The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by carl stromberg »

James wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:17 am https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment ... e991ec6a74

The author behind the bestselling Young Bond book series has criticised the most recent 007 film for portraying the spy as a committed family man.

Charlie Higson said the opening scenes of No Time To Die – a car chase through the Italian town of Matera – are 'great' at first, but accused script-writers of undermining Bond's character by showing him arguing with his girlfriend as he drives.

The author joked that 007 should have triggered her ejector seat and resumed his adventure. 'Bond is a fantasy, he's got no wife, no kids, you rarely see him at home, he lives in hotels, eats in restaurants, sleeps with as many women as he wants and gets to kill people,' Higson told the Chalke Valley History Festival, which is sponsored by the Daily Mail.

'It's the best job in the world. You never see him mowing his lawn, washing his car or asking his bank manager for a loan. He's one guy on a mission.

'You don't have to worry about a back story or any boring discussions with his girlfriend. Which is why I absolutely hate No Time To Die. They put in all the boring stuff you don't want.

'The start of the film is great – he's in a really flash car, having a car chase around Matera. But he's got his girlfriend with him and they're having a row. What kind of fantasy is that? Find the ejector seat button, get rid of her and have an adventure.'

They could have a PTS in the next film where Bond does his shopping in the supermarket and grumbles about the prices going up. Higson said his number one Bond film is YOLT in the link below.

https://www.thebookbond.com/2021/03/cha ... twice.html
Bring back Bond!
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:49 pm Since this ridiculous 'multiverse' is the current rage, perhaps Bezos can do a '007:Mulitiverse Of Lunacy', where we have a 'true' Bond in one universe and Broccoli's version in another, with a different actor in the 'true' one of course, who actually looks like James Bond. :idea:
The MI6’ers would be clutching their pearls! :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

According to producer Barbara Broccoli in the retrospective documentary "Being James Bond," the CR shower scene was supposed to be a stereotypically sexy sequence featuring Lynd and 007 hooking up in the shower in their underwear. Per Broccoli, "Daniel said, 'No, they don't get undressed. They are in their clothes.'" Producer Michael G. Wilson adds: 
"It was just sort of hinted at in the script. It was about this thing that if we're going to go with the violence, if we're going to go with the reality of it... it's still a James Bond movie. But I wanted to see what happens. I wanted to see the effect it has on people. She's in shock, so she's sitting in the shower in her clothes. It made complete sense to me."-------------Jeremy Smith of slashfilm.com: This is a shockingly tender scene for a Bond movie, harkening back to the vulnerability of George Lazenby and Diana Rigg in another atypical 007 adventure, "On Her Majesty's Secret Service." As Broccoli notes, it's the moment Lynd and Bond fall in love. It's why audiences reinvested in the character, :shock: and basically set the stage for the five-film arc that brought us to the heartbreaking, if controversial, conclusion of "No Time to Die." https://www.slashfilm.com/909662/daniel ... paign=clip
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

From the Rifftrax commentary: "Oh, sorry, I didn't realise they were shooting a Fiona Apple video in here."

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:45 pm From the Rifftrax commentary: "Oh, sorry, I didn't realise they were shooting a Fiona Apple video in here."

Once again Mike and the gang at RiffTrax are right on!

So Danny boy had creative control as early as that eh. Too bad for the likes of Brosnan and Dalton who would have loved to control the direction of their films. It may have been intended as a "tender" scene, however it came across as bizarre this woman was mourning the deaths of these two terrorists so much.
If it's supposed to be a matter of post traumatic stress disorder than all "sexiness" is erased. While I could see this as a reason Bond falls for Vesper, a glimpse of her vulnerableness, how the hell is Vesper going to love Craig-Bond after witnessing such a violent encounter, he would be one big living, breathing trigger for her. Nothing like PTSD to bring lovers together!
Again the propaganda arm on EON flexes it's muscle, claiming the "5 film arc," as if there was ever a plan and this wasn't a disjointed collage of hastily written movies ham-fistedly mashed together at the end!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Babbzy says next Bond film won't begin filming until 2024: https://www.gamesradar.com/new-james-bo ... -producer/

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:10 pm Babbzy says next Bond film won't begin filming until 2024: https://www.gamesradar.com/new-james-bo ... -producer/

I surprised they're scheduling that soon! It took them 3 years between SF and SP, and in that case they already had their star, director and what passes for a "plan" at EON. You don't suppose Babz did the unthinkable and put a little thought into the planning before darling Dan was out the door do you?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

When probed about who’s in the running for the next Bond Broccoli revealed, “Nobody’s in the running. We’re working out where to go with him, we’re talking that through.” Further adding, "There isn’t a script and we can’t come up with one until we decide how we’re going to approach the next film because, really, it’s a reinvention of Bond. We’re reinventing who he is and that takes time. I’d say that filming is at least two years away." -------WHAT :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: She will NOT name a new Bond in 2022 at this rate. The only reinvention has to be with ownership. She has NO idea of what to do without clay face in the role.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ben Roberts, BFI Chief Executive Officer, hailed Broccoli and Wilson as “two giants of cinema”, :ROFL: not only for keeping the Bond flame alive, but for their production of independent films outside of the franchise, :ROFL: and for their tireless support of organizations such as The London Film Academy, the innovative film school in north London which she and Wilson founded with Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner, Lisa Bryer, and Harry Potter producer David Heyman......delusional narcissists run these companies who's money buys them unwarranted accolades.
Last edited by bjmdds on Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Read the comments below the article which is a message to Broccoli: https://deadline.com/2022/06/james-bond ... /#comments
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Since no human can replace Cr-egg in Broccoli's vacuous mind, here is her reinvention's first screen test in 2024:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Since no human can replace Cr-egg in Broccoli's vacuous mind, here is her reinvention's first screen test in 2024:
Or maybe he'll be computer-generated.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:10 pm Babbzy says next Bond film won't begin filming until 2024: https://www.gamesradar.com/new-james-bo ... -producer/

