The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Pluto, welcome to this forum! Broccoli's brain is on Jupiter or Mars. ATJ is another terrible Broccoli choice, IF, she does go down that path. Just like in 2005, there were so many other better Bond actors out there instead of Cr-egg, once she wanted to get rid of Brosnan. I am hoping that this is just a wrong rumor but I don't believe it is. Broccoli has done ONE Bond film since 2015. Maybe she wants to wait until the 2030s to do another film and not be bothered with it any longer.
Pluto007
New Recruit

Post by Pluto007 »

Thanks for the welcome!

And I wouldn’t worry about the ATJ fabrications.

Hollywood is a business of “what have you done for me lately”, and EoN have other projects lined up/in development.

What affords EoN financing and distribution deals for these smaller projects is 007.

It wouldn’t be wise for them to delay Bond into the next decade.

As far as ATJ is concerned, no one in Hollywood who produces these huge tentpoles would cast anyone without a script in place and auditions (and usually a director).

It’s safe to say that the buzz around EoN is that there’s no finished script, no director and auditions have not been held. ATJ was a plant to the rags. If there was an element of truth to this, EoN would have expedited their announcement weeks ago (remember when the rags caught wind that Craig was actually hired; they went after his mum. The rags now had proof that the new Bond actor was indeed Craig. A few days later, the hastily put together press conference happened, because EoN didn’t want The Sun to make one of the biggest announcements in the film industry. This is their IP and they want the pleasure of bringing the world’s media to this event. They’d never leave this in the hands of The Sun or the Mail, and if those rags actually received good intel, EoN would expedite their conference.
When the rags got the jump on Craig, he was in Seattle at the time shooting INVASION and was whipped off the set mighty fast and flown to London.
This hasn’t happened here because it was a complete fabrication. Even the bookies have moved on).

I would advise that it’s safe to enjoy this time and have fun with speculations. If ATJ does end up with the role (I would wager he won’t, and that Kraken film will reveal he’s no leading man), he will have to have won it via the audition process.

And lastly, keep in mind that only a small, a very small, group of people know what’s happening at EoN. They’ve all signed NDAs. If anyone, from this exclusive group, leaked anything to the media, he, or she, wouldn’t be too hard to find. And that person will be sued and likely would be blacklisted in the film industry.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Pluto007 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:35 pm Count Lippe: nice observations about Hitchcock potentially not being the right guy to have directed Bond films.

And I’m in full agreement with DR NO being superior to the novel. I think GF is also improved in the film version.
The plot to make the gold radioactive, rather than to steal all of it, was better in the film version. Fleming's original idea to have Goldfinger rob Fort Knox was stupid and completely unrealistic. But other than that I'm not a fan of the movie. I think it would have been better had Terence Young directed Goldfinger (1964). I prefer the atmosphere in Young's films.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

I watch this forum with a desktop computer, I often get a General Error page when I want to check a new page, I then refresh and get to the page I want. A bit annoying, the site is not completely healthy it seems.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User danjaqforum5420 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists---------I have been getting this message as well lately Count!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User danjaqforum5420 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists---------I have been getting this message as well lately Count!
"Contact an administrator", that's easier said than done.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I saw the Rolling Stones Thursday night at Metlife Stadium. For 80 year olds they still put on a great show! It was packed and this was the closing song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXcgtQylyZ0
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Is this your own YT video bj?

What a huge stadium.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I’ve been getting the error message too.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Count_Lippe wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:31 pm Is this your own YT video bj?

What a huge stadium.
No Count. Someone posted it on youtube of the show. The stadium seats 80,000 and 60,000 were sold as the back 1/3 is not sold which would be behind the stage.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

No Time To Die is on cable tv tonight on the SYFY channel and will repeat many times going forward. Lashana Lynch is a JOKE being called 007.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:39 am No Time To Die is on cable tv tonight on the SYFY channel and will repeat many times going forward...
SYFY? Very apropos, how the mighty have fallen.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Daft Dimension cartoon from Doctor Who magazine by Lew Stringer from 2020, which shows you how long this casting process has been going on:Image

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Lana Del Ray has revealed that her song 24 was originally a rejected theme for SPECTRE. It's not great (I don't think her thin, breathy voice is really suited to a Bond theme), but I think it would have been an improvement on that Sam Smith thing: https://youtu.be/NjnnV5y4VF4?si=xvKLv28YiY0h2xOb
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:43 pm Lana Del Ray has revealed that her song 24 was originally a rejected theme for SPECTRE. It's not great (I don't think her thin, breathy voice is really suited to a Bond theme), but I think it would have been an improvement on that Sam Smith thing: https://youtu.be/NjnnV5y4VF4?si=xvKLv28YiY0h2xOb
"24" as in the 24th Bond film?

As you say Kris, too breathy and thin but miles ahead of what was given. Although I will say I think she does have the "chops" to do a Bond theme just that this wasn't quite it.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think the song itself is a bit unstructured. There were parts where I thought "yes, this is what a Bond theme should sound like", but then it would just sort of tail off.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

A couple of AI covers with Frank Sinatra's voice, not bad actually.

From Russia with Love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KzMohBKm9Q

Thunderball:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daJmSTL-QMg

And an AI cover with Lana Del Rey's voice, also not bad. (Not a Bond song but since you talked about Lana).

Wicked Game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjM6WODxWKI
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Count_Lippe wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:58 pm A couple of AI covers with Frank Sinatra's voice, not bad actually.

From Russia with Love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KzMohBKm9Q

Thunderball:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daJmSTL-QMg

And an AI cover with Lana Del Rey's voice, also not bad. (Not a Bond song but since you talked about Lana).

Wicked Game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjM6WODxWKI
I refuse to listen to these on principle. How long before the entertainment industry does away with humans altogether, and we're all listening to AI-generated music, watching AI-generated movies and reading AI-generated books?
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Would be terrible if everything was AI.

However this is just a few covers made for fun by some regular guys, no big deal.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Count_Lippe wrote:Would be terrible if everything was AI.

However this is just a few covers made for fun by some regular guys, no big deal.
That's fine, my worry is the bean-counters at Disney or Warner Brothers or wherever looking at it and thinking "hmmm".