The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:I saw a new(to me) trailer for Tin Tin(before The Rum Diary(great movie-I'll post a review in the "Last Movie You Saw Thread"). The new trailer is a little better-but really, they should have done a live action version of it instead. And without Daniel Craig, obviously! :mrgreen:
I'm hearing a lot of good things about it from friends who have gone to see it. (edit: and Box Office Mojo reports that it has made an impressive $56 million worldwide in its opening weekend).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

As I said elsewhere,I enjoyed it, and having been to Puerto Rico(where it was filmed- a few scenes take place in St. Thomas-very close to Puerto Rico-though the whole movie was filmed in Puerto Rico,according to IMDB),I enjoyed seeing someplace I've been. 8)
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

I stayed at the EL San Juan hotel MP for 5 days 4 years ago.
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
katied

Post by katied »

If I could live anywhere else for a few months, I'd live in San Juan-everything is within walking or a short public transport ride distance away. It's so pretty there-very green. And, compared to a lot of the Caribbean, it's safe!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Grand Cayman I want you to try for a safe and quiet 7 mile beautiful beach. The USA X-factor is not watchable except for Melanie Amero. The host is sooooooo boring as are all 4 judges...........bring on Ale's favorite show The Voice:2 :!:
katied

Post by katied »

My brother and his wife went to the Caymans for their honeymoon 20 years ago and loved it. Grand Turk was nice too-great scuba diving! :up:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Stingray city boat tour, glass bottom boat ride, submarine ride, at 11:30pm the island shuts down and the music stops. The Firm was filmed in Grand Cayman.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

So shooting starts today and Daniel Craig has a snowy beard and a skinhead. Okey dokey. :|
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

James wrote:Image

So shooting starts today and Daniel Craig has a snowy beard and a skinhead. Okey dokey. :|

That haircut is so unflattering. Hopefully the slight beard will be gone soon.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

katied wrote:

That haircut is so unflattering. Hopefully the slight beard will be gone soon.
Cregg's starting to look like noel edmonds, now all we need is mr blobby to chase him on a train and throw some gunge at him :lol: , call it creggs ouse prty.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Craig look's like he is saying "I'd buy that for a dollar!" :twisted:

My favorite has to be the MGM responce to have you been cut back question, "DO we look like we are cutting abck"
translation "Yes we've been cut back so much it hurts!"
He can't answer it any other way, because if someone were to followup then everyone will know EON screwed the pooch with Quark.
But all the warning signs are all there -Bond must do whatever no matter the personal cost, the name Skyfall has a deeper meaning. Rubbish!

The name and logo are useless, they really can't seem to get the hang of it with Cubby gone.
Poor Dench looks tired of it all.

There is a theme song ready for them to use. :twisted:
[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Code: Select all

I had a dream I fell behind a hidden wall
Began to see a world through new eyes
I can't wake up I don't really want to figure out
What it means to rush right through this life

Upside down on a ceiling floor
I don't think I'll be coming back for more
Running blind into what I see
Not afraid to set it free
That's just the way it should be

[Chorus:]
When will the sky fall beneath us
Will we make sense of it all
I'm going through things in my mind we just hide behind
I'm not the only one

I took a turn and got stuck inside this played out scheme
A revolution underneath your blue sky
I'm underground so come around and upside down we will try
To look beyond ourselves so we both can survive

Flashback dropping in a state of bliss
Hooked up wishing but it doesn't really exist
I won't die in a dream that's dead
I'd rather take in the head
That's just the way it should be

[Chorus]

Well I don't know

Upside down on a ceiling floor
I know that I'll be coming back for more
I filter out through a faded screen
A Universe so obscene
Tell me now when it's time to cut free
We'd better start living better take another leap

[Chorus]
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

I could really use some Caribbean right now! In other news, even zap2it wrote about Bond title being Skyfall (really, what a lousy title).

The younger Bond girl is so out of place next to Craig it's just weird. And the other one just isn't Bond girl material.

Postby Mazer Rackham » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:06 pm
Craig look's like he is saying "I'd buy that for a dollar!" :twisted:
Image resized to : 78 % of its original size [ 482 x 512 ]

My favorite has to be the MGM responce to have you been cut back question, "DO we look like we are cutting abck"
translation "Yes we've been cut back so much it hurts!"
He can't answer it any other way, because if someone were to followup then everyone will know EON screwed the pooch with Quark.
But all the warning signs are all there -Bond must do whatever no matter the personal cost, the name Skyfall has a deeper meaning. Rubbish!

