The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by English Agent »

Evening all.................i knew my comments would get a response!

As we have discussed QOS too death, and we don't have any news on the upcoming Bond 23.........i have another question.

It may be too early, and can probably be only answered by the admin staff here.

But, it regards this site..........obviously sometime during this decade, we don't know when yet, but DC will relinguish his role as Bond.
As this site is called 'DanielCraigisnotBond' then the name wil become true, but not applicable in the future.
Do people here think that when this happens, the site will change name and become a more general Bond discussion site, such as 'MI6 or ' CommanderBond........or do you think it will be renamed 'HomerSimpson' is not Bond!

Blimey, you've done it now EA :)
Last edited by English Agent on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bond77

Post by Bond77 »

English Agent wrote:Evening all.................i knew my comments would get a response!

As we have discussed QOS too death, and we don't have any news on the upcoming Bond 23.........i have another question.

But, it regards this site..........obviously sometime during this decade, we don't know when yet, but DC will relinguish his role as Bond.
As this site is called 'DanielCraigisnotBond' then the name wil become true, but not applicable.
Do people here think that when this happens, the site will change name and become a more general Bond discussion site, such as 'MI6 or ' CommanderBond........or do you think it will be renamed 'HomerSimpson' is not Bond!

I think barbarabroccoliisnotcubby.com would be a good domain name. It also points to the crux of the problem.
English Agent

Post by English Agent »

bjmdds wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Sweene, do you accept Cavill as the 7th 007 and would you admit he is 100% the correct look for Bond vs. your idol Cr-egg?
Cr-egg.... :lol:

Sorry BJ. That still cracks me up. Your last few posts have made me chuckle.

Yes, I would accept Cavill in the role. To be honest, I'd accept any actor in the role as Bond. The only issue/beef I really have is with the movie itself. I didn't like Brozza's 4 movies, that wasn't personally towards Brozza himself. I just didn't like the movies he played in. Stick Brozza in CR, and I would have still loved it.

I guess this is where we differ on our opinions. I get more annoyed with EON regarding the movie they make, rather than the actor playing him. It still irks me that Craig has blonde hair, when Bond really should be dark. I originally thought he was miscast in the role, but I was won over because I loved CR so much. Craig brought an essence to the part which reminded me of Bond from the books, but visually he is still not what I imagine Bond to look like from the novels....there again, none of the actors who played Bond really fit what I imagine in the books.....maybe that is because I imagine myself in the role. :P

That was actually Fleming's secret to the literary success, I think. He kept the description fairly vague throughout, and made the reader see the world through Bond's eyes, so the reader became Bond.
Fun is the reason for being here Sweeney and I hope New Delhi is not too hot for you and your mrs. Will the UK ever see you back? Books are books. Once Connery set the visual screen image the mold was cast. Lazenby actually looked like Connery to an extent, but could not complete a second film. He was not awful in the role. The script was lame to me, but Georgie did look the part.
I personally enjoyed Lazenby as Bond, even if his performance was a bit wooden in some scenes i thought he did a very good job. If he had continued as Bond, his acting would only of got better........it was a crying shame that he was so naive and arrogant at the time.........and he listened to his manager who was a complete 'a.......hole'

EA
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

English Agent wrote: As this site is called 'DanielCraigisnotBond' then the name wil become true, but not applicable in the future.
We've talked about this and it depends. If the next actor to play Bond is as unsuitable as Craig, we may name it "x is not Bond" or something more general like "classicbond.com". If someone like Cavill, who most of us are happy with, gets the nod, it's hard to tell. Somebody suggested "danielcraigwasnotbond.com".
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

English Agent wrote:Evening all.................i knew my comments would get a response!

As this site is called 'DanielCraigisnotBond' then the name wil become true, but not applicable in the future.

EA. Where are your thoughts here? MI6 and Cb.net are "general" Bond sites? Are you kidding? There is such animus there for any contrary Cr-egg thought that once a poster is deemed anti-eggster, they are villified, mocked, attacked, and basically shown the door! Once again, contrary thoughts here that are not in a nasty derogatory tone are always welcome. That is NOT the case on the two sites you just mentioned. General Bond discussions are what actually takes place on this thread every single day. The casting of a loser spawned this site. The continuation of this site will go on long after the mistake will be corrected.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

bjmdds wrote:Hideous Baboon? Put it this way EA, if Cr-egg was in a Tarzan remake he would NOT be playing the role of one of the humans! His Neanderthalic persona fits better with the jungle elements rather than the human elements, for sure. To even consider Cr-egg as an equal to a Cavill-type for Bond to me is ludicrous. Once the Babster plays the cougar role to Henry, Cr-egg will be gone UNLESS Cavill has taste and rebuffs her balcony advances. :lol:
BJ, you are a genius. I laughed so hard at this I can't even begin to explain.

