General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Re: The Captain Nash future of Bond debate and discussion

Post by mcbride007 »

Nothing Lasts Forever is a good name for a Bond flick.
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

Even Eon know they have to raise their game for Bond 23. They can't get away with another plotless Jason Bourne homage featuring a stoic Daniel Craig on a worldwide kiling spree.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: So you think you can do better than EON...

Post by Kristatos »

I've merged the three different threads that Nash has started on this topic into one. Hope the discussion still makes sense.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Captain Nash wrote:As the name suggests, this is designed to discuss and debate the future of Bond.
Possible actors, locations, action, stories even dare I say it, producers and directors.
What direction do you see the Bond series taking into the future?
Not a discussion on what has happened in the past, and really not about the present, though Craig is the present Bond, so we have to factor him into the future at this point. But I know you'll be glad to recall, nothing lasts forever.
So, thoughts?
Eon wanted a swift Bournesque trilogy with the young James Bond. They have to do something different after QOS, I'm not what that will be.
Saunders
Lieutenant

Post by Saunders »

Craig doesn't deserve more than three films. He's the Bourne Experiment. Wrap up his Quantum story, then cast him away. The next guy should have a blank slate too.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

If Eon are short of ideas they can always use the old doppelganger plot used numerous times in film and TV.

In Bond 23 there could be a another person - a villian perhaps - who looks like Craig's Bond, and lots of misunderstandings and cases of mistaken indentidy could ensue. :lol:
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:If Eon are short of ideas they can always use the old doppelganger plot used numerous times in film and TV.
In Bond 23 there could be a another person - a villian perhaps - who looks like Craig's Bond, and lots of misunderstandings and cases of mistaken indentidy could ensue. :lol:
I have highlighted the problem with this idea. It's something that is usually wheeled out in episodic TV when they need a quick filler episode in a hurry for whatever reason.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Felix Leiter
Lieutenant

Post by Felix Leiter »

Saunders wrote:Craig doesn't deserve more than three films. He's the Bourne Experiment. Wrap up his Quantum story, then cast him away. The next guy should have a blank slate too.
Given how craggy he is he'll look ridiculous if he does too many more. He spends most of his Bond films running and smashing through glass so the physical demands might take their toll pretty soon. He's not going to be Roger Moore and do this forever.
katied

Re: Captain Nash's future of Bond discussion thread

Post by katied »

On another thread BJ said that Babs Broccoli may use New York City in the next Bond film.Granted, that is a unsubstantiated rumor but that makes it hard for me to believe that she(and Mikey)don't read tahe fanboy boards, since that is frequently suggested.