The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

It's a better movie hope dc learned the Snyder vision of D.C. Is not going to sell as well as patty Jenkins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Trailer for Pierce's new movie with Jackie Chan, The Foreigner. Hope the link works:
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It looks interesting, better than Logan Lucky.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I guess Martin Campbell has made up with Pierce, after being rather rude about him around the time of CR's release.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I guess Martin Campbell has made up with Pierce, after being rather rude about him around the time of CR's release.
not just Campbell everybody in the production was rude it was the company line probably because this site existed.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Interesting china news the MPAA is auditing some theaters in china not saying what they are looking for yet, its assumed they are looking for false sales where tickets were bought for Hollywood films but tickets for Chinese movies were sold instead. Supposed the audience still got to see the Hollywood movie just the BO was manipulated to help Chinese films.
Hollywood is also renegotiating they profit sharing deal, they expect to have more Hollywood movies in china and get more than 25% of the BO.
One story I read didn't make clear it was holly wood that got the 25% and china 75%, the way it was written you could assume the Chinese took the smaller share.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:I guess Martin Campbell has made up with Pierce, after being rather rude about him around the time of CR's release.
not just Campbell everybody in the production was rude it was the company line probably because this site existed.

True. Anyway, this could be the film that FBF has been hoping for all these years: an action movie from the director of Goldeneye and based on a critically acclaimed novel.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I though for a moment FBF hacked your account ;)

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:I though for a moment FBF hacked your account ;)

I was certainly thinking of him when I posted the trailer.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

What exactly did he say?
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:

True. Anyway, this could be the film that FBF has been hoping for all these years: an action movie from the director of Goldeneye and based on a critically acclaimed novel.
FBF isn't the only one. I personally thought November Man had potential. It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it and there were some great moments. I just can't understand why it was shown at so few cinemas. Seems like anything that doesn't have the backing of the Hollywood mainstream is shunned by them.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Where is the FBF? This is HIS kind of film.------------------------Chris Miller and Phil Lord were fired June 20 from the Han Solo project over creative differences. Sources told The Hollywood Reporter the directing team's vision clashed with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, as well as that of longtime Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan. Ron Howard has since stepped in to take over directing duties on the film, which the studio maintains will be ready for it's May 2018 release.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

acid wrote:
FBF isn't the only one. I personally thought November Man had potential. It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it and there were some great moments. I just can't understand why it was shown at so few cinemas. Seems like anything that doesn't have the backing of the Hollywood mainstream is shunned by them.
I guess that's the price you pay for working outside the studio system. November Man seems to have been a straight to DVD movie that got the most limited theatrical release possible in order to fulfil some contractual obligation. This looks like it might get a wider release.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

A plan to tackle nepotism in the British film industry is backed by Barbara Broccoli. Satire is officially dead.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Kristatos wrote:Satire is officially dead.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're not kidding! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:A plan to tackle nepotism in the British film industry is backed by Barbara Broccoli. Satire is officially dead.
she probably doesn't even see the irony

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:A plan to tackle nepotism in the British film industry is backed by Barbara Broccoli. Satire is officially dead.
It certainly is :mrgreen:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli agreed to chair the taskforce after becoming aware of the skills shortage while filming the Bond movies at Pinewood. She said: “We live in a diverse society and it is vital both culturally and commercially that our industry reflects this in front of and behind the camera."------as I said, PC BS is the basis of her mindset in Bond films. She will ruin the franchise more if she remains in power.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Treadmillreviews tested refilled water bottles that had been used by an athlete for a week, and in stats provided to Metro revealed that the highest number of bacteria found on one bottle contained over 900,000 colony forming units per square cm on average - aka more than your standard toilet seat.

And worse still, researchers found that a whopping 60% of the germs found were capable of making you sick - meaning that if you've been randomly under the weather lately, you may have just found the culprit.

But that's not all. As well as the fact it's clearly disgustingly unhygienic, Good Housekeeping have discovered there are a bunch of nasty chemicals from the plastic which get released as it breaks down with frequent use.

Dr Marilyn Glenville PhD told the magazine these chemicals "can have effects on every system in our bodies".
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I was trying to find out how much Tom Cruise made for his mummy movie only relevant story I found was from last year and him trying to blackmail the MI series for big paydays because his other movies don't do well enough for him to make the big money.

Any way way down at the end was a break down of paramounts troubles and why they were not eager to pay Cruise more than they have to, part of it was Star Trek
, Paramount has had only one $100 million hit so far in 2016– “Star Trek Beyond” at $135 million, and it’s a money loser. “Beyond” cost at least $185 million, and worldwide has brought in just $215 million. Not good.