Now, about that last part. No, no, no. I protest, Your Honor! The Babster will keep going on with her Cr-egg crush, except he won't be Bond anymore since others won't let him. She will try to play the cougar role to Henry, only to be forced to stay away from him by both production AND Cavill himself. Cavill DOES have taste so he will be MY boyfriend, not the Babster's! :lol: :lol: Ahem.

Now in all seriousness, the part about "even considering Cr-egg as an equal to a Cavill-type for Bond is ludicrous" is just about exactly how I feel. I would gladly take bets about how women would answer if we asked "would you consider Mr Craig as an equal type to Mr Cavill to be your boyfriend?" :lol: That is not to say that there aren't women who would gladly get Craig, just that one or the other is just not the same thing :lol:
EA. Where are your thoughts here? MI6 and Cb.net are "general" Bond sites? Are you kidding? There is such animus there for any contrary Cr-egg thought that once a poster is deemed anti-eggster, they are villified, mocked, attacked, and basically shown the door! Once again, contrary thoughts here that are not in a nasty derogatory tone are always welcome. That is NOT the case on the two sites you just mentioned. General Bond discussions are what actually takes place on this thread every single day. The casting of a loser spawned this site. The continuation of this site will go on long after the mistake will be corrected.
Having experienced the above at CBn, I am in complete agreement with this. People who are well-behaved are more than welcome here no matter what they think. Heck, there's even someone who is one really crazily-in-love-with Craig fan on the other nice forum that shares the views we have here... I didn't quite know how to react to him at first, because I was shocked by his statements :lol: I had one of those "Seriously?" reactions once and then realized I may have been too harsh with him and felt so bad about it, so posted right after saying I didn't mean to come off as harsh, telling him I just wanted to make it clear where things stood for me. The poor kid is just in love with Craig, and there's nothing wrong with that since he isn't rude to other people or anything like it. He's just seriously crazily in love with Craig. If someone totally in love with Brosnan like this guy is with Craig dared posting on CBn, they would be vilified, mocked, attacked just like BJ said. They wouldn't last more than five minutes. Not even Cavill is an even remotely mentionable option in that place. Only a Craig lookalike will do for them. It's just shameful, really.

I'm absolutely certain the continuation of this site will go on long after the mistake they made with Craig will be corrected, since like you I think what goes on here everyday IS general Bond discussion.
I think barbarabroccoliisnotcubby.com would be a good domain name. It also points to the crux of the problem.
Excellent point! :lol:
We've talked about this and it depends. If the next actor to play Bond is as unsuitable as Craig, we may name it "x is not Bond" or something more general like "classicbond.com". If someone like Cavill, who most of us are happy with, gets the nod, it's hard to tell. Somebody suggested "danielcraigwasnotbond.com".
You know what, that's actually a great solution. It retains the essence of the site, and if that happened, it would mean Cavill is Bond. Heaven for me. Except I would probably need to be dragged out of the movie theater when the movie is released, as I'd spend all day in there watching Cavill with heart-shaped eyes :lol: :lol: :lol: (I exaggerate about this on purpose, let it be clear. I wouldn't want to be thought of as a freaking stalker, that is not the case! :lol:)
"Are we on coms?"
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

bjmdds wrote:

Sorry BJ, but that's not entirely true.
If anyone here shows any kind of appreciation of Craig, then they are shot down, told to read the name of the site, and that this IS DanielCraigISNOTBOND.
Granted that is the nature of the site. But if what you're saying is true, then why the backlash when Sweenster, EA and myself comment on Craig. As to the nasty derogatory tone. I'm sure you'll accuse me of such things. But you have to remember. It works both ways.
Now on the whole most folks here are rather pleasant. And have a sense of humour concerning my posting style. It's never supposed to be a hateful or spiteful thing. I just know where the buttons are. :cheers:
Peace out, and let this great site continue.
(Although there is also another great site out there too. :wink: )
katied

Post by katied »

It'd make more sense to just have it be the Classic Bond forum when Craig's done. Does what it says on the tin!
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

katied wrote:It'd make more sense to just have it be the Classic Bond forum when Craig's done. Does what it says on the tin!
Yet you'd be hard pressed to see anything concerning the so called 'classic Bond' on here for the most part.
Just alot of Craig hate.
Maybe 'WeHateDanielCraigInEveryWay.com' would be a better name.
Non?
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

katied wrote:It'd make more sense to just have it be the Classic Bond forum when Craig's done. Does what it says on the tin!
There are obviously many possibilities, but danielcraigwasnotbond.com is a good one as it retains the "origin" of the site. Otherwise "HenryCavillIsBondTHANKGOD.com"? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

Ale wrote:
There are obviously many possibilities, but danielcraigwasnotbond.com is a good one as it retains the "origin" of the site. Otherwise "HenryCavillIsBondTHANKGOD.com"? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Either of the two you mentioned would be good-and unique. :cheers:
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

bjmdds wrote: Once the Babster plays the cougar role to Henry, Cr-egg will be gone UNLESS Cavill has taste and rebuffs her balcony advances. :lol:
Actually I find Babs quite attractive in a cougar MILF kind of way. If I was Craig, or Cavill, I wouldn't reject her advances (and if I was single, of course).

