for a dud of a film!

After diverting away from the usual Bond ingredients in the last film in particular, EON seem to be trying to throwing them all back into the new film, but in a very mixed up sort of way!
I had thought they would leave those elements out until Craig was gone. There was no reason not to have them in CR except they thought both charterers were beneath the new Bond. Throwing them back in now does not make sense, I agree it does sound like they are trying to be too clever.

Is this the same guy who sued MI6? I kind of like his style :twisted: We know how it is at those other places so having a guy knock the silly grin off their faces is cool.
............ :007:
katied

Post by katied »

Yeah,that's the same guy that sued MI6. They needed to be taken down a peg(my feelings about MI6 are well known around here! :mrgreen: )
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:"I know this film isn't based on any of Ian Fleming's books, but still; what would Ian Fleming think about casting a black actress as Moneypenny? The character isn't someone you can reinvent. Casting the actress in a heroine/villain role would be more credible, but not this. I'm disappointed."
- Ian , Ballymoney, UK, 04/11/2011 17:32
Casting a black actress as Monepenny bothers me less than the prospect of MP being turned into a kick-ass action heroine. That's why I really hope this "Eve becomes Moneypenny" rumour turns out to be a load of Bamigboye.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It will go down something like this with Mendes: Eve is a field agent. She and Bond are attracted to each other. At the end of the mission M asks her to join her team BUT she cannot cavort sexually with any 00 agents as a prerequisite to the new job. Wonderful. Just wonderful. After 50 years of byplay between them, suddenly Bond meets Eve, aka the renamed Moneypenny, for the first time, and where you may ask? Why on a mission with Bond firing bazookas into terrorist's safe havens :!: Can the Fleming estate sue to stop this? Ms. B has lost her mind. Cavill may want no part of this and I fear DC will stay on unless she is terminated from her employment.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.

Post by Thunderpussy »

Moneypenny as a Field agent, :roll: Fu**ing Crazy.
I've just had the pleasure of watching Goldfinger and Thunderball almost back to back on ITV4
and can see on relation to the character played by S Connery to the Muscle bound Doorman, we're
supposed to believe is Bond today. :(
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Thunderpussy wrote:By the way Alessandra, have you abandoned AJB. Or given up trying. :lol:
I haven't abandoned or given up I just have NO TIME! :( I barely have time to post here and of course if I have a minute I post here, not there! :D
Casting a black actress as Monepenny bothers me less than the prospect of MP being turned into a kick-ass action heroine. That's why I really hope this "Eve becomes Moneypenny" rumour turns out to be a load of Bamigboye.
I think you are right and it's just an unsubstantiated rumor. I remember at the presser they were very clear about her NOT being Moneypenny. It's most likely as you said, some of my colleagues REFUSE to admit they were WRONG and fed FALSE info to the readers. Ugh, I hate people who do that.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You have to learn to relax a bit too Ms. Bouvier. Too much work is not good either. You need to sip cocktails on Lake Como http://www.wallpapertime.com/wallpapers ... 0x1024.jpg too and think of all of the ways DC can be thrown out of work. :lol:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Thunderpussy wrote:Moneypenny as a Field agent, :roll: Fu**ing Crazy.
I've just had the pleasure of watching Goldfinger and Thunderball almost back to back on ITV4
and can see on relation to the character played by S Connery to the Muscle bound Doorman, we're
It is strange to think that some suggested that Craig looks like Connery's Bond a few years back! Connery is tall, dark, lean, charming and handsome: i.e Bond.
Bring back Bond!
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

Mabey for Moneypenny, they'll explain the name Eve as her Cover name like Mathis, :( ( truly wonderful writing )
I don't have a problem with Moneypenny being Black, so long as they keep her character as written, and don't
decided to make her all action/streetwise ( as they did with Jinx)
Still they way things are going with Eon, who knows what steaming pile of Cr*p they'll put out. From reading some
posts on other forums, some people will accept anything and think it's a great idea.
Haggared, grey haired, scruff bearded Bond, Brilliant very realistic
Kid playing Q, Brilliant gives a new dynamic to their relationship
Keeping the movies serious, No humor at all. GREAT
Cutting back on the action sequences, Fantastic, leaves more time for scenes with M and the london office.
As I posted before it's as if no one ever watched the likes of Goldfinger, Thunderball etc to see how far from not only the Movies
But from Fleming's Character they've moved.
D Craig's Bond is now just an aging Jason Bourne, Infact at one point ( on many forums ) Liam Neeson was suggest as a Possible Bond But
Usually rejected as Being too Old. Well he now looks like a student compared to D Craig.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

carl stromberg wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:Moneypenny as a Field agent, :roll: Fu**ing Crazy.
It is strange to think that some suggested that Craig looks like Connery's Bond a few years back! Connery is tall, dark, lean, charming and handsome: i.e Bond.
Some of those people still believe that and refuse to believe they're wrong, connery looked like bond what does cregg look like beeping jeremy kyle, both have no class, speak down to others and think they're the best thing their, I can't wait to see cryfail fall on it's ass and cregg and that stupid turnip barbs with it, first you screw up bond beyond definition, then you put him in drag, now they've had the balls to make q which in title alone means a much higher rank and a lot older younger than bond and made moneypenny a goddamn bloody agent...whatever the hell eons smoking I want some of it because they clearly don't know what the hell they're even looking at, why not give the villain super powers next, have bond talk about truth, justice (wait that's superman).