The name and logo are useless, they really can't seem to get the hang of it with Cubby gone.
Poor Dench looks tired of it all.

There is a theme song ready for them to use. :twisted:
I haven't bothered with the press conf, but the above is just hilarious :lol: I will watch it later when I have time (I should say IF I have time, ugh).

This looks like it's going to be exactly as we thought, and really, it doesn't sound ANY good from the point of view of a Bond movie. Generic emo drama movie with some action, yes, but not Bond. Whatever, really I can't even be bothered with these monkeys anymore. And Craig looks DREADFUL. Who the HELL told him to wear a dark blue shirt under a DARK GREY suit with a LIGHT GREY tie?!?!? WTF?! HORRID! not James Bond style AT ALL. He can't even combine colors appropriately! He looks like a mafia reject.

And BJ, I agree X Factor is incredibly boring.I like Marcus Canty and that other 59-year-old dude who sings beautifully but they are in such a context that it just cannot be interesting. The Voice will be back in February and it's SO much better. Coaches (not judges, coaches) are ACTUALLY successful singers, mega stars, AND they're LIVELY and FUNNY. They make the show just as much as those who sing. And not because they bicker but because they have fun. Just a different realm.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

When Craig was asked if he would continue in one of cinema's most recognisable roles for a few more years, Broccoli interjected and said: "Yes, definitely." A press release gave a brief plot outline, saying Bond's loyalty to M is tested "as her past comes back to haunt her.

"As MI6 (British intelligence) comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost."

NO "AUSTERITY" BOND

Mendes and his producers sought to reassure fans that tough economic conditions in the real world would not make the fictional exploits of the suave superspy any less spectacular.

"It, I think, has all the elements of a classic Bond movie, including, to quell any rumours, a lot of action," Mendes said.

Wilson added: "I think it's in the same (cost) range as the last film and we really haven't had to change anything in the script. We haven't had to sacrifice anything." Mendes spoke about the place of "Skyfall" among Craig's other work as Bond, clarifying that the new film will stand on its own and "not connect with the last two movies."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Listen to the green vegetable's comment and her hibernating brother's. Those comments define this mess.
buffybond
Lieutenant

Post by buffybond »

He looks like an ageing office lothario groping a couple of young secretarys.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

After looking at that odious, disgraceful picture above, I can honestly say, the ONLY role that could fit the above casting is the following: Cr-egg would be perfect in this role as the bell ringer of Notre Dame. It appears that Skyfall has an anti-UK secret service theme, ala the ending in the last Bourne film, thusly bringing in Finney to reprise his role as the evil government official. What a pile of ---- :!:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

bjmdds wrote:After looking at that odious, disgraceful picture above, I can honestly say, the ONLY role that could fit the above casting is the following: Cr-egg would be perfect in this role as the bell ringer of Notre Dame. It appears that Skyfall has an anti-UK secret service theme, ala the ending in the last Bourne film, thusly bringing in Finney to reprise his role as the evil government official. What a pile of ---- :!:
Bourne again?, My catchphrase eyyawwn really does fit them now, what's gonna be bonds turmoil in this film?, he can't find the right shoe polish for his shoes, in the words of the legendary Desmond Llewellyn do grow up 007.

Fbf have you sent any invitations to carrot top yet I can see him becoming a regular any minute now.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The bint in the red dress looks taller than DC. He'll have to wear his special shoes.
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

DC belongs on the tv show, THE BIGGEST LOSER, not because of weight, but because of character. :happy spin: Berenice's skin will crawl kissing the lummox :!: http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/asset ... ig-240.jpg
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The raven-haired beauty will play "a glamorous, enigmatic character" named Severine opposite Daniel Craig, who's confirmed to reprise his role for the third time.

Marlohe -- a French model and actress with mostly French television credits on her resume so far -- sizzled at Thursday's press conference in a red-hot, skin-tight gown designed by Antonio Berardi. "It's great," Marlohe told the Daily Mail of the frock. "I feel very sexy in it."

Another stunner to sizzle alongside Craig, 43, is British actress Naomie Harris, who will play a field agent named "Eve." {I guess NO Moneypenny unless they call her Eve Moneypenny and further desecrate and ruin this franchise.}