The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by acid »

Veronica wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:16 pm I'd hate to be right but I have a feeling more and more that they will go down the "first black Bond" route. :skull:
If Babz has her way, something that different from the traditional image of Bond is to be expected, I think. Aren't we at the point now that we'd all be a lot MORE surprised if they actually come out with a traditional Bond movie?

I wouldn't even be that surprised if she finds some way to drag Craig back for yet another outing, or maybe for some kind of spinoff.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:16 pm I'd hate to be right but I have a feeling more and more that they will go down the "first black Bond" route. :skull:
I am inclined to agree with "V" more and more as we see what is enfolding in the insane mind of the corrupt vegetable.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

acid wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:25 am
If Babz has her way, something that different from the traditional image of Bond is to be expected, I think. Aren't we at the point now that we'd all be a lot MORE surprised if they actually come out with a traditional Bond movie?

I wouldn't even be that surprised if she finds some way to drag Craig back for yet another outing, or maybe for some kind of spinoff.
We sure would be. Pre-SP I still had some hope they might get back on track (as SF ending seemed to be promising the whole origin of Bond nonsense was now over) but then SP came out and we were shown just how misguided the whole thing has become. Prior to the movie coming out I was actually convinced the spoilers cannot be true. Kind of in a "sure they've lost their compass but surely not that much" way. And pre-NTTD I was convinced they would never kill off Bond (or make him a daddy for that matter) and we all know how that ended.

So now, after being so spectacularly wrong two times in a row I'd like to be wrong once again.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:01 am
I am inclined to agree with "V" more and more as we see what is enfolding in the insane mind of the corrupt vegetable.
I think anything related to a classic Bond is just so distant in her mind now she probably doesn't see any positives about making such a movie again. It's more fun chasing approval from the critics that never liked Bond in the first place or trying desperately to be woke.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

After the "for your consideration in all categories" advertising blitz, NTTD has only been nominated for a couple of technical Oscars (visual effects and sound), and for best original song. It didn't get nominated in any of the major categories, for all its pretensions.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli must be on a ledge now threatening to jump with NTTD NOT being one of the "10" films nominated for an Academy award in the best motion picture category.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think this article on Oscar-bait films that were snubbed missed one:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/f ... my-shunned

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Eilish and O’Connell said this morning in a statement: “Words cannot describe how honored and excited we are to have been nominated for an Academy Award for our song ‘No Time To Die.’ It was a LIFELONG (SHE IS ONLY 20 :!: ) dream of ours to write a Bond theme, and one we never thought would EVER come true. It’s completely unbelievable that we are here being recognized for this song, and this is a peak life experience for us as songwriters and artists. To be recognized today among these other incredible nominees is something we most certainly do not take for granted. Thank you to the Academy, from the bottom of our hearts. Thank you to Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson for allowing us this incredible opportunity, and to be part of Daniel Craig's UNPARALLELED legacy as James Bond. Thank you to Cary Joji Fukunaga, and last but not least, thank you to Hans Zimmer, Stephen Lipson and Johnny Marr for being an absolute joy to work with on this song.” Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Cr-egg on Broadway starting March 29th and the ticket prices are from $35.00-$475.00. Anyone flying in to see it? I surely will pass on this.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The most recent betting site lists many names as the next Bond actor yet most do not mention Aidan Turner for whatever reason. That might bode well for him with Broccoli as her under the radar selection. This is where the odds currently stand:

Regé-Jean Page - 3/1
Henry Cavill - 4/1
Idris Elba - 6/1
Tom Hardy 7/1
James Norton - 8/1
Richard Madden - 9/1
Jamie Dornan - 14/1
Tom Hopper - 16/1
Sam Heughan - 18/1
Jamie Bell - 20/1
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:31 pm The most recent betting site lists many names as the next Bond actor yet most do not mention Aidan Turner for whatever reason. That might bode well for him with Broccoli as her under the radar selection. This is where the odds currently stand:

Regé-Jean Page - 3/1
Henry Cavill - 4/1
Idris Elba - 6/1
Tom Hardy 7/1
James Norton - 8/1
Richard Madden - 9/1
Jamie Dornan - 14/1
Tom Hopper - 16/1
Sam Heughan - 18/1
Jamie Bell - 20/1
He is 19-1 here.

https://smarkets.com/event/42341860/tv- ... james-bond

Did you see also on that page you can bet on someone not being Bond and make money. I saw a website where someone is going to bet on people like Idris Elba not being Bond to make money.
Bring back Bond!
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:31 pm The most recent betting site lists many names as the next Bond actor yet most do not mention Aidan Turner for whatever reason. That might bode well for him with Broccoli as her under the radar selection. This is where the odds currently stand:

Regé-Jean Page - 3/1
Henry Cavill - 4/1
Idris Elba - 6/1
Tom Hardy 7/1
James Norton - 8/1
Richard Madden - 9/1
Jamie Dornan - 14/1
Tom Hopper - 16/1
Sam Heughan - 18/1
Jamie Bell - 20/1
Out of these Cavill is the obvious choice. I also really like Norton but I'm not sure he'd be a good choice for Bond.
Heughan- eh. Haven't seen enough of him to judge either way. I still think Tom Ellis would be a better choice than any these men (excluding Cavill)
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

The one that makes me scratch my head is Jamie Bell. Don’t get me wrong, loved him in Billy Elliott but Bond? Not so much.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

kater23 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:19 am The one that makes me scratch my head is Jamie Bell. Don’t get me wrong, loved him in Billy Elliott but Bond? Not so much.
Yeah, that one is a real head-scratcher. When I look at him the last thing I see is James Bond.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'd be interested to see what the track record of the bookies is in predicting Bond actors. What were the odds on Craig before he was chosen? Brosnan? Not sure how far back the idea of betting on the next Bond goes.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:35 am I'd be interested to see what the track record of the bookies is in predicting Bond actors. What were the odds on Craig before he was chosen? Brosnan? Not sure how far back the idea of betting on the next Bond goes.

I had a search on Google for 2005. I found this article from April announcing that Craig was the favourite.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2005/a ... sbond.news

There is this one from March with some odd candidates!

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... nd/303733/
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Our Ms. Bouvier, aka ALE, did a stage door left from this forum once Trump became President and has regressed into a psychotic mess over it.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

15 years ago today FBF joined this forum: Joined:Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:24 am----Last active:Sun May 20, 2018 8:10 am----he has been AWOL for almost 4 years. We can only hope the lad is doing great work spreading the gospel of Bond to the world! Today is also The Sweeney's 15th anniversary! :cheers: Yesterday was the 15th anniversary here for James, Carl, and Blowfeld (who has checked out any way since 2020). Tomorrow is Skywalker's 15th as well! This is a historic week for this forum's inception so it is time to party and celebrate :!: :NewYears: :cheers: :yay: :happybd:
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:50 pm 15 years ago today FBF joined this forum: Joined:Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:24 am----Last active:Sun May 20, 2018 8:10 am----he has been AWOL for almost 4 years. We can only hope the lad is doing great work spreading the gospel of Bond to the world!
I thought it was actually longer than that. My recollection is that he completely lost his mind after The November Man flopped and Craig matched Pierce's 4-film run as Bond with SPECTRE, blaming us for failing Pierce, as if we have any control over these things.