You will crash and burn babs and I can't wait for that day, take your doorstop, spineless artsy cregg with you, bring in Nolan and another great developer, bring in Caville or Jackman and save this franchise before it's too late.

Watching goldfinger yesterday, from russia with love and the other classic bonds makes you realise just how badly the real bond really is missed, bond needs to go back to it's escapism, that's why we loved it so much in the first place, not to see a realistic gritty bond, you don't make spies realistic, if mission impossible was realistic it would suck, bond making quips, beating villains, getting the bond women, stopping a war, or whatever against the evil orgaisation with his gadgets not just his fists, along with sneaking into places like a real spy can it's all gone, if there was a time machine I'd get brocolli back in an instant because like most of us he'd share the same opinion.

The bond franchise is now sparta (madness) and it needs someone to get it back before this chicken runs about without its head.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

bjmdds wrote:You have to learn to relax a bit too Ms. Bouvier. Too much work is not good either. You need to sip cocktails on Lake Como http://www.wallpapertime.com/wallpapers ... 0x1024.jpg too and think of all of the ways DC can be thrown out of work. :lol:
:lol: Please do NOT remind me that thug-looking non Bond dude ruined both Lake Como AND MY BACKYARD with his presence.. and I literally mean my backyard since I could almost hear them filming from my house for QoS. LOL By the way Lake Garda where I live is MUCH nicer than Lake Como, both climate-wise and from the point of view of panorama... it's the biggest lake in Italy and it looks a lot like seaside rather than just lake. Lemon and mandarin trees and all, it's a very peculiar area climate-wise for Northern Italy because it's much milder than the rest of northern Italy. What a bloody disaster they made of those sequences filmed around here and in such a beautiful area, not to mention the tragic circumstances when they filmed in Riva and Torbole, major accident and so on.

Re:Moneypenny I really DO THINK Kristatos is right, all those comments DO NOT COME from reputable sources at all and really do sound like a desperate attempt not to admit they were wrong on the reporters' part. At the press conference they clearly said Naomi Harris was going to be a field agent. I don't have a problem with Moneypenny being black at all, the skin color doesn't influence who she is. It's how she behaves and who she is that makes the difference. And Moneypenny can be no d**n field agent. That's IT.

Just for the record, I had a very pleasant chat quite a few times about the "could Bond be black" and "could such and such character" be black in a Bond movie on AJB with a lovely fan who is a black guy and he himself said there's no way Bond can ever be black because in his case being a "WASP" so to speak DOES define who he is, too. And while talking about other characters I think he did mention he wouldn't want Moneypenny to be black if at all possible... so this isn't a matter of one's ethnicity in terms of point of view, it's just a matter of how we as fans perceive Bond and the characters and most of all it's a matter of how Fleming wrote and described the characters. I wouldn't make Moneypeny black given the choice BUT it's true that her being black doesn't really change anything in terms of who the character is. It's the rest that does. Q for example could be black too... it's not his ethnicity, it's how he behaves and his AGE and RANK. Speaking of, I'd much rather have an age appropriate black Q than this white youngster who's playing him now and looks way more attractive than the current (non) Bond.
"Are we on coms?"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Alessandra wrote:Speaking of, I'd much rather have an age appropriate black Q than this white youngster who's playing him now and looks way more attractive than the current (non) Bond.
Morgan Freeman was basically Q in Chris Nolan's Batman films.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
Alessandra wrote:Speaking of, I'd much rather have an age appropriate black Q than this white youngster who's playing him now and looks way more attractive than the current (non) Bond.
And Chris' Batfilms are a lot more like Bond films DC's Bond will ever be.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:
Great example. Love Morgan Freeman! But because of the banter and the sarcastic replies I'd like to also see a polished Samuel Jackson as Q? LOL I could see him smacking Craig down. :lol: Anyway, either would be great and certainly a far more appropriate choice than the current one.
"Are we on coms?"
buffybond
Lieutenant

Post by buffybond »

One time a Bond films was associated with guns,gadgets and girls but with old man Dan its more like grime ,glum and grimace I mean everything about his films are so depressing.
It dawned on me this afternoon who Old man Dan reminds me of with that beard Catweazle, but I'm probaly the onlyone on this forum old enough to remember that tv programme.
So please all google it and I'm pretty sure you will agree.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

When you start changing Fleming's characters you lose credibility. I would not want Nicolas Cage to play Kananga in a reboot, nor have May Day played by Angelina Jolie, nor Rosie Carver played by Courtney Cox, nor MGW play Tee Hee . LEAVE the characters as they are already known and this now ridiculous timeline rebooting whereby we first meet Q and Moneypenny? Did you forget Dame Dench had several Bond films done with both Q and Moneypenny and now in film 23 M meets them for the first time :?: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: From Desmond Llewelyn to a boyish Q? This is sheer lunacy already. It's revisionistic blasphemy. What the heck are Sony and MGM thinking? I now HATE this stupid franchise. It is in perpetual limbo for me, and my timeline for the franchise dates back to DAD in 2002. FBF would agree I would bet. Until they fry the Broccoli I am done with this madness. SHE, and only SHE, is the problem and she is a Cr-eggaholic and cannot get him out of her system.
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

