The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I see ITV (one of the main UK TV channels) have Spectre on at 9 this evening. What a great way to spend New Years Eve!!!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:I watched this new Spiderman. Utter lunacy with these outlandish films. It was probably nostalgia, from past Spiderman films, that caused people to go see it, rather than the absolutely ridiculous plot, surrounding these 3 idiots, who are terribly boring as actors. Image
I haven't seen it, but it's kicking NTTD's arse at the box office, so we can at least be grateful for that. Most of the people I know who have seen it seem to have enjoyed it, so I don't think it's just nostalgia fuelling ticket sales.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:15 pm I see ITV (one of the main UK TV channels) have Spectre on at 9 this evening. What a great way to spend New Years Eve!!!
I can think of no better way to ring in the New Year than homoeroticism and matricide! :cheers:
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Happy New Year to all :!: In 2022, Broccoli will be forced to hire a new actor as Bond. Let us never ASSUME she will make the correct choice :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image The year of NO Cr-egg :!: :cheers: :clap: :jack:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Found another link for the Ralph Fiennes M/Blofeld story. Hopefully this one will work:

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3 ... eO4aAyVK-g

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:I watched this new Spiderman. Utter lunacy with these outlandish films. It was probably nostalgia, from past Spiderman films, that caused people to go see it, rather than the absolutely ridiculous plot, surrounding these 3 idiots, who are terribly boring as actors. Image
I haven't seen it, but it's kicking NTTD's arse at the box office, so we can at least be grateful for that. Most of the people I know who have seen it seem to have enjoyed it, so I don't think it's just nostalgia fuelling ticket sales.

Spider-Man has always been one of marvels bigger draws.
I’m sure there is some nostalgia, but this is a pay off for fans who put up with Sony screwing up Spider-Man.
For bond fans it’d be like seeing brosnan and Dalton get to come back as bond and have a decent moment and send off. Or a villain killed off too quickly get a better send off.

This is marvel acknowledging Sony screwed it up and trying to appease fans. Like fox did with days of future past trying to fix X-men 3

Fans love this movie for a lot of reasons, the excitement when the villains and especially the Spider-Men appear is real, been to two showing with my brothers kids and the audience cheered when certain events happened.

What I hate is this success is allowing Amy Pascal to strut around like she did something. She really screwed over Sony pictures with her leadership, enabled Babs, then was caught in leaked emails so had to be removed. They gave her Spider-Man to produce as a golden parachute and future hush money. Pascal is an example of what wrong with Hollywood. Honestly I think Babs has more right to be proud than pascal. It obvious to fans marvel came in to fix Sonys mess, it’s not don’t getting it right. Still Disney gets 25% of these profits and Money they invested back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:My respect for Ralph Fiennes went up a thousand percent .
I liked him as M, didn’t like the rest of the trapping of that variant bond world. The classic movie and Fleming’s bond universe had good camaraderie in the workplace whether it be with foreign nations or other agencies as long as it was an ally they got along well. Babs variant world just sucked, Felix hated the cia, someone bad worse than the bad guys was telling the good guys what to do.
Moneypenny m Q were important to the bond world, everything else could change but that basic set up had to work, other wise it’s a bad episode of office space with guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have been awarded CBEs (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2022 New Year’s Honours list.......why? They produced 1 film in 6 years and get rewarded?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have been awarded CBEs (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2022 New Year’s Honours list.......why? They produced 1 film in 6 years and get rewarded?
And Craig has been awarded the CMG, the same award that Bond received in the books. Along with his being given the rank of Commander in the Royal Navy, has any other actor received so much stolen valour from a role they've played? Will Harrison Ford be made a professor of archaeology, or Richard Dreyfuss an honorary icthyologist?

