The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:She was shut out in the Golden Globes and the SAG awards already. Now, it does NOT look like Annette Bening will even be nominated for best actress in Broccoli's unwatched masterpiece at the Oscars this year :!: :clap: Barbie's payoffs just did not work, nor did she even get any recognition for her talent, or lack of, on “Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool” :!: :ROFL: Image
She got a BAFTA nomination, if that's any consolation. I think that's known as home field advantage, with it being a British movie.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:In July 2013, a team of scientists examined 64 wild Alaskan salmon. After filleting the musculature into narrow slices, the scientists observed these and the internal organs of each fish under a magnifying glass. They discovered larvae, between 8 and 15 millimeters long, that continually elongated and contracted (as worms are known to do). With gene sequencing, they were identified as Japanese tapeworms. Based on the study results, four species of Pacific salmon are known to carry Japanese tapeworm infections: chum salmon, masu salmon, pink salmon and sockeye salmon. Because these salmon are exported on ice -- unfrozen -- and then appear in restaurants around the world, infections caused by the Japanese tapeworm may occur anywhere, from China to Europe, from New Zealand to Ohio.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... tor-salmon
Raw deal: sushi-loving California man discovers 5ft 6in tapeworm

Fresno doctor says of ‘giant’ parasite patient wrapped round toilet roll: ‘Apparently it was still wriggling when he put it in the bag’
:shock:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:My Patriots are going back to the Superbowl in 2 weeks :!: :clap: Image
I thought New York and Boston were deadly rivals?
The NY Jets are a pathetic football organization here and the NY Giants were never my team.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:Well said big O, basically that article is a backhanded noncommittal version of what we've been saying for years.
thanks DB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

DB needs a rant about Bond, Broccoli and where the #meetoo nonsense movement will affect Cr-egg's hopefully final Bond film.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:DB needs a rant about Bond, Broccoli and where the #meetoo nonsense movement will affect Cr-egg's hopefully final Bond film.
Ironically my next idea somewhat touches that vein.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

DB: : :clap: --------------------Also, Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Neil Diamond today announced his retirement from touring due to his recent diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease. Based on his doctors’ advice, the third leg of Diamond’s 50th Anniversary tour, scheduled for Australia and New Zealand in March, has been cancelled. Diamond said in a statement that he plans to continue writing and recording. He will turn 77 on Jan. 24 and four days later will be honored at the Grammy Awards when the Recording Academy presents him with its Lifetime Achievement Award.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Idris Elba says he is very much NOT going to play James Bond, but he tells Variety that he has an idea of who should. “Are we interested in having a Bond character other than being a male? Could be a woman, could be a black woman, could be a white woman, but I think, that character, everybody would like to see it have—do something different with it, why not?” :hair: Another brain dead moron with these ridiculous suggestions :!: :cuss:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Oscar nominations have been announced: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/osca ... ign=buffer

Nothing for Babbzy or Annette Bening, you'll be pleased to hear. Personally, I want Saoirse Ronan (sp?) to win Best Actress, purely to watch whoever reads out the winner struggle to pronounce her name.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli's ego will be crushed :!: Her so-called artistic work went by the wayside. :Happy:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli should liven up the next Bond song and instead of boring ballads with Adele, she should have Sugarland rock the song Shatterhand with a big beat for once :!: [video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

NFL "rejects veterans" group's Super Bowl ad urging people to stand for the anthem :!: :hair: “It’s a simple, polite request that represents the sentiment of our membership, particularly those whose missing or paralyzed limbs preclude standing,” wrote National Commander Marion Polk in a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. American Veterans accused the NFL of outright censorship by rejecting the advertisement. “Freedom of speech works both ways. We respect the rights of those who choose to protest, as these rights are precisely what our members have fought – and in many cases died – for,” Polk wrote. “But imposing corporate censorship to deny that same right to those veterans who have secured it for us all is reprehensible and totally beyond the pale.” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy defended the league’s decision to ban the American Veterans’ advertisement noting that the game day program “is designed for fans to commemorate and celebrate the game, players, teams and the Super Bowl. It’s never been a place for advertising that could be considered by some as a political statement,” McCarthy told Army Times. As opposed to the political statement NFL players have been making all season on national television and in taxpayer funded football stadiums. McCarthy told Army Times they gave American Veterans the option of changing their proposed advertisement to read, “Please Stand for our Veterans.” It’s becoming increasingly clear that the NFL’s disdain for American patriotism is not just isolated to the gridiron. It’s apparently infested the front office. “Veterans are good for more than just military aircraft flyovers, photo opportunities during halftime, or props to sell camouflage-style NFL apparel; although, the NFL’s stance on not allowing the veterans’ unfiltered voice to be heard says otherwise,” Polk wrote to Goodell.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The SAG Awards averaged a combined 0.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 2.71 million viewers on TNT and TBS. That’s "down" from 1.2 and 3.87 million in 2017 :!: :Happy:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Watching a documentary about volcanoes on YouTube(I'm nerdy like that :lol: ) and they talked about the Icelandic volcano and of course I thought of Sweeney-when he got stuck in-California was it-because the plane to home would have had to fly over Iceland. Yikes.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Armando Iannuci's satirical farce The Death of Stalin has been banned in Russia. I haven't seen the movie, but anyone who has seen The Thick of It or Veep knows that Iannuci is a master at making political intrigue funny, so I have a pretty good idea why it would piss Putin off.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"It's interesting that the James Bond thing continues to go," Elba said, speaking with the Independent. "I think it's more about 'we just want to have a black guy play James Bond' rather than 'Idris Elba, the actor, play James Bond'. That's the part that I'm like, 'Ugh, come on.'"-----------------'The truth is that it's total speculation," James Norton told the Guardian. "It's really humbling and flattering, but to have my name [talked up for Bond] next to the likes of Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender is just mad. If you're thinking of putting a bet on me, keep your money in your pocket."
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:"It's interesting that the James Bond thing continues to go," Elba said, speaking with the Independent. "I think it's more about 'we just want to have a black guy play James Bond' rather than 'Idris Elba, the actor, play James Bond'. That's the part that I'm like, 'Ugh, come on.'"
Yes, he's said before that he doesn't want the role for that reason.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It's hard to believe that it's now 16 years since Brosnan was Bond and our FBF was happy.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Why? Another Hollywood waste of time remake of a classic film that should not be touched :!: :cuss:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote:Image Why? Another Hollywood waste of time remake of a classic film that should not be touched :!: :cuss:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol: