The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

According to Box Office Mojo, The Foreigner has exceeded expectations, with a $13 million opening weekend in the US and Canada (the studio projected $10 million). Worldwide, it is already close to going into profit, that is, making 3 times its budget, and it hasn't been out a week yet. Or opened in the UK and Ireland, as far as I know. $66 million of its nearly $105 million gross came from China, where the presence of Jackie Chan no doubt helped immensely.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

What is the run time? My movie pass app says 54 min??? Way to short

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

IMDb says 1 hour 54. Maybe your app was adjusting for daylight savings.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:‘He wants Monica Bellucci back, that’s for sure,’ a source close to Craig told The Mirror. :roll: Recent reports have claimed that Bond may be married in the 25th film in the series, with a script leak suggesting that Lea Seydoux’s character Dr. Madeleine Swann had married Bond and he had left the secret service for a happily ever after. ‘Bond quits the secret service, and he’s in love and gets married,’ said a Hollywood insider to the New York Post’s Page Six column. :roll: But the source bleakly added Bond will return to the secret service after his wife is killed in order to exact his revenge; the film is rumoured to be a remake of You Only Live Twice only with a new name – Shatterhand, an alias of Bond villain Blofeld’s in the novel You Only Live Twice. :roll:
Craig's Bond marrying Dr.Swann is more far-fetched than anything that appeared in DAD. I can't remember an on-screen couple that had less chemistry than these two. The only thing that comes close is any other pairing involving Craig.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Veronica wrote:
bjmdds wrote:‘He wants Monica Bellucci back, that’s for sure,’ a source close to Craig told The Mirror. :roll: Recent reports have claimed that Bond may be married in the 25th film in the series, with a script leak suggesting that Lea Seydoux’s character Dr. Madeleine Swann had married Bond and he had left the secret service for a happily ever after. ‘Bond quits the secret service, and he’s in love and gets married,’ said a Hollywood insider to the New York Post’s Page Six column. :roll: But the source bleakly added Bond will return to the secret service after his wife is killed in order to exact his revenge; the film is rumoured to be a remake of You Only Live Twice only with a new name – Shatterhand, an alias of Bond villain Blofeld’s in the novel You Only Live Twice. :roll:
Craig's Bond marrying Dr.Swann is more far-fetched than anything that appeared in DAD. I can't remember an on-screen couple that had less chemistry than these two. The only thing that comes close is any other pairing involving Craig.
That would be the obvious story to do for lazy Eon.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It’s the laziest thing they could possibly do, and there no build up for it or reason to cat, so far everything they’ve done cheapens the ordinal stories even in the video games

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Transgender woman from Casper Wyoming, is convicted of sexually assaulting a 10-year-old girl in women's bathroom :hair: :shock: :cuss: Michelle Martinez - known as Miguel before identifying as a female - found guilty :!: She took a girl, 10, to a bathroom where she touched her breasts and genitalia :!: Nurses then found evidence of the shocking abuse, which included penetration :!: Martinez faces 70 years in jail for first and second degree sexual abuse of minor :!: :cuss: It was only a matter of time before this happened :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

“Directors are lining up to do the next Bond film,” an insider told HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY about Bond 25, the next addition to the famous series. While Yann Demange, Denis Villeneuve and David Mackenzie‘s names have all been thrown into the mix, our source says that the top pick goes to Christopher Nolan.

“They want to take the franchise in a completely different direction,” the source added. “The producers don’t want him to be the ladies’ man he has been known for and actually want him to get married. :shock: :hair: Everyone feels Christopher would be the best to steer the film in the direction they are seeking.” :hair: :roll: Get Sweeney in here at once :!: FBF, execute Order 66 now :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Everybody panic! An unnamed insider source has told an obscure website something EXCLUSIVELY!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Panic!!
Maybe blade runner flopping has hurt some chances. What ever happened to Madonna’s ex husband ? they loved him for the job too.

Nolan is not a director they could control, big name, lots of buzz and a guy who they might get for a new bond and a trilogy some day but trying to sell him on a further dumbed down bond probably won’t go well. He’s already said he’s not interested in Craig’s bond, more than hinting he’d want a clean slate to work from. Putting both hands behind his back to make a even more unbond like movie is not going to be a easy sell.

Craig hasn’t been the ladies man since he took the job, are they trying for even less emotional connection than usual? Going for a bickering married couple?

This is standard operating procedure for this franchise, vague rumors while they say nothing using the fame of other people to fuel their dwindling franchise. Only difference is now big stars come out sooner to disavow than they used to.

Still it’s weird that no official confirmation of Craig returning or distributors. But eon may want to stay off the radar a few more weeks given their baggage and the fallout happening in Hollywood because of Weinstein.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Btw this Nolan rumor goes back to July

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Next Saturday's Chiller Theatre guest list: http://www.chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Study findings: Facebook and narcissism go together like coffee and biscotti. Studies both old and new seem to show that FB cultivates narcissism and/or attracts narcissists. Herein lies the problem that for most users of Facebook; no one really cares what you say.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Still it’s weird that no official confirmation of Craig returning or distributors.
:?: Craig's return was officially confirmed a couple of months back. It's one of the reasons that I don't believe the Nolan rumour, since Nolan is on record as saying that if he did a Bond film, it would be with a new Bond, and the freedom to remake the franchise in his own image. I can't see an auteur like Nolan wanting to be lumbered with a Purvis & Wade script.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: Still it’s weird that no official confirmation of Craig returning or distributors.
:?: Craig's return was officially confirmed a couple of months back. It's one of the reasons that I don't believe the Nolan rumour, since Nolan is on record as saying that if he did a Bond film, it would be with a new Bond, and the freedom to remake the franchise in his own image. I can't see an auteur like Nolan wanting to be lumbered with a Purvis & Wade script.
did they announce it? I remember Craig saying it but I didn’t remember seeing eon casting confirmed . Not that I think Babs wouldn’t bring him back at any cost.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli only comes out of her LAIR once before any film, and that's at their press conference to talk, very little, of the newest film. We should see that by next summer most likely. Until then, it's all speculation based on "sources", most of which are EON promoters. In the stocks and IPOs game on Wall Street, you call that 'market makers' who shill for the companies. Their press conferences are as exciting as watching a horse sleep standing up all night. MGW might look even more worn for wear than usual and keeping him awake for the meeting will be difficult. :jack:
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
did they announce it? I remember Craig saying it but I didn’t remember seeing eon casting confirmed . Not that I think Babs wouldn’t bring him back at any cost.

Eon put out this short press release after Daniel Craig's appearance on The Late Show.

http://www.007.com/daniel-craig-return-james-bond/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Well, this was unexpected.Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

What there is a Johnny English 3? K missed that. Olga seems to like staring in bond knock offs

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:
Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

Eon put out this short press release after Daniel Craig's appearance on The Late Show.

http://www.007.com/daniel-craig-return-james-bond/
Still weird. It’s sourcing the late show instead of EON. Thank for the link, all the stories had the late show as the source I expected the full announcement from eon about director, stars, and distributor