The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Also Elba just a few days ago called Craig clever for holding out for a huge payday , that weird $150 million figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Now you mention it, when we went to see Wonder Woman, there were two different trailers for movies starring Idris; The Dark Tower and some "man (and woman) against the elements" thing with Kate Winslet. Even Mrs Kristatos, who never recognises actors, said "Wait, isn't that the same guy who was in the other trailer we just saw?"
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Now you mention it, when we went to see Wonder Woman, there were two different trailers for movies starring Idris; The Dark Tower and some "man (and woman) against the elements" thing with Kate Winslet. Even Mrs Kristatos, who never recognises actors, said "Wait, isn't that the same guy who was in the other trailer we just saw?"
oh yeah that plain crash movie

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Now you mention it, when we went to see Wonder Woman, there were two different trailers for movies starring Idris; The Dark Tower and some "man (and woman) against the elements" thing with Kate Winslet. Even Mrs Kristatos, who never recognises actors, said "Wait, isn't that the same guy who was in the other trailer we just saw?"
oh yeah that plain crash movie

That's the one.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Name of the movie is The mountain between us
Destin for mediocre box office

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Al Gore's sequel to An Inconvenient Truth flounders in 15th place at the box office, making less than the original - despite appearing on more than TWICE as many screens. An Inconvenient Sequel made $900,000 across 180 screens this weekend. The original, released in 2006, made $1.35m on 77 screens at the same point. :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: When Al talks, NOBODY listens :!: :clap: The Hollywood Reporter revealed Gore will present the film at this year’s Zurich International Film Festival in October.
Last edited by bjmdds on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:Sorry Big O, I'm JournalisticHack.com and Kristatos is my "source"
did we get the rumor started yet?

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Showtime President and CEO David Nevins said he expected to film the series Purity in 2017. That would have been in the can before star Daniel Craig would be needed for another James Bond film, should he even decide to make one. Now that Bond 25 is scheduled for release in 2019, with filming next year and Craig expected (though not officially confirmed) to return, Showtime is waiting for him.

“He’s doing Bond first,” Nevins said. “I can’t say anything about what I know or don’t know about Bond. That’s not my area.”

The schedule for Bond 25 could mean that Craig is not available to shoot Purity until 2019. “It’s possible,” Nevins said.

Craig is still committed to Purity, according to Nevins. “I think so, yeah,” Nevins assured.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Glen Campbell, 'Rhinestone Cowboy' Singer Who Fused Country and Pop, Dead at 81-----Singer-guitarist and TV host who achieved crossover success succumbs to Alzheimer's disease :cry: [video][/video] [video][/video]
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Looks like the forum is running well. Any problems?
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:Showtime President and CEO David Nevins said he expected to film the series Purity in 2017. That would have been in the can before star Daniel Craig would be needed for another James Bond film, should he even decide to make one. Now that Bond 25 is scheduled for release in 2019, with filming next year and Craig expected (though not officially confirmed) to return, Showtime is waiting for him.

“He’s doing Bond first,” Nevins said. “I can’t say anything about what I know or don’t know about Bond. That’s not my area.”

The schedule for Bond 25 could mean that Craig is not available to shoot Purity until 2019. “It’s possible,” Nevins said.

Craig is still committed to Purity, according to Nevins. “I think so, yeah,” Nevins assured.
I think he should concentrate on the tv series and Bond can be rebooted with a new actor. :martini:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Goldeneye wrote:Looks like the forum is running well. Any problems?
It is working well, although the DCINB coffee machine could do with a clean.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote:Glen Campbell, 'Rhinestone Cowboy' Singer Who Fused Country and Pop, Dead at 81-----Singer-guitarist and TV host who achieved crossover success succumbs to Alzheimer's disease :cry: [video][/video] [video][/video]
One of the few country artists(who are all old-school-not crazy about the super-politicalized country which has been around more the last(almost 16) years) I like.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

bjmdds wrote:Showtime President and CEO David Nevins said he expected to film the series Purity in 2017. That would have been in the can before star Daniel Craig would be needed for another James Bond film, should he even decide to make one. Now that Bond 25 is scheduled for release in 2019, with filming next year and Craig expected (though not officially confirmed) to return, Showtime is waiting for him.

Isn't this comment from last year?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

tbp82 wrote:

Isn't this comment from last year?
that was what I was thinking

Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Goldeneye wrote:Looks like the forum is running well. Any problems?
It is working well, although the DCINB coffee machine could do with a clean.
I wouldn't drink from it! Probably has new forms of evolved life been so long since it was last cleaned. :skull:

Could be it is just my internet connection the forum seems to load very fast.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Den of Geek on Spiderman and box office: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/spid ... it-or-flop
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Den of Geek on Spiderman and box office: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk
very good! I'm surprised as litigious as America is studios can get away with not publishing ticket sales, the use bo results as marketing to push people to the movies. Biggest best number 1 stuff like that.

As for Spider-Man china may give it a numbers bump but Sony maybe get 25% of the gross, it's a weird racket where they lose $70 million to the Chinese government but are happy to crow about braking a record.

But over all the point of that article was very good because it talks about the hype and perception not matching the reality.

Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

When Eight Bells Toll from 1971 is a rather cool Bond-like adventure. Based on the novel by Alistair MacLean. Maybe this is sort of what the Bond series could have been in the 70s, had they not become so camp beginning with DAF.

[video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Count_Lippe wrote:When Eight Bells Toll from 1971 is a rather cool Bond-like adventure. Based on the novel by Alistair MacLean. Maybe this is sort of what the Bond series could have been in the 70s, had they not become so camp beginning with DAF.

[video][/video]
Trailers didn't half go on in those days. There's almost no need to watch the movie.