From bjmdds,
"When you start changing Fleming's characters you lose credibility. I would not want Nicolas Cage to play Kananga in a reboot, nor have May Day played by Angelina Jolie, nor Rosie played by Courtney Cox. LEAVE the characters as they are already known and this now ridiculous rebooting whereby we first meet Q and Moneypenny? Did you forget Dame Dench had several Bond films done with both Q and Moneypenny and now in film 23 M meets them for the first time From Desmond Llewellyn to a boyish Q? This is sheer lunacy already. It's revisionistic blasphemy. What the heck are Sony and MGM thinking? I now HATE this stupid franchise. It is in perpetual limbo for me and my timeline for the franchise dates back to DAD in 2002. FBF would agree I would bet. Until they fry the Broccoli I am done with this madness. SHE, and only SHE, is the problem and she is a Cr-eggaholic and cannot get him out of her system."

:cheers:
I too think I've reached the point of being Done with this franchise, The more I hear about SkyFail, the more I don't like. :x
This Bond is a Frankenstein version, thought up by a new age femminist who Obviously Hates the Idea of Fleming's Bond. Hence we
end up with Bond in Drag. Seriously can anyone imagine Cubby allowing Connery to Dress as a woman in the 60's. Getting In
Directors with no real experience in Action/Thrillers, all in a Desperate attempt to gain Credibility with the Looovies of the Movie
Industry she wants to Impress to prove what an artist she is.
They may gain a few fans for a few years but most will leave when they reinvent the Jason Bourne franchise or some other Flavour
of the month comes along, By then all us loyal long term fans will have no interest in the Travesty they produce. I really hope Skyfail Fails Bigtime.
So badly the series has to be sold off.
even stopping all together ( I never thought I'd ever say that) for a few years until someone else starts to make an entirely new unconnected
Series of Films.
As this might be the only way to get back to something of a traditional Bond Film.
The only movie I'm really excited about watching next year is the new Batman, which funnily enough I think of as closer to a Traditional
Bond film than the Sh*t Eon is putting out. :evil:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

buffybond wrote:One time a Bond films was associated with guns,gadgets and girls but with old man Dan its more like grime ,glum and grimace I mean everything about his films are so depressing.
It dawned on me this afternoon who Old man Dan reminds me of with that beard Catweazle, but I'm probaly the onlyone on this forum old enough to remember that tv programme.
So please all google it and I'm pretty sure you will agree.
Bahahahha :D I very vaguely remember this as I wasn't yet born when it was on air BUT still bahahah :D You are right, now it's grime, glum and grimace instead of guns, gadgets and girls... AND GLAMOUR.

Like I said, the physical appearance of Moneypenny and Q isn't that much of an issue other than Moneypenny obviously needing to be attractive, and Q needing to be OLDER than Bond, NOT YOUNGER. The Moneypenny thing though, once again, I think is NOT accurate at all, just and only fake gossip. The Q thing however seems definitely confirmed and that's just RIDICULOUS. No way no how. Not that I will complain about having something pretty to look at in the movie since DC is horrid... the problem here is it turns the character and the premise for the story upside down, so hell to the no. The upside of this is that if news keeps coming in with this type of direction, chances are they really are going to have a bad box office result in the end. People will go on opening day, but not beyond that.
"Are we on coms?"
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Alessandra wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Great example. Love Morgan Freeman! But because of the banter and the sarcastic replies I'd like to also see a polished Samuel Jackson as Q? LOL I could see him smacking Craig down. :lol: Anyway, either would be great and certainly a far more appropriate choice than the current one.
Q: Pay attention motherbeeper, in other words sit yo ass down bond and lisen to what I say..yes?
bond: Hmmm (mumbles)
q: I'm sorry....what?....did you just mumble at me 007...huh...cause if u did then I'm a have to go q on yo ass...so again listen to what I say..yes?
bond: (mumbles)
Q: Mumble isn't someplace i ever heard of, they speak english in mumble?
bond: huh
Q: english motherbeeper do you speak it?.
bond: yes
Q: Ooh, see you can speak huh...so pay some motherbeeping attention bond..I won't say it again...now dis motherbeeper here in these eyedrops aren't ordinary eyedrops....some motherbeeper comes at you with a knife you open that, throw it in their face and it dissolves like acid, motherf****s won't know what hit them...and (gets a word from one of his staff)....what...what you mean we have some motherbeeping snakes on that cargo plane, I've had it with those motherbeepers...scuse me bond got some d**n snakes on a plane to take care of brb (picks up flamethrower)..i'm a roast these motherbeepers with this
bond: whatever (mopes and walks off, q turns around)
Q: sit down motherbeeper we aint finished yet (points flamethrower at bond)
bond: ok I'm sorry (bond pisses himself)
Q: tha's better.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)