While we’re still all young, Babzy! :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The longer Broccoli waits to select the 7th 007, the longer Cr-egg's reign will endure, in her twisted mind. If it will take her years to 'reinvent', she might make another ridiculous choice. She has the actors right now to anoint. There is no reason to wait, unless her psyche wants to never let go of her favorite bedtime snack: Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

As things stand now in standard eon time, Babs can’t imagine hiring anyone before 2023 or at least announce it.
Look at how she produced since she’s been on her own, her mom had control until he death in 2004,
Babs made DAD 2002, 2003 spent the year trying to make jinx spin off, 2004 fully Inherits bond, starts chasing Craig, late 2005 announces Craig , January 2006 stats filming.
This is her modus operandi, this is her rest year after completing the release of a movie, ignoring it was completed mostly in 2019 for release in 2020. Next year she’ll think about getting production started and try to get a producers fee from Amazon.

The biggest thing of note is that Amazon hasn’t worked out their relationship yet, Babs is playing like she’s doing the same as she always does but the real money is going to come from Amazon to make this move, besides they may not want a feature film. Or just one feature film at a time. There’s a lot to work out besides just a casting. honestly Amazon has enough bond rights on their own they don’t need eon for the movie series, they can produce their own spin-offs and movies without need eons approval.

I think this is mostly bluster because Babs hasn’t started work and judging by the friendly op-eds warning Hollywood about the dangers of uncheck studios like Amazon having a say in production, early talks couldn’t have been all that favorable to Babs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Big O, I believe it is a deeply disturbing emotional issue for the green vegetable. To her, IF she selects the new Bond, her divorce from Cr-egg is final, and she cannot bear it. Cr-egg is still Bond until the new actor is selected. She named him in 2005, and it is now 17 years of torture with this loser. She can extend his time as Bond indefinitely in her mind, but Bezos is the new owner. Once reality sets in, she might need her medication doubled. She won't be able to let go, and her statements now prove her mindset. She does NOT want to move on. I never saw anything like this in motion pictures. MGW might actually have more on the ball now then his kid sister does.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Honestly Amazon has enough bond rights on their own they don’t need eon for the movie series, they can produce their own spin-offs and movies without needing eons approval.
No they can't. The movie rights to Bond are owned by Danjaq, a partnership between EON and MGM, with EON (which effectively means Babbzy, now that MGW has officially retired) as the senior partner. Babbzy has a level of control over Bond that's unique among Hollywood producers, and Amazon buying MGM doesn't change that.

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:Honestly Amazon has enough bond rights on their own they don’t need eon for the movie series, they can produce their own spin-offs and movies without needing eons approval.
No they can't. The movie rights to Bond are owned by Danjaq, a partnership between EON and MGM, with EON (which effectively means Babbzy, now that MGW has officially retired) as the senior partner. Babbzy has a level of control over Bond that's unique among Hollywood producers, and Amazon buying MGM doesn't change that.

Amazon own the rights to cr and tb in addition to half of danjaq. Cr and tb can launch their own series, was done before and was enough to try to launch a series in the 90s when don’t and mcclory tried.

However as the rights go Babs does have final say on casting bond for the movies, but her contract goes back to the 1970s and Saltzman leaving. Lots of current entertainment distribution methods we’re not even dreams except on Star Trek back then.

If Amazon wants traditional James Bond movie theaters then Babs has a lot of say, if they want to try other media or other streaming they may actually be the stronger hand. If Amazon just uses to half their rights to danjaq they can insist on casting for every other member, musical choices, directors, plus controlling the budget. Babs hasn’t had anyone at the studio try that before,
Sony and MGM were desperate just for a movie to be made they played along , Amazon can wait her out or can fight it in court. Every other legal battle The broccolis faced was with the studio in their corner, everybody else was fighting either on their own or were they lackless partner. ss awful as mcclory was he was in the right legally, but whatever studio he was partnered with or when he was fighting on his own he never had anybody truly fight for his rights or call out the lies given in court.

I’m not saying Amazon is going to rock the boat, they may let it play out the way it always has. But Babs contract is only really strong for traditional movies.

I think Mgws sons will be brought to the forefront, may be introduced as new leaders and allowed to make changes with Babs over seeing them. They were the ones ready to dump Craig in 2012, but between mgws age and Babs lack of interest I think they’ll be bigger in the company, unless Babs clone of Craig she commissioned in 2004 is matured enough to act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Big O, the Cr-egg clone is ready and waiting. Broccoli has been hiding "IT" until now and she cannot wait for her big reveal in 2024! It is Kris' favorite picture as well. Her next Bond is her old Bond: Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I just watched A Simple Favor, recorded off TV. Without getting into the whole issue of Bond's race yet again, I do think that Henry Golding has enough charm to play him reasonably convincingly. Mind you, I'm at the point now where I think that Craig was so awful as Bond, almost anybody would be an improvement.