Yes, I am shameless enough to admit it..... :oops: :lol:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

The Sweeney wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Once the Babster plays the cougar role to Henry, Cr-egg will be gone UNLESS Cavill has taste and rebuffs her balcony advances. :lol:
Actually I find Babs quite attractive in a cougar MILF kind of way. If I was Craig, or Cavill, I wouldn't reject her advances (and if I was single, of course).

Yes, I am shameless enough to admit it..... :oops: :lol:
Right with ya on Cougar Broccoli there Sweenster.
And not ashamed to admit it.
:D
Honesty is usually the best policy. :wink:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

It would be great if the DCINB owners had to decide on a new name. Unfortunately they will not be able to do so unttil 2030 when Craig steps down. :cuss:
English Agent

Post by English Agent »

bjmdds wrote:

I think 'Kristatos' suggestion of a name like "classicbond.com" was pretty good.

Assuming that any future Bond does not cause such an upstir, then that would be quite a good name for this site, and i could see many other people joining this site, and contributing to the discussions here.
If such a change of name was made, then obviously the front page content of this site would have to change. :)

I think thats pretty sensible, don't you?

EA
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

It can only be DanielCraigWasNotJamesBond.Com
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
English Agent

Post by English Agent »

007 wrote:It can only be DanielCraigWasNotJamesBond.Com
I knew someone was going to say that! :wink:

EA
Bond77

Post by Bond77 »

So what if Cavill is cast as Bond? Will that solve the problem? The answer is no. The crux of the problem is that Barbara Broccoli is not Cubby. Of course we can't expect her to be exactly like one of the most prolific film producers of the 20th century, but the problem is she doesn't even try! The person who plays Bond may change, but unless Barbara Broccoli changes then it won't make a difference.

"What if Cavill is cast as Bond?" Will that change Barbara Broccoli post-modernist views she injects into her films? Will she even allow Cavill to play Bond in a traditional way? She would probably go to Cavill and say, "We are going to put a blond wig on you to meet the new convention I have established for Bond." This new convention for Bond, which is using a mutated Steve McQueen type and injecting him with Human Growth Hormone, will continue under Broccoli unless she sees the light. It will continue regardless if Craig is in the role or not. Possible plot for Bond 23: Bond helps Bolivian village construct a water-treatment plant, is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, and interviewed by Oprah.

When is this madness going to end?!
Last edited by Bond77 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English Agent

Post by English Agent »

Bond77 wrote:So what if Cavill is cast as Bond? Will that solve the problem? The answer is no. The crux of the problem is that Barbara Broccoli is not Cubby. Of course we can't expect her to be exactly like one of the most prolific film producers of the 20th century, but the problem is she doesn't even try! The person who plays Bond may change, but unless Barbara Broccoli changes then it won't make a difference.

"What if Cavill is cast as Bond?" Will that change Barbara Broccoli post-modernist views she injects into her films? Will she even allow Cavill to play Bond in a traditional way? She would probably go to Cavill and say, "We are going to put a blond wig on you to meet the new convention I have established for Bond." This new convention for Bond, which is using a mutated Steve McQueen type and injecting with Human Growth Hormone, will continue under Broccoli unless she sees the light. It will continue regardless if Craig is in the role or not. Possible plot for Bond 23: Bond helps Bolivian village construct a water-treatment, is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, and interviewed by Oprah.

When is this madness going to end?!
Right as no one here thinks that Craig looks like what Bond should be :?

Does anyone insted think that Daniel Craig is an English version of Steve Mcqueen for the 21st century, i.e acting cooly, tough and with a dry wit?

EA :)
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

007 wrote:It can only be DanielCraigWasNotJamesBond.Com
I agree this is a very good solution as it keeps the origin and uniqueness of the site intact. As I said, only other alternative for me is "HenryCavillIsBondTHANKGOD.com" :lol: Which can always envisage the current page, updated in a "remember what we had to endure? (complete with the current Craig contents). Rejoice: NO MORE because finally Henry Cavill is Bond (insert hot Henry photo here)" way. :lol:

If Cavill was cast, Barbara wouldn't have "her way", not that I think it's gonna last much longer anyway. Cavill is a representative of a classic Bond style, so in any case we would at the very least have an actor who embodies Bond as he should be. And I don't think with such a person that they'd do weird movies. They'd know what they have and why. I do think if Cavill is cast, that will indicate the direction has gone back to a more traditional (and much more fitting, as far as I'm concerned) Bond and Bond movie.
"Are we on coms?"