The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

It's all based on bookies' odds anyway, which have absolutely no bearing on the actual casting process.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

An interesting deep dive into Goldfinger's story structure here: https://dejareviewer.com/2024/03/26/gol ... ames-bond/

I had never heard the word chiasmus before, but it appears to refer to the "ring" structure used by epic poems like Beowulf.
Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:14 am In regards to the MI6 forum, those people are actually insulted when Daniel Cr-egg is being demeaned. They truly feel as if they are along for the ride with him and Broccoli.
Those folks over there at MI 6 forum would have been good at book burnings. I tried to post there a few times and was always told this is "not appropriate thread" or crap like that. They think they're the keeper of the flame or something and can censor ppl. The Bond we knew is literally dead. I think that Babz killing Craig's Bond was fitting because she killed the series. It has a symmetry to it.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

But when I last looked over there, they were as bent out of shape over the ATJ rumours as we were over Craig's casting. I'd say that it feels like sweet revenge for them to have to suffer years of a Bond they hate, but of course we all know that if he is announced, they will immediately fall into line, declaring him to be the best Bond EVA, and pretending they never liked Craig.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Jason wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:21 pm
bjmdds wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:14 am In regards to the MI6 forum, those people are actually insulted when Daniel Cr-egg is being demeaned. They truly feel as if they are along for the ride with him and Broccoli.
Those folks over there at MI 6 forum would have been good at book burnings. I tried to post there a few times and was always told this is "not appropriate thread" or crap like that. They think they're the keeper of the flame or something and can censor ppl. The Bond we knew is literally dead. I think that Babz killing Craig's Bond was fitting because she killed the series. It has a symmetry to it.
Jason, lead your Argonauts over there to clean house at that lunatic fortress of insolence! They threw me out after only a few posts because, as Nicholson says in A Few Good Men: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWSx0bBiNIs
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:43 pm But when I last looked over there, they were as bent out of shape over the ATJ rumours as we were over Craig's casting. I'd say that it feels like sweet revenge for them to have to suffer years of a Bond they hate, but of course we all know that if he is announced, they will immediately fall into line, declaring him to be the best Bond EVA, and pretending they never liked Craig.

They might very well be besides themselves attempting to delude themselves into accepting ATJ as the new Bond. They might very well be in Cr-egg withdrawal as well!
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:43 pm But when I last looked over there, they were as bent out of shape over the ATJ rumours as we were over Craig's casting. I'd say that it feels like sweet revenge for them to have to suffer years of a Bond they hate, but of course we all know that if he is announced, they will immediately fall into line, declaring him to be the best Bond EVA, and pretending they never liked Craig.

So many noses out of joint there that a plastic surgeon could make a fortune! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:00 pm

So many noses out of joint there that a plastic surgeon could make a fortune! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You said a mouthful MP! Benny/Nash is the head of that bunch of coco-NUTS!
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Truer words were never said, just as Brosnan was tossed for Dan. Dan will be booted for whomever, "actor X is BESTUST BOND EVA!"
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
kater23 wrote:It is.
It's probably like three skinheads on Twitter living in a trailer park somewhere.

I wish it was as simple as that, there are too many people who think they are being activists for the poor Palestinian people going along with this stuff.
People behind this free Palestine boycott are professional agitators who are seeking attention flipping a story like this possible new bond being Jewish for attention and the fact we are hearing about it show how successfully they’ve done it and how many sympathetic fellow travelers are out there.

Call it part of cancel culture or whatever you’d like. Comedians can even be funny on campuses without some kind of violent reaction to it.

Honestly it’s alarming how many universities students seem to follow this trend seemingly unthinking and unconcerned it might be reenacting the darkest parts of the Middle Ages and early 20th century.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

According to Lara Logan, formerly of CBS 60 Minutes, the Maryland bridge collapse was a China cyber attack from her sources: https://twitter.com/karma44921039/statu ... 28-2024%2F
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am
Kristatos wrote:
kater23 wrote:It is.
It's probably like three skinheads on Twitter living in a trailer park somewhere.

I wish it was as simple as that, there are too many people who think they are being activists for the poor Palestinian people going along with this stuff.
People behind this free Palestine boycott are professional agitators who are seeking attention flipping a story like this possible new bond being Jewish for attention and the fact we are hearing about it show how successfully they’ve done it and how many sympathetic fellow travelers are out there.

Call it part of cancel culture or whatever you’d like. Comedians can even be funny on campuses without some kind of violent reaction to it.

Honestly it’s alarming how many universities students seem to follow this trend seemingly unthinking and unconcerned it might be reenacting the darkest parts of the Middle Ages and early 20th century.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Whatever it is, will Broccoli capitulate to fears of a boycott, IF the ATJ stories are really true?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

March 27th Benny/Nash wrote this: "No it's still the same. Like they're stuck in a time vortex and can't move on. I'm tempted to make a new account, and have some fun with them. But probably not, I might have too see an image of Katie or bjmdds come out from hiding behind his keyboard cowards basement, and reveal himself."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Benny :Administrator, Moderator
March 27
MakeshiftPython wrote: »
@bjmdds made an infamous comeback and nobody told me???
Benny:
It was a blink and you miss it cameo.
But sadly we had to send him back to his kind. The village of idiots wanted their lead idiot back (luckily).
You should check out their page if you want to have a good chuckle.
Are you still a member there?
Last edited by bjmdds on Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

MakeshiftPython:
March 27
I don’t think I’ve set foot there since the early years of Craig’s run. I do remember initially enjoying a good spirited debate with a few members there who were at least welcoming of fans who liked Craig in the part. But I do remember the mood in that place souring over time. Not just about Craig, but just about anything going on in the world. It became more of a place to gripe about things and that atmosphere wasn’t really fun. It happened at another forum I used to frequent. But that was a long time ago, for all I know they’ve been popping champagne since Craig’s exit. At least I hope.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg's screen test for CR with Broccoli commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05np44M ... e=emb_logo
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Sweeney/Jetsetwilly wrote this: "I'm still a member there and have dropped in occasionally over the years. I have to say, they are very welcoming and pleased to see me whenever I do show my face. No doubt another forum of a similar kind will be born when the next actor to play Bond is chosen." ......"The forum started that way back when Craig was first chosen, and it remained like that ever since. Having said that, they have put up with me being pro-Craig for many years on there whenever I showed my face, and they were always polite and friendly to me in exchanges, even though I was in the opposite camp to them with my viewpoint."
Last edited by bjmdds on Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Peter wrote this: "I dropped on yesterday to see what these guys were all about, and they were still obsessing about this site, a few were still banging on about Cr-egg, and it was a strange experience reading their comments. They're incredibly bitter people. I'd say they're particularly obsessed with hating Craig, comparing themselves to Mi6, and they have no love lost for @Benny . The brief glimpse I read yesterday, they seem like a tribe of angry haters, most feeding off the other. It was almost cultish."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Peter wrote this: "I dropped on yesterday to see what these guys were all about, and they were still obsessing about this site."
I gotta say, he's not entirely wrong. I'm getting slight "stalker ex" vibes from these posts.

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Happy Easter!

Also the MI6 Forum should allow Craig critics as it is a general James Bond forum for everyone to have their opinion. That's why the owners should ban Benny from their website for misusing his moderating powers. :wink:
Bring back Bond!