The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Yes, Broccoli said she is falling in love with our FBF and she may select him as the next Bond if all goes well between them :!: :lol: My New England Patriots football team just won a wild and crazy game to lock up their division.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I know, he's a criminal and fully deserves his punishment. But I still kinda like this guy's style.Image
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Box Office Mojo has The Last Jedi opening behind The Force Awakens, but still delivering the second biggest opening weekend of all time, according to the estimated figures. Actuals are due later today.

I saw the film yesterday, and I actualy liked it better than TFA. I can see why some people didn't like it. There is more humour than in previous Star Wars films, and I can quite imagine some people objecting to that. Personally, I didn't have a problem with it. The film still had an emotional core, and took itself seriously when it needed to. The main problem for me was Daisy Ridley as Rey. I find many of her line readings horribly wooden. I can see why she was cast in the role, she has that tough-but-vulnerable quality that the character requires, but I just don't think she has the acting chops to pull it off. Sorry.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I was prepared to like Last Jedi better than TFA, it seemed like avengers age of altron where the story is rushed to get the characters in place for the sequels.

I think what I do not like most of all is the feeling of futility rogue one and lest Jedi are marinating in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:I was prepared to like Last Jedi better than TFA, it seemed like avengers age of altron where the story is rushed to get the characters in place for the sequels.

I think what I do not like most of all is the feeling of futility rogue one and lest Jedi are marinating in.
I still haven't seen Rogue One, but I think it's traditional for the middle film in a Star Wars trilogy to be the dark one, following The Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones. Of course, Revenge of the Sith was even darker, because it had to set up Anakin Skywalker's final descent into becoming Darth Vader, but I think the next film in this trilogy will see the comeback and final victory, a la Return of the Jedi.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:I was prepared to like Last Jedi better than TFA, it seemed like avengers age of altron where the story is rushed to get the characters in place for the sequels.

I still haven't seen Rogue One, but I think it's traditional for the middle film in a Star Wars trilogy to be the dark one, following The Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones. Of course, Revenge of the Sith was even darker, because it had to set up Anakin Skywalker's final descent into becoming Darth Vader, but I think the next film in this trilogy will see the comeback and final victory, a la Return of the Jedi.
if you watch Rogue one you’ll basically see Last Jedi.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

$220 million actuals U.S.A. and Canada, world wide total with USA $450.8 million, 11.2% decline worldwide over TFA.

Even if it falls on its face last Jedi will $500 to 700 million domestically.

First Monday is something to watch , TFA dropped 33% rogue one 55%,
$24 million to $34 is the safe zone for last Jedi.
They do mention there is a lot of divided word of mouth concerning the movie but good cinema scores.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

IIRC the estimated figure was the same as the actual. It made more in its opening weekend domestically (though not worldwide) than Justice League has made in its entire run to date. Ouch.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

If the estimate is off it’s by fractions of a million.
Im curious if the RT audience score was rigged or not.

I forgot about JL with all the excitement about Star Wars. $636 million world wide, yeah they are about done. Far far away ... from wb’s billion dollar dream. Weirdly the merger with ATT pushed WB to keep JL on target because without it the bottom line for projected profitability was not going to look as nice and there were bonuses studio executives thought them might not get after the merger because they’d be gone. So ATT merger posturing hurt the final JL movie .

Oddly I agree with the justice department that att needs to sell off the broadcast division (hbo, TBS, tnt, TCM, trutv, Cartoon Network, who cares about cnn) if they want to keep the content and their television providers, diectv, directv now (streaming) and uverse.

Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Doing site maintenance on the main page today. Do not worry if the page is off line, forum should continue to be on line with no issues. I will update as it progresses.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This thread is closing in on "1 million" views in the near future :!: Cr-egg is still Bond :hair: I always questioned which would come first and now we know. When the milestone is attained, EON should "knight" this website as a national treasure :!:------------Bookies have reported that 007 could be played by one of the UK’s most prominent TV talents of the last few years. It’s none other than James Norton, who has earned acclaim in the likes of Grantchester, Happy Valley and War and Peace. Now, he’s set to star in new BBC drama McMafia; a role that has revived previous speculation around a possible stint as James Bond. According to William Hill, a flurry of money has been placed on him over the last 48 hours, causing a dramatic cut in his odds. In fact he is now the favourite on 5/2, with Tom Hardy on 3/1 and Jack Huston on 4/1. Aidan Turner is priced on 7/1, while Idris Elba is on 10/1. Other competitors include Tom Hiddleston (10/1), Michael Fassbender (12/1), Travis Fimmel (14/1), Ricky Whittle (16/1) and Henry Cavill (20/1).----------There also have been accusations that McMafia essentially is Norton’s audition as James Bond with the first episode seeing the Happy Valley star suit up in a tuxedo, come out of the ocean in swimming trunks, flirt with women across the world and fight a bunch of Israeli gangsters. “I did warn Hoss and James that if they wrote the first scene with me coming out of a cab in a tux they would stir some of [the rumors about Bond]. For me, I’m personally very grateful that Daniel Craig is going to do at least one more [Bond] film, I’m a big fan of his,” he added. Image Image
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

All the talk about the new Star Wars not being up to par what comes to my mind is these films were never high art. Essentially Start Wars were remakes of better films and books watered down to be populist.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Bolo crushes FormerBondFan because he's tired of his whining. Bolo is very satisfied when he's done. :lol:

[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Well Last Jedi fell below the numbers I posted to look out for.
First Monday was $21 million , $24 was the lowest they were afraid of.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Count_Lippe wrote:Bolo crushes FormerBondFan because he's tired of his whining. Bolo is very satisfied when he's done. :lol:

[video][/video]
Count, you like the Bruce Lee films?
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

And then Brandon Lee comes and avenges FBF.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

bjmdds wrote:Count, you like the Bruce Lee films?
I prefer Chinese Hercules. :lol:

[video][/video]
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

[video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Last Jedi's user rating on Rotten Tomatoes is now down to 54%. It does better on IMDb, with 7.8 out of 10 (or 78% if you prefer), but there's no reason to believe that the RT results are fixed. It does seem to have been pretty polarising, with some fans slamming it for not matching their own personal headcanon.