Sir Rog thinks invisible Aston is far fetched.

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Sir Rog thinks invisible Aston is far fetched.

Post by Captain Nash »

Legendary British actor and former James Bond, Sir Roger Moore thinks that the Aston Martin as seen in Pierce Brosnans swan song as OO7 is 'far fetched'
Sir Rog discussed Bond, his age and other things with Metro.
Roger Moore: I'll be the first Bond to kick the bucket
Wednesday, May 20, 2009 Sir Roger Moore, 81, is best known for bringing tongue-in-cheek humour to the role of James Bond. He was knighted in 2003 for his work with Unicef and lives in Switzerland and Monaco with fourth wife Kristina. His autobiography, My Word Is My Bond, is out now.
What don’t you like about yourself?
My appetite and my waistline. I can’t do as much exercise as I used to and I still like to eat so I have to go through periodic days of not eating too much. It’s a huge bore.

Do you feel your age?
I try not to think about it too much, otherwise it may stop me doing what I want to do. I’ll stop stretching to reach things or I won’t run down the stairs because I may trip.

You’re the oldest ex-Bond. Do you think about kicking the bucket?
Yes, I am the oldest out of all of them so I imagine I will go first. I should have had someone else answer the phone and say you were five minutes too late.

You had your prostate removed more than 20 years ago. Were you scared?
There is a wonderful poem by Jorge Luis Borges that says: ‘If I could live my life again I would eat more ice cream and watch more sunsets.’ I do remember evaluating my life a little at that point and thinking perhaps I haven’t got that long.

What’s the secret to a good relationship?
If I knew, I wouldn’t have been married four times. I don’t know if my marriages taught me how to be a particularly good husband. I imagine I can be a pretty rotten one sometimes but I am very happy now.

How can James Bond be a spy when he is recognised everywhere? Everybody knows he wants a Martini shaken not stirred

You were once quoted as saying: ‘I enjoy being a highly overpaid actor.’
Of course I do, I would be a bloody fool if I didn’t.

What do you think of today’s celebrity obsession?
There used to be a mystique in theatre, long before the days of television. Actors were remote and didn’t come into contact with the audience. The same could be said of cinema and the major stars of old Hollywood. It all went wrong when people started to wear aprons and do home layouts in glossy magazines. It started a big intrusion into people’s lives. I never do them. I like shutting my door and enjoying my private life. Those ones in Hello! are terrible.

What has your work with Unicef taught you?
That many people have absolutely nothing and they have no hope. I remember my first field trip in the early 1990s; we were on our way back from Central America and we had a three-hour wait at Dallas Airport. Unicef had arranged a press conference so I could speak about what I had seen in Guatemala. A man in the audience spoke up and said [puts on Texan twang]: ‘Mr Moore, you talk about the poor, well, we have got poor in our country right here.’ And I said to him: ‘Quite frankly, you can kiss my a***. The poorest man in America is a multimillionaire compared to a poor man in the developing world.’

What do you think of Daniel Craig?
He is a terrific actor and a terrific Bond. I couldn’t believe the amount of grief he was getting before he even took the role. He’s a bloody good actor and a good-looking guy. He’s pretty tough.

Could your Bond beat his Bond in a fight?
ood God, no. I am even cowardly in real life.

What annoys you about Bond?
He’s not the most believable spy, is he? I still struggle to understand how James Bond can be a spy when he is recognised by everyone everywhere in the world. I mean, everybody knows he wants a Martini shaken not stirred. And that invisible car Pierce Brosnan had was a bit far-fetched.

Who is your favourite Bond girl?
I have her now.

One of my friends told me you were the boyfriend she always wanted, the dad she always wanted and now you’re the grandad she always wanted.
Well, I am still available for the next couple of years
http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/interviews/ ... page_id=11

Who's going to argue with the legend who is Sir Rog?

Tubby-o-seven just got the news.
:lol:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Re: Sir Rog thinks invisible Aston is far fetched.

Post by James »

If we're posting pictures...

I've got one of those invisible cars now. Everybody is driving them these days where I live.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

That's our Benny :roll: honored member of MI6 -racist and ageist and otherwise intolerant of others. Not above posting misleading statements and twisting the rest of the world to fit his warped perspective. The title is Roger Moore: I'll be the first Bond to kick the bucket not invisible car makes makes old man confused. I imagine Roger thinks Craig's cell phone is ultra futuristic
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

James wrote:If we're posting pictures...

I've got one of those invisible cars now. Everybody is driving them these days where I live.
That's the world's best dressed man for you James. Daniel Craig dresses like a ventriloquists dummy.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Mazer Rackham wrote:That's our Benny :roll: honored member of MI6
Well thanks Maz
-racist and ageist and otherwise intolerant of others.
Racist and ageist...hmmm. Where?
Not above posting misleading statements and twisting the rest of the world to fit his warped perspective.
Does Sir Rog not say that the invisible car in DAD is far fetched or not? Just quoting the man, jacka$$
The title is Roger Moore: I'll be the first Bond to kick the bucket not invisible car makes makes old man confused.
But by posting something bad about DAD or a Brosnan film I knew you'd come to the defence quicker
I imagine Roger thinks Craig's cell phone is ultra futuristic
Maybe he does.
Maybe I think you're a twat, but that's just me. :wink:
Ooops forgot the dcinb obligatory emoticon... :roll:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Captain Nash wrote:Racist and ageist...hmmm. Where?

Posting a picture of a golliwog next to Katied's picture. Endless comments about Brosnan's age.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

Kristatos wrote:
Captain Nash wrote:Racist and ageist...hmmm. Where?

Posting a picture of a golliwog next to Katied's picture. Endless comments about Brosnan's age.
If you've ever seen a picture of katied, then you might see a resemblance. Are you racist? I see nothing wrong with golliwogs. As for the endless comments about Brosnans age, well I knew this was a Brosnan love site, :roll: (obligatory emoticon used)but he's too old to play Bond. He was too old in 2006, he's too old now.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Captain Nash wrote:If you've ever seen a picture of katied, then you might see a resemblance. Are you racist? I see nothing wrong with golliwogs. As for the endless comments about Brosnans age, well I knew this was a Brosnan love site, :roll: (obligatory emoticon used)but he's too old to play Bond. He was too old in 2006, he's too old now.
So you can't see why comparing a person of mixed race to a golliwog might conceivably be offensive? And I agree that Brosnan is too old to play Bond now (though I think he could have pulled it off in 2006), but I don't go on and on about it, posting every unflattering pic of him that I find and shitting all over his birthday thread with snarky comments. And before you say "but you all post unflattering pictures of Craig", Daniel Craig is playing Bond now, Pierce Brosnan isn't. You may as well post a pic of Sir Sean looking his age.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

Kris I'm surprised at you.
That's like saying the rules are different if you're against Daniel Craig. But anyone who says anything bad about King Pierce has to be wrong.
What a crock of sh!t.
Booo f*cking hooo.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Captain Nash wrote:Kris I'm surprised at you.
That's like saying the rules are different if you're against Daniel Craig. But anyone who says anything bad about King Pierce has to be wrong.
What a crock of sh!t.
Booo f*cking hooo.
It's not like saying that at all and I explained exactly why. There's a big difference between saying that the current Bond actor looks too old to play Bond and saying that someone who hasn't been Bond for 7 years does. But even if it was, why shouldn't we apply a different standard for comments about Daniel Craig, considering the nature of this site? Surely the name should provide a generous clue.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

Whatever Kris...whatever.
You've turned into quite a bore as of late. I used to hold you in higher regard. Now you blend in with the rest of the crowd quite well. You're not Mazer as well are you? Most of his posts nowadays are alot of Tommy tank.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

It's quite simple. We post pictures of Daniel Craig now, aged 40 who is currently playing a young James Bond. This is to show how unsuitable some of us chaps think he is for the role. In response you post a recent picture of Brosnan who is in his 50's and made his last Bond 8 years ago. You could post a picture of Sir Roger or Sir Sean too.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Captain Nash wrote:Whatever Kris...whatever.
You've turned into quite a bore as of late. I used to hold you in higher regard. Now you blend in with the rest of the crowd quite well. You're not Mazer as well are you? Most of his posts nowadays are alot of Tommy tank.
If you're so bored, nobody's forcing you to be here.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Captain Nash wrote: Does Sir Rog not say that the invisible car in DAD is far fetched or not? Just quoting the man, jacka$$
The title is Roger Moore: I'll be the first Bond to kick the bucket not invisible car makes makes old man confused.
But by posting something bad about DAD or a Brosnan film I knew you'd come to the defence quicker
I imagine Roger thinks Craig's cell phone is ultra futuristic
Maybe he does.
Maybe I think you're a twat, but that's just me. :wink:
Ooops forgot the dcinb obligatory emoticon... :roll:
MI6 is well served by your childish antics.

You were being antagonistic and were called out on it so you resorted to name calling.

The real title and point of Rogs interview is much more pointed and touching.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

Either way, you're still a bit of a **** in my book. :P
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Post by mcbride007 »

The technology on the invisible car is viable, but not in available today. It's not just a magic invisible car!!!!!
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

mcbride007 wrote:The technology on the invisible car is viable, but not in available today. It's not just a magic invisible car!!!!!
The technology was being talked about in 2001-2002, utilized as a trench coat I Believe. Last I heard about this technology it was being talked for use with Tanks :shock:
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer