The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: If the series is based on the novels as described by Omega it may be OK. However considering the fact most know the "Bourneiverse" via the films I doubt it. Most likely it'll be a more "woke" version of QOS where "OMG, espionage agencies iz shady AF yo!" In which case yawn, see every 80's action television show ever.
My guess is that they'll follow the X-Files model of "good" Treadstone agents having to battle against corrupt elements within their own agency. But with more extra-judicial killings, and fewer sasquatches.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:
dirtybenny wrote: If the series is based on the novels as described by Omega it may be OK. However considering the fact most know the "Bourneiverse" via the films I doubt it. Most likely it'll be a more "woke" version of QOS where "OMG, espionage agencies iz shady AF yo!" In which case yawn, see every 80's action television show ever.
My guess is that they'll follow the X-Files model of "good" Treadstone agents having to battle against corrupt elements within their own agency. But with more extra-judicial killings, and fewer sasquatches.
That's cute Kris, I like it! :wink:

If that is the case then I'd call it a "wobbler" it could go either way. Just depends on the production team, however considering this is the USA network I don't know.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It's from the creator of CSI. Don't know if that's good or bad, since I've never watched it.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Charlize Theron debates leaving America for her black children :!: :shock: Oh really Charlize? Over four thousand people fled to Uganda from the Democratic Republic of Congo last weekend, bringing the number of refugees displaced by violence in the eastern part of the country to at least 57,000 since January, according to the UN :!: Also, Girl, 10, shares horror of rape amid humanitarian crisis in DR Congo :!: :shock: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

During an interview on the BBC’s Graham Norton Show (via Digital Spy), when Harris was directly asked for some details about the upcoming Bond film, her answer probably wasn’t what people were expecting or hoping to hear, as she replied:

“I know nothing. I don’t know if I am in it, but I do know they start shooting at the end of the year. I have cleared my diary in anticipation but I don’t know.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:During an interview on the BBC’s Graham Norton Show (via Digital Spy), when Harris was directly asked for some details about the upcoming Bond film, her answer probably wasn’t what people were expecting
Not that unexpected for those who know how EON works.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

bjmdds wrote:During an interview on the BBC’s Graham Norton Show (via Digital Spy), when Harris was directly asked for some details about the upcoming Bond film, her answer probably wasn’t what people were expecting or hoping to hear, as she replied:

“I know nothing. I don’t know if I am in it, but I do know they start shooting at the end of the year. I have cleared my diary in anticipation but I don’t know.”
Funny. About a month ago, Harris was claiming that Boyle would bring an “amazing twist” to the next film, as if she's seen the script or something. Obviously, she knows nothing (not surprisingly). This is another Hollywood loon.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Judy dench used to rave about the new script and we’d find out months later there was no script and they were still trying to finish it as they film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Omega wrote:Judy dench used to rave about the new script and we’d find out months later there was no script and they were still trying to finish it as they film

It's their way to stay relevant, buttering up a non-existent script, and to remind Broccoli and Wilson that they exist. “Don't forget me, I still want to be in the Bond films!” Speaking of Judi Dench, I just saw her in Murder On The Orient Express. She was good as usual but really aged quite a bit. Sadly, she was diagnosed with macular degeneration a few years ago.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Been awhile so I thought I'd announce it here, a new rant is up. Admittedly not one of my best so could use some input.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Cr-egg is getting in shape for his Bond 'supposed' swan song.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Atticus wrote:
Omega wrote:Judy dench used to rave about the new script and we’d find out months later there was no script and they were still trying to finish it as they film

It's their way to stay relevant, buttering up a non-existent script, and to remind Broccoli and Wilson that they exist. “Don't forget me, I still want to be in the Bond films!” Speaking of Judi Dench, I just saw her in Murder On The Orient Express. She was good as usual but really aged quite a bit. Sadly, she was diagnosed with macular degeneration a few years ago.
I think that was about the time of Skyfall, she raves about a script delivered by men in Black when there was no
Finished script, then later went public with her diagnosis saying her daughter had to read the scripts to her. I like dame dench but she was a very useful tool for eon to spread disinformation. 2004-5 She said pierce would be back, then in 2006 to help Craig the classy dame says she saw him naked and it was a monster, in retrospect she was going blind already. But my previous point she was always used by eon to spread lies when the truth was inconvenient

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:Been awhile so I thought I'd announce it here, a new rant is up. Admittedly not one of my best so could use some input.
sweet I’ll have to read it

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Rip gunny ermey

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Director Danny Boyle is working on Bond 25’s script with Trainspotting scribe John Hodge and he’s hinted at a progressive :roll: handling of the Bond girls. Speaking with Page Six last month, the Oscar winner said: “You write in real time.” :shock: Boyle continued: “You acknowledge the legacy of the world [of Bond] and you write in the world — but you also write in the modern world as well.” Back in January millennials were watching older James Bond movies and called them “sexist and racist” :hair: on Twitter. Some even called Sir Sean Connery’s incarnation a rapist, :hair: for forcing himself on Pussy Galore in 1964’s Goldfinger. In contrast a new book by a University Professor claims that James Bond wasn’t sexist, but a “stylish commando.” Image
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

janicereaver
wont be worth watching in the future will it. i like a real man.

Theoldoaktree
You mean snowflake !
BlueFlue----Christ!!!!...It had to happen..THEY ARE CUTTING THE BALLS OFF BOND...That's the end of that franchise.."Bond takes 2 bob in Box Office Receipts".....

spiritfiremsp.
The problem Craig has is that he is too old to be successfully womanising with a 20 something. It increasingly lacks credibility. That is not to say that it should not tastefully and believably return if there is a younger 007 and it moves with the times!

Timbo01spiritfiremsp.
Don't write us old ones off, we can still perform!

rbisto
There won't be much time in the next Bond movie for action scenes, he'll be too busy doing the housework. What comes next ? Bond oh ! oh ! 7 ?

Norfolkbumpkin
I wonder what is politically correct about blowing the brains out of a foreign agent. It lacks something - like reality.
Timbo01
He is supposed to be bad, I real man. I want to see some hard sex scenes, or it all not feel right.

MajorPlonquer
Feminist? With Boyle directing he'll be a glue sniffing, salvation army shopping transsexual.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Quite frankly, I don't think I even care anymore. Bond was in a coma with CR, life support in QOS (if he were to be saved here is where it could have happened), brain dead in SF and SP finally pulled the plug on him, sending Bond off into the oblivion, not with a bang but a whimper from his long lost brother.

EON and their chosen hatchet men have hacked Bond to splinters, not even the sawdust remains to indicate the character he used to represent. So I say screw it, especially since this film will once again star his craggyness, what is there to get excited about? What are we expecting, a sudden about face? In fact since this is supposedly Crag's swan song we should be cheering on this P.C. claptrap! The more the merrier! It's the only way we're going to get any snap back, not until they fall on their face will EON even consider they made a mistake with this reboot and subsequent dismantling of the Bond mythos.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

ABC’s revised edition of “American Idol” reportedly dropped to a new all-time ratings low on Sunday night despite being the lead in for the network’s highly anticipated James Comey interview with George Stephanopoulos. “American Idol” picked up a dismal 1.3 rating/5 share in the key demographic of adults age 18-49, a new all-time low for the franchise including the original run on Fox, according to TheWrap.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote:Quite frankly, I don't think I even care anymore. Bond was in a coma with CR, life support in QOS (if he were to be saved here is where it could have happened), brain dead in SF and SP finally pulled the plug on him, sending Bond off into the oblivion, not with a bang but a whimper from his long lost brother.
I think I agree dirtybenny, but you're starting to sound like FBF. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Rip Harry Anderson