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I don’t have anything to say that won’t sound like a conspiracy theory.So I’ll just keep my mouth shut. :twisted:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Now this: 264 films were submitted for the BAFTA Awards, with five available slots for best film. Expected to be strong contenders among the robust membership is the final outing for Daniel Craig as James Bond with “No Time to Die” and Kenneth Branagh’s drama “Belfast.”-------what are the chances it makes the top 5 list?
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Is there a patron Saint for crappy movies not getting nominated for an award? :D
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Craig said it was in 2006 that he threw an idea at Broccoli. "I said to Barbara, 'How many of these movies do I have to make?' Because I don't really look at contracts or any of those things," he recalled. "And she said, 'Four,' and I went, 'Oh, okay. Can I kill him off in the last one?' And she didn't pause. She said, 'Yes.'" But it wasn't an easy task for Broccoli to keep her word. She had to convince her producing partner, Michael G. Wilson, that this was the way for Craig's Bond to go out. "It was 'no' for a long time," Craig said, adding: "I thought it was forgotten about, put it that way. I didn't bring it back up again until this one." After "Spectre," Craig's fourth time playing Bond, Craig was ready to leave the franchise, Wilson said. "We wanted Daniel back and he was very reluctant," Wilson told Variety. "I think we thought, all of us had thought, that [Bond dying] was the best way to end this whole thing."-------16 years ago Broccoli knew Cr-egg's ending. https://www.insider.com/daniel-craig-pi ... 006-2022-1
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:38 pm Craig said it was in 2006 that he threw an idea at Broccoli. "I said to Barbara, 'How many of these movies do I have to make?' Because I don't really look at contracts or any of those things," he recalled. "And she said, 'Four,' and I went, 'Oh, okay. Can I kill him off in the last one?' And she didn't pause. She said, 'Yes.'" But it wasn't an easy task for Broccoli to keep her word. She had to convince her producing partner, Michael G. Wilson, that this was the way for Craig's Bond to go out. "It was 'no' for a long time," Craig said, adding: "I thought it was forgotten about, put it that way. I didn't bring it back up again until this one." After "Spectre," Craig's fourth time playing Bond, Craig was ready to leave the franchise, Wilson said. "We wanted Daniel back and he was very reluctant," Wilson told Variety. "I think we thought, all of us had thought, that [Bond dying] was the best way to end this whole thing."-------16 years ago Broccoli knew Cr-egg's ending. https://www.insider.com/daniel-craig-pi ... 006-2022-1
Oh how cute, EON productions are pretending like they had a plan.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

dirtybenny wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:21 pm
bjmdds wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:38 pm Craig said it was in 2006 that he threw an idea at Broccoli. "I said to Barbara, 'How many of these movies do I have to make?' Because I don't really look at contracts or any of those things," he recalled. "And she said, 'Four,' and I went, 'Oh, okay. Can I kill him off in the last one?' And she didn't pause. She said, 'Yes.'" But it wasn't an easy task for Broccoli to keep her word. She had to convince her producing partner, Michael G. Wilson, that this was the way for Craig's Bond to go out. "It was 'no' for a long time," Craig said, adding: "I thought it was forgotten about, put it that way. I didn't bring it back up again until this one." After "Spectre," Craig's fourth time playing Bond, Craig was ready to leave the franchise, Wilson said. "We wanted Daniel back and he was very reluctant," Wilson told Variety. "I think we thought, all of us had thought, that [Bond dying] was the best way to end this whole thing."-------16 years ago Broccoli knew Cr-egg's ending. https://www.insider.com/daniel-craig-pi ... 006-2022-1
Oh how cute, EON productions are pretending like they had a plan.
It says volumes that Danny Boyle and Ralph Finnes had to remind Craig and Broccoli what the traditions of the series were. Here's hoping Ernst Stravos Bezos gets somebody who actually knows what they're doing when it comes to Bond like Iger had to do with Faloni and Favearu for Star Wars. I fear we'll never get another serviceable Bond until all this cultural marxism is vanquished.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It seems China has mocked Broccoli's creation:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This poll has Aidan Turner as the #3 choice to be the next Bond: https://www.justjared.com/2022/01/04/to ... -favorite/
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I read on a forum that Dame Barbara will spend 2022 on a play - with Sir Count Viscount Craig of course - then make a film with Whoopi Goldberg then discuss Craig's successor in 2024.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I read on a forum that Dame Barbara will spend 2022 on a play - with Sir Count Viscount Craig of course - then make a film with Whoopi Goldberg then discuss Craig's successor in 2024.
Not sure how reliable this information is, but it would be consistent with Craig being announced some 3 years after DAD was released.